It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capability of the U.S. Army

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier
but the guided bombs are much better than the old drop and pray it hits bombs of WWII, Korean war, Vietnam.

perhaps guided missiles are more accurate, but the use of cluster bombs - which are by design woefully inaccurate and devastating to civilians - remains widespread.

and the high number of 'friendly fire' incidents among american troops cannot be simply disregarded due to the majority of coalition forces being american as throughout the war there have been countless stories of american troops opening fire on iraqi civilians. its not simply a matter of averages.

the principle reason why the US army is involved in so many incidents of this nature is that many us soldiers are trigger-happy morons with a john wayne complex.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
British soldiers were in a jeep in the First Gulf War, (or it may have been a tank) with a British Flag clearly flying... I dont know the background of the mission, etc.
But an American a-10, despite radio contact etc, goes and shoots it up and kills all on board.

Then why are you using it as an example? I am actually familiar with the case, and the attack occurred at night. How are they supposed to differentiate the color of a flag at night using a night vision device?

Radio contact was established after the incident occurred, and the Americans initiated it.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Evidently I mean a different case, because it was definitely in daytime.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

No one here can accuractely imagine a million people, and we dont get a comprehension of how many dead that is;

I can imagine a million dead people, because I was at a party in Berlin in '96 with a million people.

But can you imagine a million PERSONALITIES dead? Someone's Boyfriend, Fiancee, Husband, Brother, Wife, Girlfriend, best friend, football team mate, boss.... One million personalities who have lived X years with millions of experiences, etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Evidently I mean a different case, because it was definitely in daytime.

You just had said that you were too familiar with the case, where did you gain this sudden insight?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wasnt too familiar, it was on a TV program about the First Gulf War and American friendly fire incidents in it, but I am definitely sure it was in the daylight. Off the top of my head, the only facts I know about it was it was day time, it was a British vehicle with a British flag, and an American plane shot it up and caused casualties. The program spent quite a lot of time talking about the roughly 80% tanks-destroyed-due-to-American-fire thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I wasnt too familiar, it was on a TV program about the First Gulf War and American friendly fire incidents in it, but I am definitely sure it was in the daylight. Off the top of my head, the only facts I know about it was it was day time, it was a British vehicle with a British flag, and an American plane shot it up and caused casualties. The program spent quite a lot of time talking about the roughly 80% tanks-destroyed-due-to-American-fire thing.

Did they happen to mention at what range the weapons were fired at, and if the British guys were where they were supposed to be? You might want to look into that before replying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join