It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? I think not! Movies foreshadowing events to come?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Masons with their knowledge of occult symbology/numerology dominate the TV, movie, and music industries. This post will only scrape the surface of this subject, but suffice to say, the majority of household celebrity names have either been Masons themselves or were directed/produced/had lyrics written by Masons. James Cameron and Walt Disey (Touchstone) are/were 33rd degree. Many big directors like Jerry Bruckheimer, George Lucas, Steven Speilburg, and Tim Burton repeatedly show Masonic imagery in their films. Paramount, Tristar, Columbia, Orion, Icon, Lion’s Gate, DreamWorks, and 20th Century Fox all have Masonic/occult symbolism in their logos. The founder of Paramount, Hollywood’s very first director, was a Mason.

Rocks, Stones and Hammers are a few of the more obvious symbols used constantly by the Stone Masons. Masons have their drinks “on the rocks” and catch you “between a rock and a hard place.” You’re just “a stone’s throw away” and “kill two birds with one stone.” Masonry is a fraternal organization with secrets passed from fathers onto sons, hence “a chip off the old block.” The old block is the father Master Mason and the chip is the son apprentice-level.

There is M.C. “Hammer,” Kid “Rock,” Chris "Rock," the wrestler, "The Rock," and "Stone" Cold Steve Austin. Sylvester Stallone plays “Rock-y.” The Rockefellers, Rocawear, Chevy trucks are built “like a Rock.” Blockbuster Video, Rolling Stone Magazine, Rolling Rock beer, Hard Rock Café, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 30 Rock, Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rocket Man, The Rocketeer, Masonic NASA Rock-ets, the Rockettes, Military Rockets, get your Rocks off, you Rock, think of the macabre lyrics to Rock-a-bye-baby, and you've Hit Rock bottom. Oliver Stone, Sharon Stone, Romancing the Stone, the Family Stone, the Flintstones, Blackstone, Firestone, Sword in the Stone, the Philosophers Stone, Stone-faced, Stonewall Jackson, Stoned, Stoning, Stoner. The amount of pop culture ideas/references using just the obvious Masonic Rock and Stone symbolosim is abundant.

“Between a rock and a hard place” is one of many Masonic phrases said in “The Rock” with 33rd degree Mason Sean Connery who played a character named Mason. Nicholas Cage played alongside Connery in The Rock and later Cage starred in National Treasure, another movie also about Masonry. His father in the movie was Jon Voigt. In real life, Jon Voigt is the father of Angelina Jolie who in real life is a member of the CFR and the UN – two Masonic/Illuminati creations. In the movie Tomb Raider 2, however, Jolie plays a role in which she defeats the Illuminati featuring a scene at the capstone of a pyramid.

This is why these movies are "Blockbusters." What's a Blockbuster? A Stone Mason. What do the Mason's do? They make the "Hits." Hit is what a hammer does to a rock, but it's also what their sponsored celebrities create for our entrainment pleasure - Hits, Hot Hits, Top Hits. When they kill people like JFK, it's called a "hit." They just made the movie "Hitman."

[edit on 20-3-2008 by freight tomsen]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Don't forget pre 9/11 terrist/martial law/ "The Seige" With it's allusions to CIA training of Osama's Freedom Fighters CIA dirty dealings etc...FBI hero denzel saves the day

Is Denzel a Mason? What about Tony Shalhoub ?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by freight tomsen
Rocks, Stones and Hammers are a few of the more obvious symbols used constantly by the Stone Masons. Masons have their drinks “on the rocks” and catch you “between a rock and a hard place.” You’re just “a stone’s throw away” and “kill two birds with one stone.” Masonry is a fraternal organization with secrets passed from fathers onto sons, hence “a chip off the old block.” The old block is the father Master Mason and the chip is the son apprentice-level.

There is M.C. “Hammer,” Kid “Rock,” Chris "Rock," the wrestler, "The Rock," and "Stone" Cold Steve Austin. Sylvester Stallone plays “Rock-y.” The Rockefellers, Rocawear, Chevy trucks are built “like a Rock.” Blockbuster Video, Rolling Stone Magazine, Rolling Rock beer, Hard Rock Café, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 30 Rock, Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rocket Man, The Rocketeer, Masonic NASA Rock-ets, the Rockettes, Military Rockets, get your Rocks off, you Rock, think of the macabre lyrics to Rock-a-bye-baby, and you've Hit Rock bottom. Oliver Stone, Sharon Stone, Romancing the Stone, the Family Stone, the Flintstones, Blackstone, Firestone, Sword in the Stone, the Philosophers Stone, Stone-faced, Stonewall Jackson, Stoned, Stoning, Stoner. The amount of pop culture ideas/references using just the obvious Masonic Rock and Stone symbolosim is abundant.

This is why these movies are "Blockbusters." What's a Blockbuster? A Stone Mason. What do the Mason's do? They make the "Hits." Hit is what a hammer does to a rock, but it's also what their sponsored celebrities create for our entrainment pleasure - Hits, Hot Hits, Top Hits. When they kill people like JFK, it's called a "hit." They just made the movie "Hitman."

