It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been to Medjugorje?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I went to Medjugorje in June of 2008. I went there as a full believer and stayed there as a full believer. While there, I saw several "signs". One evening, just after the seer Vicka's apparition, I prayed the entire Luminous Mysterious while staring directly into the sun. I watched the sun pulsate like a heartbeat, casting off hues of pinks and blues. Another day, just before Ivan's apparition, I smelled a very strong scent of roses on the apparition hill - even though no roses or any flowers for that matter exist there amidst the rocks and thorny bushes. Indeed, I saw some awesome signs in Medjugorje.

Then, when I came home, my life began to fall apart. Unlike my experiences after Fatima (when I became very devout and renewed in my faith), post-Medjugorje resulted in my going into deep depression, having dark thoughts, falling back into past sins and feeling absolutely nothing at church or when I tried to pray on my Medjugorje rosary which had been blessed by "Our Lady", Father Petar and Father Jozo. I was very confused and disturbed about what was happening to me.

Then, I began to truly research Medjugorje and found out that the apparitions have repeatedly been ruled as false by the bishops of Mostar who have jurisdiction over Medjugorje. The Church teaches us to obey our Bishops as they are the descendants of Christ through St. Peter. But, the rebellious Franciscans who operate Medjugorje continue to disregard Rome and thus, Our Lord and Our Lady's authority. As for Father Jozo: His priestly duties were taken from him after credible accusations of molestation. His blessings and confessions mean nothing nowadays. The seers themselves live in other, more luxurious places than Medjugorje nowadays and are living lives completely opposite those that Lucia from Fatima and Bernadette from Lourdes chose to live after their proven apparitions.

Based on my personal experiences and those of others who I've researched, I've come to the conclusion that the apparitions of Medjugorje are false and are from Satan. Medjugorje is dividing the Church, not uniting it. That's not following Our Lady's intentions. Same for the blatant disrespect for the authority of the Bishop of Mostar: Our Lady would never condone such behavior. I urge anyone thinking about going to Medjugorje not to. Read your Cathecism of the Catholic Church and the letters from the Bishop of Mostar. Medjugorje is in the hands of the Vatican right now for a final ruling but that ruling will follow the consecutive rulings of Mostar. As for the "signs" I and so many other have seen: The devil is allowed to perform such signs and the Bible warns of false prophets. If you really want to see a great sign: Go to Mass every single Sunday and pay great attention when your priest, by the power of God, turns the bread and wine into the body and blood of our Lord and SAvior Jesus Christ.

<< 1   >>

join