Originally posted by sy.gunson
You went on ichinisan to suggest the real reason behind the riots was dissatisfaction over economic hardship. So you admit then that Tibetans do not
share in the prosperity of the Han in Tibet do you ?
People really should read more carefully what others are writing and look at the reality and facts.
1) There is NO properity in an underdeveloped region YET, that is what we are trying to achieve, to bring prosperity to every corner in China.
2) The region is being developed, in a developing state in a free-open-market approach like the rest of China, everyone has their chance in "becoming
rich" (if we can say it so bluntly)
3) There are as many hard-working succesful Tibetan business men as hard-working "succesful" Hans business men, but also hard-working "succesful"
Huis business men and some other minorities. No discrimination or favorism towards Hans, otherwise why would the Huis mainly running the meat
businesses in Lahsa (just one of the many examples)? (Note: Succesful has to be said very loosely in an overly underdeveloped poor region. Even a
small family shop owner can be labelled succesful compared to unemployed young men)
--> And only the Hans & Huis runned businesses were targeted.
4) To not take part of the "prosperity" (as you call it) is caused by many reasons which we don't know exactly but only can assume. Low education
and not the same working mentality what is required to be "succesful" is what I have seen and experienced in that region. Low and even uneducated
are the ones who can not find a proper job with "good" wages or even becomes unemployed. Good wage is maybe like USD 50-100 per month?
4b) Calling it 4b to elaborate the education system in China. Even in this poor nation, anyone has the opportunity to study and have a proper
educations, it is affordable to the poorest families to send their kids to school. But like in Tibet, in the rest of China (and the world) you will
not avoid and stop drop-outs at early ages, or who can not study that well.
5) I never said that the economic situation is the ONLY reason, because I sincerely belief that some evil minds had been preparing these riots for
some time. The timing is too obvious. China just caught some terrorists who planned to sabotage the Olympics, and it seems like other terroristic
organizations became impatient too or the special forces were too close to them so they have to launch the unrest earlier than planned.
6) Conclusions (my personal opinion): To me, these frustrated young rioters were merely puppets in the game of some terroristic organization sponsored
by foreign chaos-making countries. They simply took advantage of the economic situations of these frustrated people who blamed everyone and everything
else besides themselves. [Edit: and no this is not brainwashing, this is another consipiracy in this conspiracy loaded forum
The only way to stop violence and live peacefully in a country is to develop the economy in an open and free way wherein everyone has the chance to
prosper. This is ongoing for a long time in Tibet, but terrorists are trying to sabotage this progress, it is unfortunately a huge setback, and only
the civilians will suffer because of this.
[edit on 22/3/08 by IchiNiSan]
[edit on 22/3/08 by IchiNiSan]