[edit on 20-3-2008 by freight tomsen]

I'm sorry, but you need to seek professional help.

Oh, and I'm gonna assume that a blockbuster means a line around the block, hence "busting the block"

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a prime example of what happens when a conspiracy theorist throws reality out of the window and tries to find links between the conspiracy and something that bothers them, to try to prove the two are linked.

As we can see, all that happens is the conspiracy theorist's theory looks bonkers compared to what we know about the world.

The masons are less powerful than most country clubs, for crying out loud, yet no-one talks about the insidious nature of country clubs.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm afraid to burst your bubble 420, but what I'm writing is just the tip of the iceburg. Take some time perusing these other "wackos" and their paranoid research:

www.thebravenewworldorder.com...

labyrinthofthepsychonaut.blogspot.com...

peeringthrough.blogspot.com...

The masons have a bit more influence than you've been led to believe.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I also wanted to add the movie 'Executive Decision' which was the very first time I heard about using a plane as a weapon, and part of the plot was to crash it into the white house and release a deadly nerve gas.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The film industry is a business and success depends on getting the public to pay to see their work. Picking a subject that's prominent in the public mind at the time is a reliable way of getting you to part with cash to see their offerings and the cash is all they're after, enough to recover costs and register a profit for the investors.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar

I also wanted to add the movie 'Executive Decision' which was the very first time I heard about using a plane as a weapon, and part of the plot was to crash it into the white house and release a deadly nerve gas.

Also, Kurt Russell from Executive Decision plays one-eyed "Snake" in Escape from New York. In that movie you have the character "Snake on a Plane" and he flies to the top of the World Trade Center!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar

In literature (fiction), Tom Clancy has been quite prophetic... It's almost eerie. "The Sum of all Fears" was a really scary and suspense-filled book, the movie did it little justice. He also has crashed a Japanese 747 into the Capitol while in session, wreaking havoc on the US command structure. That was the first book that popped into my head on hearing of the Pentagon attack on 911.

Clancy has his stories rooted in all things military and political, with undertones of intel and special ops. He is well liked by DoD, so I'm sure that he was spoon-fed what DoD wanted the public to know when his books were written.

I shudder to think what would happen if some of my favorite books were to become reality, or even movies!

Orwell was already mentioned in the thread- I consider him a master, not just for 1984. The man had a grasp on human nature that many are not insightful enough to spot on their own. Some of us are MORE equal, I guess.

I think that Orson Scott Card, of the "Ender" series, is another author that explores the not-too distant future. Card finds the Earth in a fledgeling bid for the stars when a colony is attacked by an "evil" alien race. Of course the Earth unites as a singular government, coined the "hegemony" to battle this (obvious) threat to our species. Card does an excellent job of telling this complicated story from nearly all perspectives spanning several books. He also is very interested in the "goings-on" in world politics, and eventually interstellar politics.

I said before, just read Heinlein. The Dean of Science Fiction. He wrote of "Rational Anarchists" and Libertarian ideals in "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" (This is my favorite novel by far above all else). A revolt on the Moon (a prison colony in 2075), overpopulation and famine on Earth, a self-aware computer... Yeah, this one's the big daddy- it's got it all. Too bad Hollywood hasn't butchered this one yet! They should title it "The Brass Cannon", Heinlein's original title for the book.

Of course there are a ton of authors that I haven't mentioned, but this was initially a "prophetic movie" thread. I don't want to digress TOO much.

[edit on 21/3/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
24 is another prime example if that hasn't been mentioned yet. People love that show yet all it does is fear monger and make you think that torture is ok, because when you only have seconds to make a decision you have to take action. The real world is not like this and there are no terrorists constantly attacking America. And its not because "we're keeping the battle over there" or that "Bush's new laws and strategies are working." All the problems in our world today are over religion, yet SO many American movies are religiously influenced. The Passion for one. The Matrix, namely the second and third ones. Basically every movie and TV show paints middle eastern people to be evil and its mainly Christians and Jews watching these movies, who in turn get warped perceptions.

To stay on topic, other examples of movies about NWO plans or things predicted to happen in the years to come:
Gattaca
The Day After Tomorrow
Jericho (TV show)
Volcano/Dante's Peak
Deep Impact/Armageddon

Sometimes I think they are making the really obvious ones purposely terrible movies to diminish credibility.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think actors In The Know are Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Nic Cage and Jon Voight.
I'm sure there are a few more

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well there is always the classic Fahenheit 451: In ear radios and interactive TV's...iPods and the internet today and while not being burnt isn't Huck Finn banned in every school now because of N* Jim (can't even state the name of a central character of a classic book here on ATS).

In the Planet of the Apes series people began having apes as pets/servents because all the cats and dogs mysteriously died, which was scary close to the pet food poisoning scare.

Orwell's Animal Farm was mentioned but the changing of well established and understood laws like of say the Second Ammendment which could happen pending outcome of the Supreme Court only goes to show that some animals are more equal than others. Too bad too many are like Clover.

