It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My computer just spoke!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I think so,not sure how ads work. You don't have to click it. Aslong as it's got a page load or something. (someone feel free to correct me)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

I said "um,er,hello?" then I knocked on the moniter screen and tried to shake it a little,to see if someone had got themselves stuck down the side of the screen. And yes,my dog oversees everything i do. If it's not done to a certain spec and standard,then....well,I don't know what,because I'm too scared to let that happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well okay then, they're welcome to the income.

Because if they needed us to click on ads, they're not gonna stay in business.

In that case, the TACs against using Adblock Plus makes sense, considering this is a free site.

But The Above Network, LLC. sites, on my broswer, will be the only exceptions.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
quite right.

I hate ads,and to my knowlage I've never even thought about clicking on it. Infact,the thought that comes first is "eeewww,adware"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

And that's due to the integrity the Three Amigos display and their dedication towards their users by quickly and firmly responding to our requests to block the ads we find most offensive.

Like intrusive audio ads.

And salacious come-ons for questionable endeavors.

(Thanks again, SO!)

Grammar edit...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When those emoticons came on I would click on them about twenty times together rapidly just for the heck of it. Then they changed it so I couldn't. A few days ago it was that I won a free laptop and for some reason it seemed more of a sexual enticement. I have to admit I recall having one of those at least once. I have tried to actually win one of those laptops in the past but ran out of time because I was at the library. Do those surveys go on for hours? All I got out it was spam SPAM!! take that! Spam it all anyway. And yeah, those cute little vibrating gifts are the gift that just keeps.........eating up batteries.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Must have been Solace!

If you do not know who I am talking about
please go to Callahan's or Marys Place.

Wing_Nut

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
yeah i think its those smiley ads....damn annoying if you ask me scared the heebeegeebees outa me once wen my volume was turned up and there was nothing playing on the speakers......also sez o my god in a realy annoying voice smtimes

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Try turning the speakers off! if you still get voices please record for all on ATS lol Take care!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
All these logical, mundane explanations. BORING.

The last time my computer spoke to me was 1984 and it what I got was a sudden blast of some truckie's CB radio.

I wasn't willing to tell anybody 'cause it just seemed too weird and the computer never did it again.

Found out years later that my brand of computer may have had something to do with it. I had a TRS 80 Colour Computer. A machine that breached the US regulations for RF radiation.

What made me feel really ripped off was that no-one told me I could have turned the stereo on and used that for game sound instead of the tv speaker!

Then I would have had at least one advantage over the Commodore 64s all my mates had.

Ahh, warm and fuzzies at the mere thought of those hi-tech days or yore, when a computer was something special and 128k was to be aspired to...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
no joke:

sophomore year of college I was listening to a song on my PC and all of a sudden I heard, through the speakers, a female voice go "Hey."
It was in like a whisper, but I had my music up loud so I could hear it clearly.
I wasn't doing anything on my PC, I was cleaning my room at the time.
Its scared the hell out of me so I replayed that part of the song to see if it would happen again... AND IT DID!
I was so freaked out that I called in my room mate from the common room and replayed that part for him, but when I did, no voice...
It kind of upsets me to this day, because maybe someone or something was trying to contact ME and I ruined it by inviting in my room mate to listen to it...

anyway, my computer talked to me once, when I wasn't even on it... so no chance of me scrolling on anything...
Just figured now would be a good time to mention it.
I haven't even thought about that until today...

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Odessy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join