It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what you should know about the 14th Dalai Lama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

I make up my own mind based upon close observation and evaluation of all things.

First off you say chinese and Tibetans share the same truth in their hearts..I beg to differ based upon all the information throught the links I posted and then the most obvious, the Tibetan rebellion against chinese rule.

Do I think rioters are criminal? No. They act out in a homeland that legally and historicly belongs to them. It is the laws of an occupation that have made what they fight for criminal.

The Dalai Lama did not sign the Seventeen Point agreement but he understood the dire situation his people were in and tried to make the best of a very bad situation. If you had read the report that I linked above you would have a better grasp of the history.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Ya! The Epochtimes. Falun Gong just another enemy of the state. It sure would be nice to know that the Chinese government went after the child and slave traders in china with the same gusto as they go after any kind of spiritual practice.

The link I leave is for those who would like to get to know another ememy of the PRC.

www.hrw.org...

I thought I should add this link of an investigation into the harvesting of Falun Gong organs

video.google.com...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Witness2008]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
wwssii said

I only want to correct this point.
no anti-tibetan sentiments in Chinese hearts, tibetans are our compatriots and also Chinese.

Tibetans are not Chinese. They are Tibetans and prefer to be Tibetans.

Yes and the Chinese managed to recruit many collaborators to turn against their own cultures as patsy representatives to parade before the western press starting as far back as 1949.

and i have many tibetan classmates and neighbors.

i am mongolian. also chinese.

In the PLA handbook on Tibet for consumption by PLA troops captured in 1966 it referred to the Tibetan revolt of March 1959 saying that

87,000 enemy exterminated

Funny that. You call them compatriots. The PLA call Tibetans the enemy.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Many of the sources actually come from intercepted Chinese documents or radio messages

You have to have proof of that first

or investigations by the International Committee of Jurists based on a variety of sources including escaped Tibetan exiles.

You mean the ICJ or International Commission of Jurists?.

Well, what do you expect from a human rights activist site?

The International Committee of Jurists found that 69,517 of those deaths occurred in battles around Xining in the Tibetan province of Amdo. China does not even recognise this ethnic Tibetan province as part of the former Tibet and calls the province Qinghai.

XIning was a Chinese town on the silk road. It still has ancient CHINESE made structures and mosque there dating from the Han dynasty. The region was heavily fought over at that time and its absurd that you claim it as Tibetan when any of the other people living there have just as much right to that area

During the Western and Eastern Han Dynasties, owing to its developing agriculture, Xining was paid more attention due to its economic and martial significance. As well as being the important hinge between the central plains and the western part of China in ancient time, Xining was the most common passing channel of the famous Silk Road. Until now, it is still the only road by which to enter the hinterland of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.

China's own population statistics show a decline in Qinghai's population in 1959 from 477,994 to just 408,132 in 1963.

Proof first.

But it can easily be explained since they either fled with the Dalai Lama or moved to Tibet proper after they rebelled

If Tibetan culture was so horrible and rife with slavery, how astounding then that so many were prepared to lay down their lives in defence of that culture

Shows what powerful influence the Lamas had. The Serfs in Russia also laid their lives down as well as the French third estate and American slaves. People have different motives for everything

There are varying accounts depending on your definition of what constituted Tibet, from 343,000 to 413,151 Tibetan deaths. The higher figure includes the entire ethnic Tibetan region of Kham, Amdo and Tibet.

And where is the evidence of this?

They also claim in China proper that 58million people died but even the western diplomats who entered China at that period reported no massive deaths

The figures are based on "birth rates" not actual death records. They contend that during these years the birth rate fell and "thus" must have been a great famie. But like and famie where food is scarce there wont be a lot of births. At the time, the west is completely obivious to this and only started it during the 80s when they looked over chinas census figures

Here is a link to "sources"
users.erols.com...

Anyway, those three years were on of the worst periods of times during chinas history. Floods in the south, drought in north

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And where is the evidence of this?

Go look it up yourself. International Committee of Jurists. There are any number of books and websites to give you leads.

Start with an article by United Press International 17 September 1984

[edit on 21-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
The link I leave is for those who would like to get to know another ememy of the PRC.

So who is providing propaganda?

