It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain & Lieberman: Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

McCain & Lieberman: Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda

rawstory.com

Lieberman lends McCain an assist after gaffe in Jordan

After McCain said it was "common knowledge and has been reported in the media that al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran," the post reports "Sen. Joseph Lieberman, standing just behind McCain, stepped forward and whispered in the presidential candidate's ear," leading McCain to add: "I'm sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just asking, who is making the politics?

These accusations are breath taking, threatening whole world and human kind, and they just whisper things from ear to ear... Like some scout boys!

God damned, and this guy is a "presidential hope" ...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
McCain is more of criminal then Bush is... well pretty close! Bush still is the worst human being in this world, I'm ashame to put him and McCain in the same group as the rest of us!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well of course it's Iran. AQ is yesterday's target(Afghanistan, I still don't get Iraq). Gotta keep current on who is in the administrations sight.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Provoke, provoke, provoke! I guess Busheney will never be happy until they can provoke Iran into taking the first shot.

Ok, I'll bite. If we attack Iran and install a new regime, oops, I mean oust the horrible regime currently in place, will we then get cheaper oil after another 5+ yr war?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What the..?!

So now al-Qaeda is not the major threat?
This is getting more and more absurd.

How can people buy this mess?

They said the same thing about Saddam before the "oops my bad but it's too late now" excuses we get from this Administration and all of those that voted for this fiasco. So now Iran is the major threat huh? Outstanding.

Oh and what happened to Osama? Anyone care anymore?

- lee

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is a BIG gaffe. Either he believes it or he was momentarily confused.

Another thread questioned McCain running because of his age. Maybe it could be a factor in his case, if this was the result of demands on the brain as one ages. Maybe the only phone he should be answering at 3am is a Jitterbug.

Ronald Reagan had years of training as an actor memorizing and reading scripts, plus those around him could write his cue cards. Would McCain be so apt? Looks not to be.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it would not supprise me... we know thay supply them with weapons fact!!!

yet alot of americans on here seem to think its all a lie & conspiracy and its all there own doing

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Does anyone ever consider that McCain is just another puppet in the grand scheme of things? He's been bought off like Bush was and will do the bidding of the Elite. If he's elected (God help us then) and the Elite's want war, he's their representative to propose it. The men behind the curtains, as they say.

There has been a potentially slow buildup to confronting Iran. As with North Korea. And Venezuela. I think they want to take out Iran first because they are already there. Which means lying, framing, and false pretexts on the part of our government.

My fear is that the Elites would have to produce another 9/11 and blame it on Iran to get a majority of the American people to be "coaxed" into yet another war. Hopefully this won't happen, I'm sure that people wouldn't fall for the same trick twice. This could also backfire on them, in which the American people would be so fed up from the current government, a complete overhaul would be in order!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Axis of Evil!
Dangerous. Must be dealt with. Grave peril.
"George Bush" Both of em!

When the economy slips we start a war in Afganistan.
We are still there.
When the economy slips again we start a war in Iraq
We are still there.
When the economy slips again we are about to start a war in Iran

No need to volunteer. Job opportunities will be assigned, and advancement opportunitys will open on a daily basis.

It does beg the ancient question which came first the war plan or the economic policy induced poverty to drive young men to the military.

When North Korea realizes they are the only one left on Bush's axis of evil list, they will probably do us the favor of initiating a war bringing in the US against China. Maybe we can call that the Korean War II, reruns are never as good as the original, but they sell more tickets.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

In response to a question about possible U.S. strikes against Tehran, McCain only said: "At the end of the day, we cannot afford having a nuclear armed Iran."

Means YES, we will strike iran militarily if they dont willingly bow to our demands. But I cant say that, because a war weary public will not vote for me.
And you cant rig a vote without suspicion, if NO ONE votes for you.

"He said several times that Iran, a predominately Shiite country, was supplying the mostly Sunni militant group, al-Qaeda," Cameron W. Barr and Michael D. Shear note. "In fact, officials have said they believe Iran is helping Shiite extremists in Iraq."

2 candidates, who both suffer significant public gaffes? Bush is no talker, but his guy actually muddles up his information.
To claim a #te nation helps sunni's in a civil war is kinda of obvious.
Is he going senial? or does he have as much difficulty as bush, in keeping a tab on the lies.

A "major battle" remains to be fought to reclaim the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, he said, stating it was a success for the U.S. that Iraqi troops were now "taking the lead in that struggle" against al-Qaida.

This is a presidents statement, a military leaders statement. Its worrying that he's already out there making bold statements about a war zone, for which the public dont like, the president doesnt understand and seems to be made from curropt whitehouse figures.

Maybe they senial are more easy to control this time around?

top topics

join