It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Props to Lenny Dykstra!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I saw the recent episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel the other day and they had a piece on Lenny Dykstra. This guy has made himself into a Wall Street genius investor and basically needs not worry about money again. We're talking serious caysh here!

He doesn't come off as the brightest guy in the world, once you hear him speak you'll see why, but he's obviously got a keen financial mind and it was heartwarming to see what he's made of his life other than just Lenny Dykstra, ex-ballplayer.

Peace

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I heard about this awhile back and was really impressed with his foresight.

It's a tragedy when you hear of the hardships that some of our greatest athletes endure after they retire. Some of them are groomed for the big leagues before they get to high school. So having every bit of their life completely catered to them, they take this for granted. After they retire, reality finally sets in.

Years ago, this was the reality for almost every athlete. Today, not so much but it does still exist.

It's good to know something good came of the '93 Phillies. I wonder what Mitch Williams is doing these days?

Go Jays!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

i heard the "wild thing" broadcasting a phillies game last season, i'm quite sure because the rest of the guys in the panel did joe carter jokes on him every inning. i still remember that game vividly, truck drivers vs the clean cuts

and was he charlie sheen's inspiration in the movie "major league"?

oh how can i forget, i just remember curt shilling was '93.

i had to check this one 1st. that year, williams made more money than dykstra ($3.5M versus $3.0M)

[edit on 18-3-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Dykstra Interview

I thought this was link worthy for those who didn't have a chance to check it out. He might not have made as much money as Williams when he played but from what I understood he bought Wayne Gretzky's house, which is no small accomplishment. He also mentions steroids at the end, which doesn't have much to do with the story but I guess it's hard to avoid the topic. Apologies if the link is not allowed.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
thanks for link. WOW don't always judge a book by it's cover, huh!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Give me a million dollars and I'll show you how to get rich too... Takes money to make money a lot of times... Most of the time!!!

top topics

join