It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for Racial Unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Obama Calls for Racial Unity

www.boston.com

"For some, nagging questions remain," Obama conceded. "Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in the church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely -- just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Was this enough for this story to blow over????

I'm not sure. Wait till the Republicans get started with the race card. We have not seen anything yet!

www.boston.com

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Racial harmony is good and everything but racism is a natarul survival instinct.

Racism has its virtues as well. not all racism is bad.

personally everyone should be a little racist going to the extreme is whats wrong.

We all know what we think no matter white black spanish or what not.

when we see a milado baby with a white mother.

even if you arent racist. racism is healthy and we should all prob stick with our own races.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The racial card is just another ploy to pull the M.L.K. kind of move.
He is getting more desperate after his preacher said G.D. America.

I do not envy any candidate willing to take the reins at this crucial time in American History, prepped or not.

None of the candidates are capable of handling this next 4 years.

CX

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman

even if you arent racist. racism is healthy and we should all prob stick with our own races.

Not sure i'd agree with this, but then again everyone to thier own.

I listened to Obama's speech in it's entirety and thought it was very good. I'm not sure he can do any more now. It would be nice to move on.

Fox were saying today that the story would be as big as the media made it. Funnily enough, fox has had nothing else on thier network since this happened, and they seem to be doing thier utmost to make sure people know this will cause Obama damage beyond repair.

All they keep blithering on about is how McCain can do no wrong.

CX.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The racial card is just another ploy to pull the M.L.K. kind of move. He is getting more desperate after his preacher said G.D. America.

What a load of BS!

I listened to the speech and that was a very rational response.

I adore this guy for not making it a race issue and deplore those who try to.

You can't have an America just for white people and another America for blacks and then another for Latinos. You guys have to stop squabbling and realise you're all in this together.

Obama does.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
You guys have to stop squabbling and realise you're all in this together.
Obama does.

So you must have missed the fact that Obama has been in a racist pit of a church for the past 23 years. That he sat in the pews, nodding his head, while the 'minister' blamed whitey for everything wrong in the world.

Obama picked a racist pig to be his spiritual advisor.
Obama's 'call for unity' is a sick joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You can't choose your family. What diet did your family raise you on.

Obama is not a product of his background but has risen above all that was negative to make something of himself. What have you done ?

Do you see "'n-word's" as some form of untermenschen. What did they teach you at your church ?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It was a brilliant speech. I can't imagine how he could have done any better. I also think it was extraordinary that he didn't turn on Rev. Wright and disown him because of the bad publicity. He just said he didn't agree with everything he said. Obama is an exceptional human being as well as a great candidate for office.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

You can't choose your family.

I don't understand what this means? You obviously can't choose your family, but you can choose your spiritual advisor. Obama chose Jeremiah Wright, a racist.

Obama is not a product of his background but has risen above all that was negative to make something of himself.

Has he risen above all that? Why then did he continue to associate with Wright for over 20 years?

What did they teach you at your church ?

I can honestly say the there has not been a single instance when my priest(s) ever uttered a single racial word.

I have not heard the speech. I'm sure it was nice. Obama's problem here is his original denial of ever hearing Wright's inflammatory rhetoric.

But he atoned for it, I'm told, by throwing his white grandmother under the bus during the speech.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I do not understand what the big deal with this racial unity is. The human race is not divided because we could breed with each other. The results of ‘mixed ancestry’ are quite beautiful and noone should be offended by whatever ideologies (for example, the biggest thorn -- religion) that separates us (and the United States) as people.

If one were to take away the emotions as expressed by Rev. Jeremiah Wright during his speeches (as recently presented by the multi-sensational prone media) and listen well to his message, I think he is telling us all something that we don't like to hear: the truth that TPTB is calling the shots in the grand schemes of things, IMO, of course.

Also, I think this is good time for everyone to think about how well we treat each other and look beyond our physiological makeup (eye/hair/skin color, etc). It does hurt to be labeled as 'different', really, I know. But the past hurt could be forgiven, not forgotten, period.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
fox has had nothing else on thier network since this happened, and they seem to be doing thier utmost to make sure people know this will cause Obama damage beyond repair..

Oh? They are probably just trying to balance out the fact that MSNBC has crowned Obama the Messiah. Christ Matthews and Andrea Mitchell are sickening. I USED to watch HardBall. But not anymore.

CNN= Hillary's gang.
MSNBC = Obama's gang.
FOX = McCain's gang.

Really. Watch them. It falls like that.

Originally posted by jsobecky
. Obama chose Jeremiah Wright, a racist.

AND an anti-American

For Obama to claim to be the messiah of unity is pathetic. He chose as his mentor a racist. He had, and still has, a very close relationship with him. If Obama really was big on 'unity', then he wouldn't have been able to stomach this man for 20+ years.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The idea that someone could sit in the pews at that church for 20+ years listening to the anti-American and anti-anyone-who-isn't-black hate speech that Rev. Wright has spewing from his mouth and not start to believe in any of it or agree with it is laughable. I don't care how many pretty speeches Obama makes. He knew what the Rev.'s political views were and decided that was the kind of person who should be his spiritual adviser.

Rev. Wright's views are not something he's just come up with recently, he's had them for a long time and I don't believe for one second that Obama didn't know what they were. All he is doing now is damage control. He's trying to distance himself, but he can't denounce the Rev. completely or he has to answer why he continued to go there for 20+ years.

I've watched some of Rev. Wright's "sermons" and there was not a single thing religious about them. Anyone who believes this man wasn't saying similar things in all his speeches, I mean sermons, for the last 20+ years needs a head check. If Obama didn't agree with what was being said then why on earth did he continue to go to that church every week?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Was this enough for this story to blow over????

I'm not sure. Wait till the Republicans get started with the race card. We have not seen anything yet!

www.boston.com

Repubs will do no such thing because they would not be able to get away with it. Plus the Dems are doing a good enough job as it is.
Both Hillary and Barack are involve in some type of political drama while McCain is the only one looking Presidential with all his recent activities.

How can Obama unite a country if his own people are divided?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am still having difficulty how someone could interpert what Rev Wright said as racist. Can someone who considers his statements racist explain how they are so?

And what did he say that wasn't true?

top topics

join