The only links you can come up with is human rights sites or falun gong sites.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

i really envy the rioter in your country since they can do everything the want.. pathetic indian , why dont you take to the street and kill? ..LOL..

who the rioters are against? the governor of tibet and mayor of lhasa are both Tibetans. there are many other senior tibetan officials either.

Dalai signed the agreement. dont deny this since you have quoted.
as for what kind of protecting his ppl, LOL, he only has slaves, no ppl in his mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Go look it up yourself. International Committee of Jurists. There are any number of books and websites to give you leads.

The onus of proof is on you to provide evidence of this.

Books and websites give you nothing but "Chinese source", "Chinese statistic" like what you have done.

Anyone can do that

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

tibetan is the ethnic name, while Chinese is the nationality. simple and plain. dont show a low level of understanding.

Dalai and other feudal exploiters and their followers are our enemy. again, simple and plain.

amereica killed iraqi troops, not iraqis, right? LOL......

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Many of the sources actually come from intercepted Chinese documents or radio messages

You have to have proof of that first

Yes and obviously you're so well informed you've never heard of it ?
Oh great we're arguing with people who've never read anything except the communist party line on Tibet!

Read this at top of page 236 (hope you read the entire document before rushing to reply ...
(or do you have an army of assistants furiously researching and telling you what to say ?)

www.law.harvard.edu...

www.mitpressjournals.org... ws.2006.8.3.102?cookieSet=1&journalCode=jcws

www.cwis.org...

I hope you Chinese realise that the more you argue the more attraction you are drawing to China's abuse of human rights ?

I'd like to thank you all for giving us such a rare opportunity to debate these points which the Chinese Government is usually silent upon.

The Tibetan Government in Exile could never afford to buy all this free publicity, so thanks a bunch.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Funny that. You call them compatriots. The PLA call Tibetans the enemy.

And the PRC is the enemy of the ROC

The Liberals are the enemy of the Labour party.

The Union was the enemy of the confederation.

Simple really. They were in a armed struggle with the CIA trained tibetan army

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Here ya go Chinawhite... the link, and just because a pro-Tibetan site has a copy of it does not mean it is not true. It appears there in the same word and form as every other book I have looked it up in.

www.tibet.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes and obviously you're so well informed you've never heard of it ?

I guess I haven't

Oh, was that your source???

I just told you what NOT to post as a source and you go ahead and post it anyway

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

tibetan is the ethnic name, while Chinese is the nationality. simple and plain. dont show a low level of understanding.

No, Chinese is the name of ethnically and linguistically distinct Nazi like invaders.

Tibet is the name of the Country which China invaded in 1949.

Tibetans are Ethnically related to the Burmese and have a spoken language totally unlike yours.

Tibetans have their own language, culture and religion, but hey thanks for sharing with us how little you know.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Here ya go Chinawhite... the link, and just because a pro-Tibetan site has a copy of it does not mean it is not true. It appears there in the same word and form as every other book I have looked it up in.

You did not provide proof of what I am asking

You provided a report to the ICJ a human rights activist site. Which does not provide proof but a bunch of accusations which have no merit when there is no proof

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You told me ?

are you ordering me now what to do ?

Oh, was that your source???

I just told you what NOT to post as a source and you go ahead and post it anyway

Sorry buddy. I live in a democracy. We don't take orders from communists
Besides I don't have the postage nor an address to mail you the documents, nor the inclination.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Dalai cant afford of course even himself need the green papers. LOL....

everyone know who is the boss of Dalai.

the more we debate, the less you could provide beside the several anti-China webs.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You're right about the education and attention. I was going back through a couple of threads and was amazed at all we have dug up.

I have my doubts that our links are being read, maybe because they can not be accessed by some of our friends here or the singlemindedness just will not allow for them to hit that link.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Oh its 1949 now?????

Cant even get your dates right

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No, Chinese is the name of ethnically and linguistically distinct Nazi like invaders.

Tibetans are Ethnically related to the Burmese and have a spoken language totally unlike yours.

Tibetans have their own language, culture and religion, but hey thanks for sharing with us how little you know.

dont showcase your ignorance baby.
to argue with a person with a such little knowledge of Politics and history really waste time.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join