It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? I think not! Movies foreshadowing events to come?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree

there has to be some set of people holding down on us. because based on experience, people do make up reasons to get what they want. With the invention of numbers into time and money, you made the game even funner for you and easier for them to get (or understand) to it.

evil started somewhere...but where?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

"A Scanner Darkly" was penned by the same futurist and visionary behind "BladeRunner", Philip K. Dick. I also highly recommend the book version of both above the movies, but that goes without saying I suppose. Everything I have read of his so far has been 100% worth the time.

I'm also very partial to Heinlein, as I think should be obvious. His "Starship Troopers" may not have the best acting in movie form, but does accurately portray a man vs. alien scenario. Heinlein attempts this confrontation in a different manner in "The Puppet Masters", albeit with a slightly more "USA" centralized government structure.

I just hope he was wrong about the moon.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have not read any books and only seen one movie in the Harry Potter Series and I think it was the last one in which the headmaster makes a bunch of new rules or "laws" and the kids end up meeting in secret kinda forming there own militia and end up overthrowing the evil headmaster now thats not really from the past and I am not too sure how the other movies or books go but I thought it was totally applicable to our current situation.

since I have no knowledge other than that movie what do you potter fans think on my interpretation? is that motif present in any other books/films?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

I also understand that there was a TV movie on F/X or FOX called "(The?) Lone Gunman" -- not the series -- a TV movie, depicting the exact scenarios of 911, not long prior to 911. Try to find that movie now.

Also -- there is supposedly another called "Oil Storm", which was supposedly about a massive hurricane hitting N.O.L.A. area... of course again, not long before it actually happened. Some claim HAARP is able to be used to aid/create weather/storms. Try to find that movie now.

That's 2 of the top likely 3 to come to fruition from the (2000?) Disaster Preparedness Guide/Study... whatever the heck it's called... the one that had the Twin Towers on the cover in crosshairs... the 3rd was listed as a massive quake in CA... maybe even more massive... super-volcano in Yellowstone... watch for one of those or something worse... on a TV near you soon!

[edit on 3/19/2008 by RabbitChaser]

[edit on 3/19/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just a few more movies I haven't seen listed:

V for Vendetta [the struggle against big brother]
The 5th Element [ongoing galactic conflict]
The Mummy movies [Ancient Egypt, and what did they really know]
Stargate [Ancient Alien technology and conflict]
Outbreak [Ebola plague]
12 Monkeys [man made plague]
Men in Black I & II [alien conflict]
Deep Impact [Extinction Level Event]
Mission to Mars

Spiderman had to be rewritten and reshot because of 9/11, Spiderman apparently caught a terrorist plane in a web between the WTC towers.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Spiderman had to be rewritten and reshot because of 9/11, Spiderman apparently caught a terrorist plane in a web between the WTC towers.

It was actually a helicopter that he stopped and it was the opening scene of the movie. They robbed a bank and were getting away with all the money via a chopper Spiderman webbed the chopper and it spinned all crazy then just stopped flying then it just stopped moving and when they zoom out the chopper is caught in a web in between the two towers and from far it looks like a bug on a web trying to get away(the rotors trying to spin is whats moving it).

Just thought Id clear that up it was not a plane. Also the movie was rewritten and reshot because the movie showed the towers alot so Ive heard and it was right around 9/11 the movie was coming out so they didnt want to keep reminded people of the horrors of that day.

Thanks.

Oh heres a link:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would agree that movies, more often than not, have some deeper truth to it which reflects whats going on. (the thought or future as projected from mass consciousness.)

After all, everything is a shadow of the other.
"As below, so above".
"Nothing new under the sun"
"What comes around goes around"

- say enough of these and a point might come across, getting past the hurdle of getting lost in 'words' and their potentially limited meanings.

But definitely movies are not isolated within themselves, excluded to what is going on and perhaps will go on...or to project an agenda.

Dont know about this collective conscious, I think Ill start my own...
"Im the seizure in the mind of 'God'" or "spice of life"

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Just a few more movies I haven't seen listed:

V for Vendetta [the struggle against big brother]
The 5th Element [ongoing galactic conflict]
The Mummy movies [Ancient Egypt, and what did they really know]
Stargate [Ancient Alien technology and conflict]
Outbreak [Ebola plague]
12 Monkeys [man made plague]
Men in Black I & II [alien conflict]
Deep Impact [Extinction Level Event]
Mission to Mars

Good list.

I would add Gattaca (struggle against big brother and genetic engineering )

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Actually, just for clarification, I Am Legend was a book written in 1959 and the story originally takes place between 1975-79 in Los Angeles. The movies mentioned in a previous post, i.e. Omega Man etc... were the original screen adaptations of I Am Legend; the version with Will Smith is only the latest update (modernization) of the story, so I don't really think it is relevant to this topic (IMHO). As far the other mentions, I agree that it's mainly just a cash cow for the hollywood execs. (not that it couldn't be foreshadowing)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just had to throw in my 2 favorite movies that could foretell the future:

Demolition man – the future is a police state, anything bad is illegal.

