It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Tibetans Shot dead are now starting to come out of Tibet...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ATS Folks: I simply had to come here and post this after so much sadness that has come to the Tibetan People for more than 50 years, especially in the last few days. What drives me to come back here even more is what I see here on ATS, Chinese who back their gov't knowing the atrocities the gov't has committed and still keep on committing.

The link here shows Tibetans who were shot to death by Chinese authorities in Ngaba, Amdo region.

www.phayul.com...

Please keep in mind that this is not the Major Protest that took place in Lhasa were Chinese Paramilitary with many of its tanks were deployed and sealed off the city. News Media not being allowed to enter to investigate DOES tell that China is hiding a major issue. The news that are coming from Tibet to relatives in India tells of many, much more 100 + Tibetans that were killed as Chinese military shoot to kill Protesters. The photo above is of Ngaba, Amdo, Heaven knows what the death toll is in Lhasa.

The protest doesn't seem to end as each day, there are numerous count of Protest taking place through out Tibet and in China. Yet, the Chinese Communist Party continues to blame our beloved His Holiness Kundun (Dalai Lama). CCP and those Chinese who have never heard of Tibet or have heard and know what is going on but still are not willing to see the frustration and resentment that Tibetans have been carrying in their heart for more than 50 years. The world has truly come to this type of brutal oppression is beyond my comprehension. With this thread, as in the past, here on ATS, I expect to get flamed by many Chinese who are Pro China as I stand up against these brutal oppression on my Tibetan. As in Past, I expect to get bombarded with many accusations, what ever that might be. My belief in my peoples just cause for freedom will forever remain unshakened.

Please pray for those Tibetans killed and those that will be arrested, tortured and killed simply because they demanded Freedom. It is deep DESIRE that we the Human beings will always crave for and will ultimately give up everything to gain freedom. It is what makes us human and with great sadness, there are those gov't and people that will do what ever means necessary to persecute these freedom loving people.

Om Mani Pedme Hung....

I Pray for my fellow Tibetans inside and outside, our struggle and solidaritywill never come to an end. One day the world will come to Help.

Warning Graphic image (pictures smuggled out of Bhoe or Tibet)

aycu22.webshots.com...
aycu33.webshots.com...
aycu22.webshots.com...
aycu33.webshots.com...
aycu27.webshots.com...
aycu15.webshots.com...
aycu38.webshots.com...
aycu25.webshots.com...
aycu19.webshots.com...
aycu09.webshots.com...
aycu33.webshots.com...
aycu18.webshots.com...

One World One Dream Free Tibet

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Himalayan]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Himalayan
our beloved His Holiness Kundun (Dalai Lama).

Bias much?. His Holiness?

They are called RUBBER bullets.

And Police have every right to use force especially when they are targeted by knife wielding, Molotov cocktail throwing bandits. I dont know of any police force which would have responded differently if the rioters had lethal force

www.police-brutality.net...

Israeli doctors warn against rubber bullets

Rubber bullets were used for the first time by British forces in Northern Ireland in 1970. They were intended to inflict superficial, painful injuries, deterring demonstrators from further action but avoiding the risk of serious injury and death associated with conventional bullets.

However, a retrospective study of 595 casualties admitted to hospitals in Israel during demonstrations by Israeli Arabs in October 2002 showed that rubber bullets result in severe injury and death in "a substantial number of people."

Analysis of medical records for 151 casualties with injuries proved to be caused by rubber bullets showed that 61% had blunt injuries and 39% had penetrating injuries. Two people died after penetrating ocular injuries into the brain and one died as a result of postoperative aspiration after a knee injury (Lancet 2002;359:1795-800).

More than half the people whose records were analysed had injuries to the head, face, chest, back, and abdomen. Resistance of the body surface at the point of impact was the most important factor in determining the severity of an injury and whether it was blunt or penetrating.

