It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Report will humiliate Bush!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
......that pollution isn't a problem? That it's not effecting our oceans, which in turn effcts our atmosphere?
The freedom given by this administration to industry ( cutting old growth forests, repealed clean air standards, repealed air filtering upgrades), is of no consequence on the atmosphere?

It's one thing to chastise bombastic sources; it's a whole other thing to assume they're discredited because of that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No, most of us are of the mindset that there are other factors that affect global climate change because we paid attention in physical geography class and are more scientific than political in the study of this theory.

You get pissed when the economy hits a decline and trough. You get pissed because we won't ratify a treaty that will kill our economy that other industrialized nations won't ratify either..so which is it?

Oh, I know, how about we strangle business to the point it dies, the economy plunges us to third world standards, the government then has to assume total control? We become too impoverished to give a damn about the environment in our own backyards much less globally. Hmm, thats never been tried before..or has it? I guess the right people weren't in control.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
....by making necessary upgrades binding? Those air filters already were to carry a tax incentive clause, are fully deductible on standard accounting and would equal out to a small percentage of most of those industries advertising budgets.
We aren't going to have any immediate surge in the manufacturing sector unless we create a market - being at the forefront of innovation is an American standard stifled, strangled and crushed via the Oil old money infrastructure. If we spearhead the application of alternate fuel tech , the world will follow, and we will have jobs.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
But it would be ignorant to say that this administration has NOT been at odds with hard science; they've decried everyone as 'wonks', be it economics, science or any expert who takes a stand with reason against them.

Scientists accuse Bush teamof disregarding expert opinions
Bush officials ignored expert assessments from three national laboratories in concluding Iraq was seeking to acquire aluminum tubes to make nuclear weapons, a group of scientists charged Wednesday. The dictatorship also has dropped highly qualified, independent scientists from scientific advisory committees on issues such as child lead poisoning, environmental health and drug abuse, replacing them with figures tied to regulated industries, the Union of Concerned Scientists said Wednesday.

www.abqtrib.com...

The Junk Science of George W. Bush --by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

"Today, flat-earthers within the Bush Administration--aided by right-wing allies who have produced assorted hired guns and conservative think tanks to further their goals--are engaged in a campaign to suppress science that is arguably unmatched in the Western world since the Inquisition. Sometimes, rather than suppress good science, they simply order up their own. Meanwhile, the Bush White House is purging, censoring and blacklisting scientists and engineers whose work threatens the profits of the Administration's corporate paymasters or challenges the ideological underpinnings of their radical anti-environmental agenda. Indeed, so extreme is this campaign that more than sixty scientists, including Nobel laureates and medical experts, released a statement on February 18 that accuses the Bush Administration of deliberately distorting scientific fact 'for partisan political ends.'"

www.thenation.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yes BT, of coarse....may I?

"The global warming scam"
www.melaniephillips.com...

"Parsing the Propaganda of the Junk Scientists"
www.insightmag.com...

"Water Vapor Rules the Greenhouse System"
www.clearlight.com...

Excerpt:

"Just how much of the "Greenhouse Effect" is caused by human activity?

It is about 0.28%, if water vapor is taken into account-- about 5.53%, if not."

"Global Warming In Brief"
www.globalwarming.org...

Excerpt:

"Are humans causing the climate to change?

>>98% of total global greenhouse gas emissions are natural (mostly water vapor); only 2% are from man-made sources.

>>By most accounts, man-made emissions have had no more than a minuscule impact on the climate. Although the climate has warmed slightly in the last 100 years, 70% percent of that warming occurred prior to 1940, before the upsurge in greenhouse gas emissions from industrial processes. (Dr. Robert C. Balling, Arizona State University)

>>A Gallup survey indicated that only 17% of the members of the American Meteorological Society and the American Geophysical Society thought the warming of the 20th century was the result of an increase in greenhouse gas emissions."

"The Emperor�s New Climate, Part IV: Disaster Does Not Loom"
www.newsmax.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
bush has humiliated himself just by getting out there in front of public and saying some really dumb stuff...(u can search for my list of really stupid bush quotes right here on ATS)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Guys Im gonna be the asshole, but if this was leaked, where is a PDF or Text version of hte file? I would like to believe it, and would like some proof for the unbelievers

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hate to even make this Kyoto stuff more contentious but Canada was a major participant in this environmental industry and most recent global treaties (eg. earth summit in Rio for example), and we swore up and down as a country that we would ratify Kyoto.

We did ratify it after a lot of threats from environmentalists (I was working at Greenpeace at the time btw), and the globalistic community. But in the end our agreement on reductions was greatly watered down. A lot of people breathed a sigh of relief when even the Russians turned their back on it an the Chinese did too later on.

