It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriends Daughter is an Idiot!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, it's been 8 days since my boyfriend had open heart surgery that consisted of a triple bypass.

Here's a little background.

He's quite a bit older than I am, and I am younger than his oldest daughter from his first marriage. He's been married twice.

He left his first wife after cheating on her with what would become wife number 2. Wife number 2 left him to be with a man she was cheating with. Nothing to out of the ordinary here, right?

Well, anyway, so my boyfriend starts not feeling well, and I take him to the emergency room. No heart attack, but several blockages that have to be operated on. We got him help, just in time.

He has the surgery and everything goes well. The doctor who did the surgery comes in to check on him one time while both the daughter and I are in the room. My boyfriend of course, gets the lecture on how he has to change his lifestyle, such as quit smoking and a change of diet. Both the daughter and I hear this, mind you. I have had the guy on a very healthy diet at home for the last couple of years, and he is ok with having to stop eating certain things even when we go out to eat. He indicates it is going to be rough, but he is willing to do it.

Now this is where the story gets weird.

The day my boyfriend gets home from the hospital, we get a phone call. The husband of wife number 2, has a massive heart attack and dies. I'm not kidding! Some timing, huh?

This happens on Thursday of last week. The funeral for ex-wife 2's husband was on Sunday.

Late in the afternoon on Sunday, we get a call from the daughter. She says she is bringing food over for us. I hear my boyfriend thanking her, and telling her that would be nice. By the way, I am just around the corner in the kitchen cooking a heart healthy supper already.

10 minutes later, she shows up at the door with her husband, carrying a styrofoam container of food that must weigh 8 lbs. She walks into the kitchen, sees me cooking, and puts the container on the counter to open it up and show me what was inside. Fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, fried okra, jambalaya, and buscuits! I nearly picked it up and threw it at her just based on what was inside alone! Then, she happily announces that the food came from the funeral of the husband of ex-wife number 2!

Now, I am usually a very easy going person, but is this not the most idiotic thing you have ever heard?????

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes it completely is.I feel your outrage and downright disgust.
Not just an idiot...that is an understatement.
How freakin rude can you get?
:shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yes, all that is so true, but I am not shy. I looked right at her and asked why she brought over a bunch of heart attack food?

She said she thought it would be "a nice thing to do." Duh?

Then I brought up the issue about the ex-wife, and the food being from her husbands funeral. She had no comment on that one.

Seriously, she's an idiot!

I had to let it go while she was there, though, because I want my boyfriend to recover!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
After reading that, I am extremely hungry.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Rude implies she knows what's up. This sounds to me like she's just... slow-witted.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I commend you for not going off on her.Had I been in your shoes..I may not be able to say the same.
So has she always been this dumb..or is this something new she is practicing?
I would have asked HER that question.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's just great... Not the daughter/food thing, that's just a little dumb.

But, every time I hear the word jambalaya I have carpenters songs in my head all day...

That's just great!

jambalaya and a crawfish pie and fillet gumbo

For tonight, I’m a-gonna see my my-my cher a mi-o

AHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MonKey

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Great the strangeness of it all is baffling.
Then to top it off complete and utter disrespect for you and to boot a really ignorant Styrofoam of completely unacceptable foods for her father that just recovered from a heart attack.
Got it.
This girl is not anything but deceitful and self centered.
I really hope he did not feel compelled to eat that slop?
What I would highly suggest that you do is to visualize the girl wrapped in love and light, and mean it. If she is as dark as I think, she will not want to come around. Be sure and tell your husband how much he means to you and how important it is for him to stay the course with his clean diet.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Never thought about that song until you just mentioned it. Thanks for giving me a little chuckle about this! That tune will be playing in my head all day now as well!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

antar,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it!

No, he didn't eat the food. He said he wanted to eat a little bit of it, just so he could say he had some when she called, but when he wasn't looking I disposed of it.

This daughter of his is something for sure. Up until my boyfriend became ill, we hadn't heard a word from her since Christmas, and she only lives 5 miles away.

Hopefully with your suggestion, we won't hear from her until next Christmas!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Maybe she was just trying to be nice. Ever think of that? :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
Maybe she was just trying to be nice. Ever think of that? :bnghd:

Why yes, of course I thought of that. She can't help it obviously, that she is an idiot.

What she did was like bringing a pack of cigarettes, to be nice, to a person who just found out they are suffering from lung cancer. Duh!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
She probably is an idiot. I have no idea, but it could've been a friendly gesture rather than a malicious one. Some people walk around like "Duh!" all day long.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would just explain to her calmly the importance of helping her father eat healthy. I do not think she is trying to kill him (or just being rude) but possibly she does not know how important it is for your father to avoid such foods. It is life or death at this point.

Wow... she is really off her rocker though.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So what happen next?!

Who ate the food? Or was it thrown away?

And if it was thrown away did you do it in front of her?

Or, if your boyfriend ate it what did you say to him?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

She was at the hospital in the room when the surgeon was explaining all of this, so hopefull now she knows. I will explain this to her again, once I can get her out of the earshot of other people.

I don't think it was a malicious attempt on her part either, she is just somewhat of a dingbat.

We seldomly hear from her, unless she needs something, so I am thinking we might not hear from her again for about another 7 months or so, anyway.

My boyfriend has a birthday coming up on April 6th, so it should be interesting to see if we even get a phone call from her, since last year she totally blew it off!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

After the daughter and her husband left, I served my boyfriend the meal I was already in the process of preparing.

When he wasn't looking, I carried the food across the street to a neighbor, who is an elderly blind lady that lives by herself, so it didn't go to waste.

We are having some struggles with the change of eating habits, as he loves his deep fried seafood, but he's trying.

Today we went to see the Dr. that did the angiogram for a post op checkup, and also because there is also a blockage in his carotid artery that hasn't been delt with. This Dr. also pointed out how important it is that his diet is changed immediately, so my boyfriend cannot say he never heard it!

Oh, and just a little tid bit of information I learned today and thought was interesting.....Did you know that heart graphs are usually blocked within 10 years of surgery? Hopefully we won't be going through this again that soon!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So, you're trying to give your elderly neighbor a heart attack?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, bringing the fried food was really stupid. Although I've seen similar things in my family, food was always the centerpiece in my family.

But regarding her not contacting her father much, I'm sorry but I can kind of understand why she doesn't seem exactly close to her father after all the circumstances you have explained in your original post, regarding the divorce of her parents. Also my best friends father has a girlfriend younger than her too and she feels weird about it...it must be aw bit of an uncomfortable situation for the daughter.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
So, you're trying to give your elderly neighbor a heart attack?

Actually, I bring her food a few times a week, and she rarely eats this type of food. (heart attack food)

I have also taken her to the Dr. for checkups in this past year, and she is very healthy outside of being blind. She takes absolutely no medications at all.

She's the kind of older person who is in such good shape, that we all hope to be lucky as lucky as she is health wise if we reach her age.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join