The researchers, who included the chief physician of the Israeli Police Force, concluded: "Inaccuracy of rubber bullets and improper aiming and range of use resulted in severe injury and death in a substantial number of people. This ammunition should therefore not be considered a safe method of crowd control."

Link

Similar situation in Australia. These guys have Molotov cocktails and the Chinese media is reporting lots of burns to Chinese police officers. They like any other security staff have every right to defend themselves

Police officer kills knife attacker in street

A senior police officer shot dead a man in Sydney's south late yesterday after trying to stop a knife attack on a busy shopping strip.

Police said the shooting occurred just after 3pm on Belmore Road in Riverwood when the officer, an inspector, tried to stop the man, aged in his early 30s, as he stabbed another man.

Separate investigations by the independent critical incident team, local detectives and the coroner were under way last night.

Superintendent Denis Clifford said: "The officer was returning back to the station, from a routine job when he chanced upon the fight. He attempted to intervene between the two men, one of whom was holding a knife.

"He asked the man to put down his knife. The officer called on the man to drop the knife, the person refused to do so and the officer discharged his firearm."

www.smh.com.au...

One World One Dream Free Tibet

Your slogan is a rip off of the Beijing one

[edit on 19-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I bump for the OP.

It is interesting to see Chinese people coming onto ATS in order to propagandize the issues with Tibet. It's well known, worldwide, that China doesn't have much legitimate claim on Tibet.

I must wonder if this will effect the 2008 Olympics, considering the strong stance in favor of Tibet amongst many people.

I think more information is needed, both from people involved as well as people who have experienced the past transgressions against Tibet instigated by China.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
hmmm... you people have such a simplistic outlook on this whole thing. most of you really have no idea what you are talking about. i am an american student in sichuan province of china. i have lived in china for over five years and i have traveled to tibet several times over the past couple of years.

based upon my experience of ACTUALLY BEING IN TIBET, tibetans are not mistreated by the chinese. tibetan culture is alive and well and the government has taken great steps to preserve it as the entire economy of tibet is based on tourism. tourists (including myself) go to tibet to experience tibetan culture.

according to people i know that were ACTUALLY THERE when it happened, the city of lhasa was pretty much totally in flames by the time the chinese police could react. tibetans were smashing the windows out of chinese shops, stealing their money, and setting the buildings on fire. several chinese, including women and children were killed during the initial riots. in short, it was not a non-violent protest as those usually dont include burning and looting. what were the police supposed to do in that situation, tickle them into subservience?

if you think that the dalai-llama has no political or personal agenda, then you are simply naive. buddhism is big business throughout asia, the temples in china (yes, there are active buddhist temples throughout mainland china) and taiwan rake in millions of dollars each month. i personally know monks that cruise around sichuan in BMWs chatting on their mobile phones.

im not condemning buddhism or trying to get involved in a political debate. im just stating that a lot of you seem to be blinded by your idealism about a religion and a nation that you barely understand (i admit to being in that same boat before i came here).

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
ikaruga: naive? us? me?

Being a Refugee Tibetan and having relatives in Tibet, i know what i'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Himalayan
ikaruga: naive? us? me?

Being a Refugee Tibetan and having relatives in Tibet, i know what i'm talking about.

So, you dare not go back to Tibet to know what happened there?
You must already have firm prejudice and we can not just listen to you and believe all.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Complete innocence for one side and complete guilt for the other side? I doubt that. Such has never been true among men. All things are prospective, and the eye and mind are deceivers.

If knowledge is to be found, as opposed to preconceived positions, then the middle ground will need to be found and defended.

Sadly, few men have the moral courage to take a position less than being totally extreme.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You must already have firm prejudice and we can not just listen to you and believe all.

The whole world is wrong except China, is that the story ?

If everyone else is wrong then why do you need a firewall ?
What is China so afraid of that it needs a firewall ?
And if China isn't afraid why does it need armed riot police ?
More importantly how come these guys get around a firewall to post on ATS?

newsfeedresearcher.com...

www.truveo.com...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

new topics

top topics

join