It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rae,Hall-Findlay get their seats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know that most of us that read this particular forum probably know this by now, thought I'd open it up for some discussion anyway.

Both are big time candidates. They both ran for the leadership of the party last time. Both have some experience in fighting tough political battles. Both have experience with switching teams. Rae personally and Finlay against Stronach..

I would guess most of at least know about Rae and his NDP history but how much d we know about Hall-Findlay. I am reading this right now to catch a bit of her story.

Martha Hall Findlay takes your questions on the Liberal leadership race

So whats this do for Dion now? We now he isn't keen on topplin' the house but with these two behind him and sitting in the House with him, do you think they'll try to convince him to do it.

If I was in their shoes, I'd want an Election. Both would be leading candidates for Dion's job after he loses big time. Especially if Findlay performs well in the Commons and during a General Election. I just have the feeling that Canada is tired of Dion and his backpeddaling. I mean Harper has basically challenged Dion to a dual, the ole' pistols at dawn sort of deal. Slap across the face with a glove but Dion keeps backing away.

Maybe it's what they need but is it something we need so they can get rid of Dion. I wouldn't want to give Harper a majority, although he's running the show like he does now.I think I'd rather deal with what we have now, the Majority by abstention, than a true majority. At least this way, we have some say, albeit a small one.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't know if Martha is in a big rush to jump into the leadership race. She came dead last, didn't she? She needs more experience, and let's be honest here, a sex change before she gets elected as the party leader.

Rae would do fine everywhere but Ontario and if the Liberals lose Ontario, we're all screwed.

Dion's a stop-gap, but there doesn't seem to be any likely replacements for him on the horizon except Ignatieff and Kennedy.

new topics

join