It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? I think not! Movies foreshadowing events to come?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed lately the movies that have been coming out, most of which are about the government, or man inventing a virus that ends up being what obliterates human kind?

Is it just me or is this a good example of the collective subconscious?

what do you guys think? Coincidence? or foreshadowing events to come?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Although it does sound possible, Ive notice in the past that when one movie subject come out to the theaters, other, lower budget ones come out after.

Example 1. The Abyss then Leviathon, then Deep Star Six
2. Platoon, Hamburger Hill
3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Narnia,
4. Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead (new version)

I find that when one movie becomes a box office hit, other producers tend to follow the same suit and hope to cash in on the same genre.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
interesting point!
I just got done watching I am legend and the possibility of some virus being made that spreads fast does not seem to far fetched. And then the other movies that are coming out with the same ideas, made me think a little.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowtoc

If the genre is a hit then it becomes the latest cash cow for Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hollywood largely gives the people what they want. And right now NWO and Government corruption is king.

Just tonight Jericho tackled Martial Law and rebellion.

Its hot on peoples minds right now, whether they believe it or not.

Maybe Google listening in on our computer microphones has something to do with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Resident evil and dawn of the dead!!!? You can't realy compare the crap of resident evil with the brilliance of Dawn of the dead? Resident evil was an unintended comedy!!! She drove a harley up the side of a wall for christ's sake.
But heres a good one. Alien vs hunter. AVP RSQs...d or something or another who cares Micheal bay will probbably ruin it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
For many years now life has been immitating art, and its eery how some old time writers somehow foresaw our future (now) in their writings and movies. Or just plain books.

Example: 1984- George Orwell

Can anyone add to the list? I know there are many more prophetic books or movies.

xul

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Although it does sound possible, Ive notice in the past that when one movie subject come out to the theaters, other, lower budget ones come out after.

Example 1. The Abyss then Leviathon, then Deep Star Six
2. Platoon, Hamburger Hill
3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Narnia,
4. Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead (new version)

Add to the list:
Transformers - Transmorphers
War of the worlds - War of the worlds, both released in 2005.
There is also a King Kong z-movie version released at the same time as the theatrical one, but can't remember the title.
Just a few examples.. if you reasearch this a bit more the list you'll end with will be huuuuge.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lowtoc

I am legend is not really a new concept. Watch Omega Man with Charlton Heston or "The Last Man on Earth" from 1964, it is more or less the same movie. I am Legend is just another example of Hollywood recycling old movies for new money.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Let's not forget the welfare version of the Transformers....."Go-bots"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Watch Omega Man with Charlton Heston

Exactly....that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailers and heard a synopsis.

"Omega Man" was a creepy film.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
it seems like most movies are end of the world type movies.

Why do we enjoy and pay $10 to watch humanity come to an end?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you consider the number of events happening on the global, or even national, stage at the moment, then consider the number of movies created each year, I'd be surprised if a movie didn't hit the nail on the head every once-in-a-while. It's just statistically probable, that's all.

Reading into it too much is dangerous, as it implies one can accurately predict the future of humanity from movies. Which is going to be wildly inaccurate at best.

Hollywood is one of the most talent-devoid movie industries on the planet. The writers cull every piece of fiction they can get their hands on for "inspiration" for a new movie/TV show. They recycle abominations like it's a good thing to do, and then charge us through the nose to go sit through a re-hashing.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
it seems like most movies are end of the world type movies.

Why do we enjoy and pay $10 to watch humanity come to an end?

You will thank Hollywood for teaching you how to kill zombies with LP's, how to do a J-Turn in a Jeep and the correct way to use uzi's while jumping through the air when it happens for real

[edit on 19-3-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
you could throw "Brazil" on the list dgtempe.

it somewhat similar to 1984 but a little more subtle IMHO

hopefully C.H.U.D.s never makes it on the list lol!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
THX 1138 was a surprisingly good one as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

hopefully C.H.U.D.s never makes it on the list lol!

or Spice world for that matter! ......Crap! Too late!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I forgot to mention "A Scanner Darkly" an excellent film IMO that is very prophetic it just seems so mind boggling to think back on all the literature and films I have seen that kinda follow that "meme"

"children of men" is a interesting movie there wasnt much media talk (atleast i dont think there was im honestly not the most up to date E tv watching robot) its focus wasnt on that there was some man made virus but that in general society stopped producing (trying to not give to much away) and a martial law big brother police state prison camp scenario comes about I recommend it to anyone who likes this thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Movies foreshadowing events to come, could be use to give us the beliefs,
that it could happen. to prepar population to accept the unbelievable, to
install the possibility in our mind ( like a MKULTRA strategy ) to more
easely do their strategic stages without to much rebellions against authority

( i think there will be multiple stages, like ww3, virus epidemic, natural
man made desaster, a world wide economic CRASH etc. ) all to Exhausted,
world population to accept, their final goal, of a New World Order Agenda, a One
World Government.