Equilibrium – total government domination over everything you do via drugging the population.

Edited to add, The Day After Tomorrow.

[edit on 3/19/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm reading about the law of attraction at the moment and am wondering if some of the movies that are produced are done so for a reason i.e. let the masses visualise what we want them to and also drive-home the negative/fear.

Has anybody else noticed the lack of positive or funny movies out at the moment or in the last few years, apart from the animated/CGI kind. I dunno about the rest of you, but Halloween scares the bejaysus out of me!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A lot of movies and books have held the same end of the world scenario for decades.

One movie/book I did find a little scary was The Mist. Mainly because it is about a government project that was trying to create blackholes all while opening up different dimensions. When in reality, scientist have actually just found a new way to open up little blackholes.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Off topic, but somebody was mentioning these horrible horrible knockoffs from The Asylum Video. They are called "Mockbusters"

There are a whole bunch, they come out like a month before the real movies made.

So far they did:
Alien vs Hunter
Da Vinci Treasure
Snakes on a Train
I am Omega
Pirates of Treasure Island
Hillside Cannibals
When a Killer Calls
H.G. Wells War of the Worlds
9/11 Commission Report
Dragon
Transmorphers
Universal Soldiers
30,000 Leagues under the Sea
Monster
The Hitchhiker
100 Million B.C.

Figure out what movies they were trying to rip off. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If you pull up fox news and put escape hood into the search engine it will give you a story about a new biohazard hood that F.B.I. and government officials are going to be using. The interisting part about this story is that the government scientist says directley that it is incase of a 28 days later or I am ledgend type attack.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey dg, how about the new movie "Jumper"?

I can't wait until I can jump. I heard we are going to be able to do this someday.

I saw it, and the plot is really poor. But the idea behind jumping was cool.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I sat down and watched I am Legend for the first time last night and what struck me more than the usual 'world is going to/has already ended' plot line was the scenes of martial law being brought into effect on a large population (NY city).

To me this is the real conditioning right here, we see images of people horded into holding bays which are florescent lit and barb wired, scanned using retinal technology (which I'm sure is in the midst of becoming mainstream) and then allowed to pass onto sanction depending on the RED or GREEN light showing on the results of the scan. Throughout this process you will notice the complete submission and cooperation of the sheeple population, as if to say to the audience 'this is treatment is ok, if you find this happening to you and your family sometime in the near future just act like these passive morons..')

Over the top plot lines aside, I think movies showing and therefore dilluting the reality of martial law and population control is definately an agenda movie makers are trying to get across.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Considering that just about anything imaginable has now been turned into a movie or show, it's not surprising that we're seeing things happen that have already been thought of.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
For many years now life has been immitating art, and its eery how some old time writers somehow foresaw our future (now) in their writings and movies. Or just plain books.

Example: 1984- George Orwell

Can anyone add to the list? I know there are many more prophetic books or movies.

Kubrick's "Clockwork Orange". Drug crazed hyperviolent youth in a supposedly "civilized" environment. There is a big difference tho. Towards the end of the movie, a thug kid is rehabbed by being force fed violent images. It changed him somewhat. Some of today's American youth are dyed in the wool careless hating frustrated ignorant beings who live, breathe and act out violence.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Two words: The Happening.

www.thehappeningmovie.com...

Chaz.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
In my opinion, the movie that comes closest to hitting the nail on the head as to our present situation is the 1968 made-for-tv movie "Shadow on the Land".
Here is the IMDB link to it:
www.imdb.com...

Unfortunately, you won't find it anywhere anymore. If you want to believe in conspiracies, then ask why it is impossible to get a copy of it to this day.
I have seen several sites on the internet that state that this is the most sought-after movie.

I saw the movie on TV when it came out. I still remember it vividly to this day, and it is absolutely scary.
It presents an America that is being run by an ultra-conservative Fascist administration that is piece by piece dismantling the United States Constitution, and that uses a US Internal Security agency (Homeland Security?) to foster hatred against groups of people. It uses "false flag" operations and blames it on the underground freedom fighters.
People are not allowed to travel within the US without a security passport. The President of the country is given wide-ranging powers by Congress because of a false flag operation blamed on the freedom fighters(Patriot Act?).
Please check out the link and read the viewer comments. It is VERY instructive.
By the way, the director, Richard Sarafian, was blackballed for quite a while. The movie had an all-star cast, including Gene Hackman, Jackie Cooper, John Forsythe, and Carol Linley.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join