It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to 'Humble Oneself'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When it comes to Beliefs, Religion, etc.?

How do YOU, humble yourself, OR, do you just accept the going 'norm'?

If people don;t humble themselves unto something that is the going 'religious next best flavor', then how does one HUMBLE themselves unto the things we can't explain in this life.

Perhaps, YOU are one of those individuals that don't need to humble yerself.

Why or why not?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Jesus would be the ultimate example. He had the authority of God but he washed his disciples feet.

What humility is not - is self depreciation. It is not thinking less of yourself, however it is thinking of yourself, less. To surrender you pride is a good start. I ask for help with this daily it is easier said than done. Service to others, not having to be first in line, be able to admit when you make a mistake, stuff like that. To humble yourself to God is to worship him and to admit you are not the master of your own destiny and that you need him in your life.

After all CS Lewis once said "Pride is what made the devil the devil."

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Jesus IS the ULTIMATE example.

Hands down.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wooooowwwwwww.

Big Question! And, Great question.

-"Heavenly Father, help me to write that which is true as i myself am still coming to grips with the process of humility within healthful balance. i am struggling personally with it right now, even as we speak. Thank you for presenting this opportunity to be of journaling nature regarding this vastly important aspect of our relationship."

+"go ahead sweetheart, and sum that which you have endured and learned thus far. At the ending, if it be your desire that i might further explain the experience of now, i will do so."

"Okay. Thank you. Gentle smile...

Heavenly Father, i wrote the elements of my heart of my experience. Not all of it, just the beginning portion, the child hood. There was still much more to go in the way of the actual humbling process. i deleted such after its writing."

+"You heard me say stop. It's okay Love. It is very well as it is not yours to write(your history. It is mine to own and mine to choose if it will be revealed, at which it will not be by your hands). I simply asked for a summary. And instead of the fullness of your thoughts, can I speak regarding this matter please?"

-"Yes Heavenly Father. Please Do."

+"Go take a break and we will continue. "

-"Yes..."

+"Step One: The process in which one gains humility is not a self chosen process as to when it occurs. It is rather a process of acceptance on an individuals parts when it is given. As through the experience of acceptance at an unqualified time within human perspective provides the opportunity to become humbled, in which humility is gained. It is solely an individuals choice to surrender when necessary for peace. And without such willingness and cooperation to do so, contention will thus continue until the choice is made to learn to be of humble nature.

First step = acceptance.

Step two: Beyond acceptance is the process of humble action, in which through self choice a person becomes willing to be of helping nature no matter the situation, giving up the self in order to serve. You have questions. Ask them now."

-"i understand completely giving up ones self to serve. i currently am struggling immensely as to the depth of my own self sacrifice for another. It has often times been my personal experience Father, that i will do so to my own deep detriment. i am confused in understanding if it is rightful to establish boundaries for self preservation. i have lived in servitude of others, to be walked on, treated poorly, to be misunderstood in that which i am doing for the sakes of others, and to be left alone in which i cry to you to often to guide the way in that which you wish me to do while asking for the simplest of things for my own well being both physically and emotionally, in which a part of me deeply believes as a beloved daughter i am deserving of. Please help me to understand your will here."

+"I remind you; the birds and the animals of the fields are taken care of always. As my daughter whom I cherish more so, you too have and will always be. I understand the stresses you endure, the lack of understanding, I understand when you weep, I am angered by those whom treat you poorly - and as time has been a slow experience of proof for you, that you may see I reprimand them accordingly whom hurt you, balancing your desires and your actions amidst the desires and actions of the other to be of solemn judgement in equitable reprimanding, I urge you to continue giving all of yourself to every situation, as it is through your complete and total self sacrifice of body and mind and spirit to My Will that will bring forth the goodness I plan for you, and others through you."

-"Okay. What of the teachings that state we teach man or woman to fish for themselves, as when we do it for them they do not learn to properly take care of the elements in their own life."

"+ You are speaking of my ushering in your education in the teaching of others. Currently it is in an experience in your life for your learning the opposition, and when to surrender to another's will for them self. Learning is self chosen. If one is obstinate, unbending and unyielding to the gifts of understanding that will enhance their life, it is a self choice YOU are not responsible for. I have provided a gift for their betterment, and I will procure their consequences when capable of doing so, once you are removed from harms way. You need only endure until I am capable of arranging such, in which other elements are happening for the benefit and education of all. Yes, you are often right in the middle and I am very sorry. However, in giving yourself body and mind and soul to every circumstance, this does include surrender to the unpleasant opposition, and finding personal joy amidst negativity that is not yours to claim. My instruction to you at this time is to reside in the frame work of your childlike mind, and keep abreast the things in which you are capable of offering your husband in a truly rightful and equal relationship; your body and your life dedicated to Him."

-"This is your will? Because i am having a difficult time with it. A part of me states very clearly that i should continue to be a doormat to an obstinate woman in order that i may please all in this situation. Especially my husband."

+"You read last night that if you are placed in physical or emotional pain by your husband, it is not okay. Three nights ago you were placed in the way of a forming tornado, with a child you had never watched before nor is accustom to the care of others, in which as the parents and the obstinate woman you speak of knew of the imminent danger, did not come to yours or the child's aid out of a selfish desire to engage in activities that while at times are acceptable and fun, are to be put on hold for responsibilities of family and then friends. This being a small portion of that which happened on that night and has happened over time. This alone is cause for Me to be watchful and preparing. While the actions of said people are in no way the responsibility of your husband, it is a time of testing as I Said I would Do, for your husband. He did place you in the best circumstance possible of the time. It is now He has the opportunity to prove to me what I have asked of Him, His true intentions. Let it be said, this is for protection of My Girl and My Will. If it be His choices are good, your blessings will be multiplied vastly a 1,000 fold."

+"Really?"

-"Yes! Humility=surrender+hard."

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelsannie

I starred your post.

Exceptionally well written.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I tell you the truth. When you feel like you have killed God, made widows out of loving mothers, and turned parents against their children, just because of a sick mind - you will find forgiveness within yourself, then that is humility.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:1-4)

Personally speaking, this is the most humble character and at times the most difficult character to maintain. Yet, if you grow spiritually, you will find your self progressing backwards, from self dependence to complete deprendence upon the Lord.

Spiritual maturity is arriving at child like faith, something the natural mind can not comprehend or grasp as representing any measure of maturity. Being humble is maintaining that child like faith and all it represents in regard to the Spirit of Christ and His life producing that fruit through you.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Thanks Ducky. Heavenly Father winked.

i also wanted to thank you for your post.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that your efforts helped someone in the world today. it's really very special, so thanks.

my husband will be home in 10 days. Yaeee!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ducky,

to "humble oneself" means love, for only love is without selfishness.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well... in my opinion it's to know in your heart that you are only a good-for-nothing slave and that it's your duty to serve Yahweh. Also, completely submitting yourself in obedience, faith, loyalty and love to Father is of utmost importance.

Luke 17:10 In the same way, when you have done all that you were commanded, you should say, 'We are good-for-nothing slaves; we've only done our duty.' "

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I find no need to "humble myself"

There are so many people around me that are better looking, much more intelligent, articulate, talented and have whiter teeth....they do it for me.

I do know what you mean Ducky; Isn't recognizing our frailties and sins and asking forgiveness enough? Self Flagellation, emotional, physical or spiritual, besides being extreme, seems more like selfserving drama to me and more akin to S&M than piety.

new topics

top topics

join