Achilles13

Aldous Huxley Brave New World

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know, Hollywood is run by the Masons. The first Hollywood director/co-founder of Paramount Pictures was a Mason. Walt Disney/Touchstone was a Mason, James Cameron, Jerry Bruckheimer, George Lucas, and Gene Roddenberry are/were all Masons. Stephen Speilburg is a Mason and Bilderberg attendee along with Rupert Murdoch of 20th Century Fox. One of the Warner Bros. was a Mason and so was Mayer of MGM.

Did you know 9/11 attacks were alluded to in several films long before 2001!? In 20th Centruy Fox’s 1988 film Die Hard the first lines are spoken on a plane about how to get over the fear of flying. One guy says what he has done for 9 years and Bruce Willis says what he has been doing for 11 years. So here we have 911, on a plane, talking about fears of flying, from a Masonic production company. In the first Die Hard, John McClane (Bruce Willis) takes on 12 terrorists in a tower; in the second movie it’s terrorists at an airport. Isn’t it interesting how in the 1988 movie we have John McClane afraid of flying, terrorists, towers, 9/11, and now in 2008 we have John McCain on a presidential fear campaign revolving around terrorists, towers, and 9/11? In 1998 we also have Bruce Willis saving the world in Masonic Disney/Touchstone’s Armegeddon. Toward the end of the movie there is a countdown which passes 9:11 minutes just as the camera pans past. In another 1998 Disney/Touchstone film, Enemy of the State, a politician played by Jon Voight has his birthday on September 11th. At first glance these synchronicities may seem like mere coincidence until you realize their Masonic significance, and Hollywood’s Masonic dominance.

In Warner Bros. 1990 film Gremlins 2 there are two reporters from channels 9 and 11 holding microphones with those numbers juxtaposed. In the 1990 Universal film Problem Child the Healeys live at house number 911. The actor in this movie, John Ritter, in real life had a baby girl, Stella Ritter born on 9/11/98, then 5 years later suddenly and suspiciously John died on 9/11/03 In the 1993 Super Mario Brothers movie the Two Towers are depicted eerily half destroyed and smoking just as they would be on 9/11/01. In the movie, the Twin Towers each have on them a large symbol of a hand holding two lightning bolts. This is the very aspect of Tarot imagery from “The Tower” card substituted by “hijacked” planes on 9/11.

In 33rd Degree Mason James Cameron and Columbia TriStar’s 1991 Terminator II, Judgement Day, there is an overpass that warns “Caution 9-11.” Later in James Cameron’s 1996 film Independence Day, there is also a countdown which just happens to pass 09:11:01 as the camera pans across. At the start of another Columbia TriStar Picture, 2000’s The 6th Day, Arnold Schwarzenegger looks at his schedule which has only two times: 9:00 and 11:00. The same year in Columbia’s The Patriot, Mel Gibson’s first words, weighing a chair, in the film, are: "9 pounds, 11 ounces, perfect." Here we have 911, the “patriotic” concept of the post-911 “Patriot Act,” a Masonic production company, a Masonic measuring device and symbol of the mystery schools, ounces or OZ (77) revenge of Lamech, and the closing word, “perfect.”

In 1997 DreamWorks’ first film, The Peacemaker, George Clooney is shot perfectly between aisle 9 and 11. In a 1997 episode of the Simpsons, Lisa holds up a magazine that reads “New York $9” with a picture of the Twin Towers after the 9 which looks like 911. In 1998’s Godzilla the camera cuts to a wrist-watch showing 8:55 with the little hand on the 9 and the big hand on the 11. In 1999’s The Thirteenth Floor a wall clock shows 11:45 with the big hand on the 9 and the little hand on the 11. In Universal/Columbia’s 1999 The Bone Collector, Denzel Washington finds a piece of paper from page 119, and the date is 11/9, November 9th. In 2000’s Traffic, a large delivery truck is shown full of boxes, and on every single box is a scorpio/scorpion symbol and the number 911.

For screen shots showing all these pre-2001 9-11's, click on the "pics" at my site: www.myspace.com/sheeplerevolt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join