It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your views on todays Obama speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Do you think he can make the Reverend Wright issue go away?
I am not a big Obama fan, but it amazes/scares me how he can so easily sway the american public and media through his speeches. I mean he attended that church for many years and listened to many controversial sermons no doubt! and he is just now speaking out on it, and worse yet it looks like todays speech might just let him off the hook!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Carrying on with what you were saying. I too agree that Obama is a very influential and a great speaker. However, I believe that America is reliving the past as i see in Obama many of the qualities of Martin Luther King. Obama like MLK is in a sense is fighting for the rights of Afro-americans: the opportunity for blacks to hold the highest position in america. But he is meeting many obstacles but reminding himself 'I have a Dream'

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't know about Obama's personality at all, but I believe Benjamin Fulford when he says that whoever the next president will be is going to play whatever ball he's told to play, simply because his life and his families' lives will then be in jeapordy if he doesn't. I feel that he has good intent, for the most part, but I also see that he is already playing the game by accepting campaign support from some of the largest Corporations in the world... and that's a dangerous game to play, even though it's the only way to get to where he is at.

He owes THEM his life now, one way or ..well... the other.

You should know about the Illinois energy companies who support him, and the huge scandal that surrounds these Corporations. I don't know if there are any articles about this, but employees are dying left and right because of the toxic nature of what they do at their plants... not to mention toxic waste dumping into the water supply and seeping into the soil, and therefore our food supply.... and they aren't doing a damn thing about it except silencing people.

These are the people who support Obama, and if Obama steps out of line... he may either suddenly get cancer, or suddenly get a bullet in his head.

So... honestly, it makes no difference. The president, no matter who, will not change anything. They're in debt forever to the corporations that paid their way to the top, and that's just how it is. Either play the game, or it's an early exit from this world.

EDIT to say this:

... but that's not saying there's no hope left. It's just saying that another direction towards solving the world's problem needs to be taken, other than filling out a ballot and hoping that it works out this time.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I fail to see where he's such a remarkable speaker. Obama refuses to answers questions in a straightforward manner. He dances all around them, but rarely give any concrete answers.

[edit on 3/20/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
His remark about his grandmother being a 'typical white person' was racism. Pure racism. He's spewing exactly what Wright spews from the pulpit. Only difference is that Obama puts on a tie and speaks calmly. It's all still anti-white racism.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
His remark about his grandmother being a 'typical white person' was racism. Pure racism. He's spewing exactly what Wright spews from the pulpit. Only difference is that Obama puts on a tie and speaks calmly. It's all still anti-white racism.

I'm not sure how you figure that Obama made a racist comment....after all he IS 1/2 white. I am sure he spent a lot of time around white people growing up and knows them very well. If his grandmother had those views about blacks, it would not be out of the ordinary for people who grew up during her time period, a period that saw jim crow laws and segregationalist supporting lynchings of black people.

So some of her stereotypes about street crime and such are completely normal...even if they sound outrageous to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

I think that is the problem here.

Stereotypes and racism have become "completely normal" in this country.

Anyone who thinks Obama is going to end racism is in for a rude awakening. He will do exactly the opposite.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
I'm not sure how you figure that Obama made a racist comment....

He lumped all white people together and, when the woman made a comment that was negative toward a black person, he said 'typical white person'. As if all white people were exactly alike. As if all white people didn't like black people.

If you said all black people were exactly alike, you'd be called a racist. And those calling you a racist would be correct.

after all he IS 1/2 white.

So what? His words were racism. Some would say they were 'just' bigotted and prejudiced. Either way - they were wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'm not sure where exactly you heard that part....

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother -- a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

But if you can find it, please let me know. I just watched the speech and can't find the part where he describes his grandmother as 'typical'

Transcript

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Some interesting view points on Obama's Speech...

I don't think that Obama is going to be able to just ignore this away..

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Semper,

the strange thing is that each one of the points made in the Fox News video is actually dealt with specifically in the speech. It sounds almost as if the critics never watched the video, or were listening for something that they didn't hear, and ignored the rest.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Highly possible in this day and age...

I have only one problem with Obama as a whole... He is a Democrat and extremely Liberal.... Kind of an Anti-Semper.....

I was looking at him hard a while back, but have yet to hear him speak of anything of substance...

Talking about "Change this" and "Hope that" is all well and good for the masses that fall for that bull, but for those of us active in the venue, I want specifics..

"What is he going to change" (Have yet to hear)
"How is he going to change it" (Still no answers)
"What is it we should be hoping for" (No answers there either)

He has not, to my knowledge, come out and spoken about anything specific and that worries me... Well except the attacks from Hillary...

I don't want change, if it is BAD

I don't need more hope, I need more results

Semper

top topics

join