It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google sharing your information with US govt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Google sharing your information with US govt?

www.zdnet.com.au

During his flying visit to Sydney, ZDNet.com.au asked Schmidt whether, if Google was sharing information with the US government, the company would admit to it.

"That's a good question," he said. "The US government has attempted to get us to give them information and we have a very strong legal system in the United States -- as you do -- and that legal system is really important, in terms of limiting random explorations by governments.

"The technical answer is that we do not collaborate with governments unless they are following their normal course of business -- they have to actually follow all of their procedures. In that case if that were occurring they would have had to follow all of their procedures."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think the US government finds ways to manipulate the system to get things their way. all they have to say that it is "a matter of national security" and they can get away with pretty much anything.

i am more paranoid of google knowing my personal information than the government but now this is insane.

it all depends what "legal" means. if you consider violating civil rights legal then your an ignorant person.

www.zdnet.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drflux

For this reason I long ago stopped using google products. Nor do I use google to search for things.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yes. Scroogle it instead.

Scroogle

This is not a one line post.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

Google shares information with the government. As does every other telecommunication company.

The NSA already eavesdrops on pretty much every bit of intel in the world anyway so its really a moot point unfortunately.

However, it is illegal and against the Bill of Rights. Then again, our government doesn't care about that "god damn piece of paper."

top topics

join