It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Bin Laden 'surrounded'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
In a real life game of "Where's Waldo", a British newspaper is reporting that Osama Bin Laden has been found and is boxed in by US Special Forces.

Sunday Telegraph

The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite.

The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in."

Have we really finally found him? Or is it the anticipated "staged capture" that has been discussed on Conspiracy Sites all around the world. Many believed that Osama would have been brought out in an election timing style, Myself being one of them. President Bush has been falling behind in pre-election polls recently, and I am sure that this would increase his popularity in public opinion. On the other hand, we may never know the absolute "Truth" as to what actually transpired.

Related ATSNN Links
Al Qaeda Under Pressure to Strike Again
Al-Qaida Reported to have Nuclear Weapons
Osama Calling for Destruction of Saudi Ruling Party?

Related ATS Discussions
War On Terror is a Fraud
US negates reports on Osama's capture
Osama - Feb 21st
Party Over: Top Democrats lead Bush in poll

Related News Links
Washington Post
MensNewsDaily
People's Daily
ABC

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not that I put much stock in the Telegraph, but it is time to "find" OBL. The latest USA Today poll showing both Kerry and Edwards beating Bush by double digits proves that. Rove has little choice but to troll out OBL.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sources close to ATSNN have claimed that Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar is with Bin Laden.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
and I though ole Bush would be playing this capture card a little further in the year for the November election. What is he up to? Hmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
CNN

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) -- Pakistan has stepped up security along the Afghan border ahead of new operations against al Qaeda and Taliban in the tribal belt where Osama bin Laden may be hiding, Pakistani military and intelligence sources said Sunday.

The operation will be the fourth of its kind since the September 11, 2001 attacks, the security sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press.

Again, according to sources, the event has been downplayed in the media until they would have him in custody, or killed.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That's quite doubtful.

I would think if it were staged it would be at a better time.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Interesting this.

It's not being highlighted by many western news outlets.

Al Jazeera are carrying it.

english.aljazeera.net...

Oh!By the way.My last short story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was I trying to tell you all something?

Hmmmmm..........

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Think they'll find him today just in time to run as Ralph Nadar's Vice President assuring a Bush re-election?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Maybe they are just building it up to get him back in the focus of Americans, who have had Iraq on the brain for months now.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Not that I put much stock in the Telegraph, but it is time to "find" OBL. The latest USA Today poll showing both Kerry and Edwards beating Bush by double digits proves that. Rove has little choice but to troll out OBL.

I agree with RANT. With Bush's numbers way down they have to do something to make the situation better or he will loose his re-election. Bin Laden has always been CIA. Anyone wonder why we havent heard of saddam in the news for a while?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well,

I've changed my mind. I think that they will claim to have found him soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't think they would have him "boxed in". You have him or you don't. This is just more fuel for the theory that they already have him. If you know where he is, what are you waiting for? An invitation????

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
UPDATE:YAHOO

AP is reporting that CIA Director George Tenet shared info on Bin Laden, corroborating Sunday Telegraph reports.

[Spelling edit]

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Defense officials are discrediting the reports by the British tabloid as to the known whereabouts of OBL.

The Washington Times is reporting:

The Pentagon is moving elements of a supersecret commando unit from Iraq to the Afghanistan theater to step up the hunt for Osama bin Laden.
A Defense Department official said there are two reasons for repositioning parts of Task Force 121: First, most high-value human targets in Iraq, including Saddam Hussein, have been caught or killed. Second, intelligence reports are increasing on the whereabouts of bin Laden, the terror leader behind the September 11 attacks.

Washington Times

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Think they'll find him today just in time to run as Ralph Nadar's Vice President assuring a Bush re-election?

yes and what a good plan it is!

there is more in the cupboard too. We have to be just as weasily as the other guys, LOL!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Quote:
A BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan. The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite. The paper claims he is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta. The region is said to be peopled with bin Laden supporters and the terrorist leader is estimated to also have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards with him. The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in." The paper says the hostile terrain makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible. The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" style operation. "US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the newspaper says. It claims bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open.

The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 10,000ft-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport." The special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden, and are awaiting the order to go in and get him. "The timing of that order will ultimately depend

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks a ton for the AP corroboration. I was very excited by this news, but couldn't find a corroborating source for the life of me...

Honestly, although I don't think Bush is staging this, I think he should... politics is as much a business as stock-market trading is, and playing your advantages is a major part of any business.

Let's just thank God we're closing in on the bastard, at least.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I didn't think it would be this soon ! I was thinking just before the elections...

even posted on this back in January :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join