It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How many seasons are there?

And how come they all cost so darn much? $100 a piece, currently i think there is 8 released, thats $800 darn darn darn...

Anyway, I have seen a few on SciFi and I like them very much and I like the movie, it rocks.

I heard rumors of another movie coming out.

Plus, David Duchovny leaves in the later seaons? Are they still good?

Dont spoil anything for me though

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
David is there the entire time.....cuz hes in the series finale.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
what about gillian anderson?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
they are all there in the end, though some of them will disappear for certain reasons during the last 2 seasons.... but I shall say no more, dont want to spoil it

It is an absolutely briliant show, my all-time favourite

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
It is an absolutely briliant show, my all-time favourite

I love the xfiles too. One of my all time favorite shows. Cant wait for the new movie to come out.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm collecting all the seasons on DVD, they are around 50 - 60 euro's over here. (about $75).
I have season 1 till 4 on DVD, so I'm halfway there

great show, I used to watch it all the time

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I love the xfiles too. One of my all time favorite shows. Cant wait for the new movie to come out.

oh yeah, baby!! Whats the latest rumor on it? I heard a while ago that its gonna come out in 2005 and it is going to be a stand-alone, not connected to the main alien plot. Also Doggett and Reyes are gonna be in it too.

hehe, this reminds me, last year I founded the Church of St. Carter on a message board I used to go to. Man, that was fun..... I found a site with complete transcripts of all episodes and I used to do weekly readings from the Holy Scriptures lol, Prophet Mulder and Virgin Scully, i had some ideas lol people thought I was nuts..... which I probably am but who cares, it was fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have a serious obession with the X-Files, love it to death. I wish I could afford those DVD sets. I still have 30+ videos ( including all 12 of the orignal 'file' videos, they are the best for me. I also got the series finale speical DVD which is cool..

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I love the X-files too. I may be mistaken but I believe there are nine seasons.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I love the x-files. I wish I could afford all the dvds. I'll get them all someday.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
David Duchovny .
Special Agent Fox Mulder.
Who was he? Before landing the role of Mulder in The X-Files David Duchovny had numerous small parts in movies like Don�t Tell Mom The Babysitter�s Dead and Beethoven. He even appeared in cult TV drama Twin Peaks as a transvestite DEA agent and then got the role of Jake in the erotic TV series The Red Shoe Diaries.

What did The X-Files do for him?
Duchovny became a star and a sex symbol thanks to his role as Mulder. The show started as a cult but became a mainstream hit running for nine series and almost 10 years. David wrote and directed several episodes and was partly behind the show�s move from filming in Vancouver to LA before he decided to leave.

What�s next? Duchovny didn�t appear in many episodes of series 8 or 9 and once the show finished made several movies including Evolution and Full Frontal. He has the comedy Connie and Carla coming out and is working on House of D, which stars his wife Tea Leoni. He wrote and directed the movie. Has not ruled out appearing in another X-Files movie.

Gillian Anderson .
Agent Dana Scully.
Who was she? Gillian Anderson was a genuinely unknown actress before landing the role of Dana Scully having really only worked in theatre.

What did The X-Files do for her? Turned her into a huge star and a sex symbol - being named as one of People magazine�s 50 Most Beautiful people in 1997. She went on to star in several movies (none anywhere near as successful as the TV show although her performances, especially in The House of Mirth were praised) and even presented a science programme on BBC1 at the height of The X-Files success. Like Duchovny she too wrote and directed an episode of the sci-fi show.

Where is she now? After the series came to an end in 2002 Anderson moved to London to star in the West End play What The Night Is For. She has been living there pretty much ever since with her daughter and English fianc�. She is just about to appear a new play called The Sweetest Swing in Baseball and is trying to a film project called Speed Of Light off the ground. Has not ruled out appearing in another X-Files movie.

Robert Patrick .
Agent John Doggett .
Who was he? Before joining The X-Files to lead the hunt for Mulder in 2000 Robert Patrick was recognisable to everyone as the T-1000, the human face of the terminator sent back to kill John Connor in Terminator 2. He has a packed CV since then including films like Cop Land, All The Pretty Horses and The Faculty.

What did The X-Files do for him? Patrick beat Lou Diamond Phillips, Hart Bochner and Bruce Campbell to the role of Agent Doggett. He seemed to have no trouble finding work but getting the role certainly raised his profile � and probably his bank balance. Despite fans initial resistance to having him fill Mulder�s shoes Patrick won over true fans of the show with his tough no-nonsense character.

Where is he now? His stint on The X-Files was short and sweet and since the show finished he�s appeared in Charlie�s Angels 2 and Pavement. He will co-star in the two-hour pilot of a Stargate Atlantis a spin-off of the cult sci-fi show Stargate and in new film Ladder 49.

Annabeth Gish .
Monica Reyes.
Who was she? Her first big role was probably in Mystic Pizza as Julia Roberts sister, although she had a part in Desert Bloom opposite Jon Voight and a small role in one episode of Chicago Hope. Never short of work from then on she had parts in numerous movies including Nixon, Beautiful Girls and Double Jeopardy.

What did The X-Files do for her? It raised her profile a bit, but sadly she only had one series to really establish herself as the show was beginning to move towards an ending. Brought in to add a bit more glamour and provide a partner for Doggett if they�d decided to continue the show minus Mulder (who had already left) and Scully who said she didn�t want to continue.

Where is she now? Since the show ended she�s had a few more film roles but in nothing major. She has done better on TV. She�s made several appearances in The West Wing as Jed Barlett�s eldest daughter Elizabeth and is currently working on a new mini-series with Tom Berenger called The Detective

www.fox.co.uk...

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by SE7EN]

top topics

join