It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population boom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It seems to me that there has been a hugh population boom in the last 20 or so years,increasing every year.You now see so many more females with kids at 17-23.I wonder if this has to do with all the focus on tv about sex.All you hear about is sex anymore,I wonder is there something behind it?Thanks in advance for your reply's.

*edit for spelling

[edit on 18-3-2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
wow, Im a 21 year old male, and i can tell you, the woman are crazy, all they want is sex. . . It's so easy this day and age to get laid. . . I wonder if it was just as easy 20-100 years ago . . . haha, any of the older members have anything to say about this? And i know a lot of girls 16-23 having babies! And there men usually leave them. . . off the top of my head i can think of 6 girls who are pregnant or had babies in the last year, 16-20. . . pretty crazy stuff. . .

Thats why i wear condoms!

Read an interesting article the other day too that 1-4 teenage girls in the US have a STD. . . get checked regularly. . .

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Lol,yea Im 21 too so I kinda know what you mean,I just find it crazy that so many girls are getting pregnant today!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think part of it, at least in the US, is we make it so darned easy for young girls to be taken care of when they get pregnant.. how many do we have on welfare, getting food stamps, living in section 8 housing with their boyfriends... neither of them working.........

How many young girls consider themselves homemakers that are really just living in dumps paid for by welfare.. meanwhile sleeping around making more babies with loser men that continues their parasitic habit of feeding off the system....

We make it oh so easy for the listless and lazy......... sad really

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There is no population boom! Look at the statistics, you'll see birthrates are falling in the United States and virtually everywhere.

sty

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
watch the movie called "Idiocracy" . Then you will get your responses in a funny way

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For the record I'm 47 and have three children. My oldest is 25 and she has no children. My middle child is 23 and he has no children as well. My youngest is 21 and childless.

WHAT THE HELL DOES A GUY HAVE TO DO TO GET SOME GRAND CHILDREN ON THIS STINKING PLANET???"

There may be a baby boom in your neighborhood but I'm starting to think I'll see a Leprachaun before I'll see a grand child.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It could be a matter of simple mathematics...

In a world of say 1.5 billion people, if hypothetically we say 50% are females, 750,000,000 and 75% of them, 562,250,000 have children at the rate of 2 per female, you get a total of 1,125,000,000 new people in a generation.

Now in a world of 6 billion, (Currently) all of that multiplies by 4 and you get 4,500,000,000 new people in a generation. 4.5 Billion

With life spans getting longer and longer, the population boom you reference is a fact of mathematics...

Semper

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was more refering to the fact that girls are getting pregnant much younger than they used to.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

used to, is pretty vague. They used to get married at 13, in some countries they still do.

A few generations ago, being married and having children at 18 - 20 was perfectly except-able. Now MOST people choose to wait until they are more stable, own a home, have some financial security.

As far as I am aware the average family size has dropped over the last 20 years.

There are always areas of every town and city that seem to buck the trend though, sad as it is.

Monkey

new topics

top topics

join