Logan's Run, while being quite a bit away from palm lights and manditory euthanasia at a certian age...with the collapsing dollar, Social Security soon to be bankrupt and an 11 trillion national debt really how long before some elected pantload thinks this would be a good idea?

Huxley's A Brave New World...(best for last) some would say we are already here just not to that extreme. While far from the utopia and caste systems of the book (expect India) the hedonism, focus on constaint happiness/fitting in vs. individualism is here as well the rampant spend and trash consumerism ("we are a throw away society'). The false idea that our career is who we are is fairly prevelant today as well. As for the soma well there is salvia

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Although it does sound possible, Ive notice in the past that when one movie subject come out to the theaters, other, lower budget ones come out after.

Example 1. The Abyss then Leviathon, then Deep Star Six
2. Platoon, Hamburger Hill
3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Narnia,
4. Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead (new version)

I find that when one movie becomes a box office hit, other producers tend to follow the same suit and hope to cash in on the same genre.

Although you are correct on several levels- its a bit more complicated than that.

Genera films are planned, filmed and canned sometimes years before (2 to 3 years in some cases) and are scheduled to be released during genre popularity phases. Most studios, agencies and several independents are years ahead of the game and often decide what will be popular and when.

People have no idea how powerfully corrupt, controlling and influential the entertainment industry is. Public "popularity" has little influence with how genre films are released. There are always canned products to cash in on public appeal or a flash market drive- this doesn't mean the genre is hot!

There was an enormous glut in the B-movie market in the late 1980's and early 1990's and there are literally tens of thousands of films which have never been released and are sitting in categories waiting to be cashed in on during sudden market changes. Often these films are re-edited and scenes added with "newer" stars for marketing purposes. Its is a process known as "tuppering" (an insider studio term) which is derived from Tupperware.

Believe it or not- big studio productions (tent pole projects) are not designed to start a trend at all- these huge movies have many reasons for being released and often it has nothing to do with anything more than spending huge surplus cash reserves for tax purposes.

Many staffed writers are privy to information you would not and could not believe, which are completely true and some of the projects are designed to take the "sting" out of the reality of the subject matter- yes they are specifically designed to desensitize the public.

Originally posted by Alxandro
I think actors In The Know are Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Nic Cage and Jon Voight.
I'm sure there are a few more

Not even remotely close! Actors who are really in the know are:

Clint Eastwood
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Michelle Pfieffer
Warren Beatty
Bob Balaban
Bill Murray

There are more, but not many. There is a very small, powerful circle of actors who can do anything they want forever- and they will never talk!

[edit on 21-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I just watched fight club again and strangely it fits with much of this, secret brotherhood plans to bring down civilization. On the surface it looks like a film about rebelion a- feel good acid trip.

but when you zoom out the males are [before they start bashing each others heads in] weak, indecisive, feminized[hugging and crying] and obsessed with their tiny little lives and sometimes imbarassingly and uncomfortably "close" the book gets a tiny bit more graphic in that department but the movie spends a puzzling amount of time on marla and tyler's tryst- and the lead female role is almost the perfect hermaphrodite girl who looks so much like a boy its weird.

then when you zoom out further to see the other things brad pitt has done other than marrying angelina [i tongue kiss my family] jolie who is a UN goodwill ambassador- what a joke, everywhere the un goes aids filled vaccines and war are soon to follow.

this stuff is getting pretty obvious now, a lady knocking on your door asking you to come to her church is nothing compared to a loosly associated network of psycopaths who have a religion that worships the opposite of everything everybody else worships- when clusterbomblets were scattered all over southern lebanon, the un and their earth lovers should have gone ape, but they didnt because they are here to maintain disorder- ordo ab chao (order through chaos)

seriously this probably sounds nuts to some people but dude, think about it- what is Holly-Wood anyway? its the wood that is not native to california that is used to make magic wands. just start there- dont go to conspiracy sites, go to sites selling wands, google the terms they use "he who must not be named" not everybody using this terminology knows what it means but three strikes and yer out!

the chick from the south side- pax

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have this wrist watch that I haven't worn in years. Recently, I brought it with me and bought a new battery.

I set the time. Later, I was waiting in the car whilst my significant other and step-daughter were waiting for a prescription at a pharmacy.

I noticed that although the time was right, the day feature was 9 days off.
so I pulled the little winding pin and started turning. It seemed inreasonably stiff, and so small, I was having trouble with it. I took my time, but my fingers were just slipping through the rotation attempts.
It took me about 20 minutes to get it around 4 times (two days). I kept at it, but suddenly, the knob broke off, and that was that.

It's been sitting on my desk since, approx. 2 weeks. It runs, but is not set.

After reading the post about all the movie referrences and pans 9 11 this 911 that, I looked down at my still ticking watch, and...you guessed it...the big hand (hour hand actually shorter) on the 9, the Minute hand on the 11, showing 9:55. or, 911

All week I have been checking time and 2:22 at least 4 times this week. (usually it is 1:11 or 4:44.) I did have one 4:44 this week.

The other thing, right before i looked at my watch, I was thinking about old movies. What came to mind were:
Something wicked this way comes,
and
The Belles of St. Claires....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join