The whole process was flawed. On the whole not a bad idea but poorly implemented purely from an emotional perspective I think.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Does anyone think it strange that some are saying the greenhouse effect is going to cause too much ice melt in the northern atlantic which will shut down the gulf stream (due to too much fresh water) and cause an ice age to start. In other words it's going to heat up a little then get really cold because of the green house effect. I thought this was a natural process that occurred several times in Earth's history. Are we arguing if man can change the time schedule by a few years?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
not only could we change the time schedule, I think we have the technology to regulate atmospheric climate conditions which would help regulate temperature...

If we didn't focus on bombs so much we could put our technology to use to develop a really rad world to live in!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think this report was just a "scenario" exercise rather than a rock solid predictive piece. BUT the global warming debate is about to go centre stage with Michael Crichton's new novel "State of Fear" doing a major conspiracy thing claiming its all a big plot to forward some sort of Green political agenda. Talk about brilliant timing/disinformation. Joe public won't bat an eye at the Bush admin's continued opposition to the Kyoto Protocol after Crichton's finished with them. You just have to laugh. Puts head back in sand.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
not only could we change the time schedule, I think we have the technology to regulate atmospheric climate conditions which would help regulate temperature...

Forgive me, OOPS. This does seem a bit arrogant. Man's life on earth is but a speck in the history of our world.
Sure, what man has done, like pollution, impacts the course of the planet. But, we've had ice ages before and we'll have more.

All the earth needs is one good cataclysmic event, and all your technology goes down the drain.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It is true that Britain would cool somewhat when the Gulf stream shuts down, but it would not trigger an ice age. The rest of the world will carry on warming up. All the info that humans are not causing global warming by CO2 emmissions is bull# and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow this is really horrible. I'm scared that's only 13 year's away and I'm going to have to live through this. I thought the world war's where done I never knew it could happen during my lifetime, this is trippy

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry, but the Gallop poll you cite is disinformation.

First of all, there's not even such a thing as the "American Geophysical Society," which is the first tip-off the data is dubious. It's actually called the "American Geophysical UNION."

The second tip-off is that there's no year given when the poll was done, and no link or reference to any supporting evidence.

Years ago, someone forwarded this same blurb about the 17% Gallop poll number, and I researched it out to find the source of the information.

It was hard to track it down, as those who started this rumor saw to it that the facts would always get scrambled up a bit to make it very hard to do any fact-checking. For example, they
would sometimes quote the poll being from 1990, and sometimes say it was from 1992 (the real poll was in 1991). The quotes don't even always say 17%, but will sometimes say it was 19% and 20% of scientists (the real number was 66%!) And, as we've seen, they screw up the names of the organizations -- all to make it harder to Google your way to the truth. If they throw out the wrong year here and a slightly wrong percentage number there, and say "Society" instead of "Union," it makes it much harder to search out the actual Gallop poll, thus harder to catch their LIE. It's very deliberately used to keep people confused and misinformed. Very calculated.

So wherever you get your information, I suggest you take a very hard look at what else they tell you because this 17% poll thing is pure lie/propaganda. These are NOT people you should be trusting, no matter WHAT they tell you.

Of course, lots of people like you are innocently quoting the bogus poll data, believing it's true -- and being totally taken advantage of.

The 17% number has been floating around for almost two decades now, seemingly gaining credibility simply by virtue of being repeated so many times, by folks like Limbaugh and Easterbrook. But it all dates back to a totally baldfaced lie made by George Will in his 9/3/1992 column.

In that column, he refers to an actual Gallop poll, and writes that the poll showed only 17% of climate scientists thinking humans are causing global warming. BUT THE ACTUAL FINDING WAS NOT 17% OF THEM BELIEVING THAT. IT WAS 66%!! Unless you can convince me that George Will is THAT stupid or absent-minded to honestly mistake 66% for 17%, then this was a DELIBERATE LIE.

And now, George Will was just recently caught again creating a bogus climate factoid when he wrote that some major University has concluded the polar ice caps are just as big as they were in 1979 -- another totally made-up lie. This guy needs to be kicked off the airwaves and stripped of his column.

But that 17% poll quote is still even CIRCULATING after all these years is a wonder of modern propaganda! It also really makes one wonder how confident the climate change deniers are with whatever ACTUAL facts they might have on their side that they would have to resort to FAKE poll results from ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO.

The plain fact is that both the American Meteorological Society and the American Geophysical Union (the climate science organizations whose membership Gallop polled in 1991) have official statements on climate change, statements that their members have endorsed and that you can easily find on their websites, that clearly state that they, the expert climate scientists, believe that human-induced global climate change is real, and that if we don't change our energy habits very quickly, the future will likely be very very unpleasant. THE SCIENTISTS ARE ON RECORD. THEY ARE ON AL GORE'S SIDE. JUST ACCEPT THE FACTS AND LET'S GET BUSY DEALING WITH OUR RIDICULOUS PETROLEUM ADDICTION ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Of course, if you don't believe any of what I've said here, feel free to track it all down yourself. But below are some source materials to help you confirm what I've said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join