It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Believe in Intelligent life on Earth????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Do Aliens believe in Intelligent life on earth or do they just see a bunch of rabid

Monkeys running around killing eachother with Machine Guns??????

[edit on 19-3-2008 by CyberTruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What do you see when you look at all lower life forms than thee? Even yourselves? Humanity can't even respect itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

There are beings on Earth that isn't convinced there is intelligent life on Earth. hehhehehheeh

And sometimes I wonder.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That's what I mean:

Even the most ferocious animals almost never kill members of their own species and
when they do kill other animals it is not out of spite but for food. You certainly don't see
animal species warring against each other.

Even when animals fight for a mate they still almost never mortally wound each other
and often times it's just for show.

Are Humans in this respect even "lower" than the animals which we claim to be superior
to????

Wouldn't a peaceful Intelligent Alien species regard humans as some kind of mutated
crazed and demented bloodthirsty monkey???

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

I think the short version is, as an animal, humanity is messed up.
WAY out of kilter.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
exellent way of putting it, there should be more people thinking like you imo,

planet earth probly looks like a ant farm to them tho,

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I completely agree with what the OP said. I have written a few blogs regarding this. I think if we could fund science, and other things, rather than war and hate... we would be so much further.

But it's hard to get presidents and Kings to stand down when we are so eager to beat up the neighbor who won't return the weed eater. *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If they happened to catch any of G W Bush's tv speeches or any other public speaking event, then I would have to say they probably think we are all retarded.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

And the sad thing is.
They'd probly be right.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well,ants have wars.In lots of different species rival packs fight for territory/food. It is just that we are the ones with thermonuclear weapons........
However it could be that we are in some sort of quarantine - do not get near ,these folks are nuts...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

what a daft thread

your own argument contradicts the question posed - as do most responses

yes there is certainly inteligent life on eath - and that would be obvious to any observer who shares our definition of " inteligent life "

but thats not what you asked is it ? your " example " requires a judgement not of inteligence but of morality

because rining around like rabid monkies killing each other with machine guns - certainly requires inteligence - but it betrays a lack of morality

try asking the right question - it always helps

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Funny that someone with a screen name like ignorant ape would have an issue with the content of this thread.

Anyway I suppose you are right in that the issue may be more of one over the definition of what is considered to be intelligent life.

I think a Peaceful Alien Race might be shocked at the sheer violence and destructiveness of man as an animal and a species towards members of his own species and his environment.

It also makes me think about the the postulation that a cow's definition of God would be a cow just like man who creates an image of God after his own likeness. Perhaps that is the problem with our concept of intelligence and even our concept of Aliens is that we create an image of them after our likeness.

The purpose of this thread is merely an excrcise in thinking outside of the box.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Depends on which aliens you are referring to.

I would say not yet, at least not the ones that are probably still living in caves.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

at Ignorant ape for posting such an Ignorant Comment. Good name he picked for himself though

I think the greys in general think we are crazy. They probably look at us like we look at Guinea pigs.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Do Aliens believe in Intelligent life on earth or do they just see a bunch of rabid

Monkeys running around killing eachother with Machine Guns??????

Hmmm. very nice question. I think they would be inclined to look at us as, well, like you said, a bunch of monkeys killing each other. As has been stated humans are one of the few if not the only animal who kills there own species on a regular basis. When I hear stories of alien abduction I cant help but be reminded of how humans capture , experiment on and tag other animals. I imagine they look at us the same way we look at the animals we tag and experiment on. They probably consider us a lower life form who are just perfect for this new test they have.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You haven't defined 'intelligence,' which itself defines your entire question. If an alien civilization were to observe Earth, what they saw would be defined by their classification methods.

Personally, I think that if an alien civilization were to discover this planet and notice the human civilization, they would view us as another 'civilization'. Else, they would classify us as just another organism on this planet -- in which case, we wouldn't be all they would see, as the OP's post implied. They probably wouldn't see 'rabid monkeys killing each other.' (I've flown a few times, and even I haven't seen rabid monkeys killing each other, nor have I thought to apply that description to what I saw). In a similar way, we wouldn't know if an alien civilization was peaceful and beyond warring by just looking at their ships.
Unless you can readily identify an ammunition bay that has been neatly converted into a cargo hold.

I think that more than anything, your question clearly points out a current trend in popular opinion about terrestrial and extraterrestrial life: the opinion that terrestrial or extraterrestrial belief counts for anything. What exists out there already does so, whether or not we can see or believe in them. We have established a civilization (per our standards) on this planet. New extraterrestrial acquaintances will recognize this. They won't if we approach them with an inferiority complex.

It is sad too that when a thread like this arises, we hasten to spit some more on the human race. I keep repeating that we are part of this world -- even when it doesn't seem so great -- and this universe. We are every bit as deserving to raise our heads as any thing else out there, because we're here too. No one has dibs on anything: history has made this very clear.

As long as we continue to think ourselves separate (and perhaps "unfortunate") bystanders in existence, we will miss the big picture. While we do, we will continue to spit on our world, declare it inhabited by rowdy barbarians, and desperately wish that someone else would come clean up our mess.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Intelligence based on the fruits of the Tree of Knowledge, or the Tree of Life?

what makes you think the ET's are more advanced or intelligent than us?
Think about it, with that kind of technology, you could easily keep the rest of your civilization in the dark and out of the loop and just play rich man mind games on the people for the rest of your races timeline.

There are accounts of how to make flying saucers called Vimanas(all too often overlooked by UFOlogy) in the Vedas.(ancient Hindu scriptures) There are even flight manuals and flight records or stories of where and what they would do with them.

Now think about it.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by psychedeliack]

top topics

join