It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iodinized BREAD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't even eat that much bread - and I certainly know myself and everyone i know eats enough salt to get plenty of Iodine.

Why put it into bread? Is this really nessecary?

Iodised bread in NZ

Mod Edit: Fixed spelling in title

[edit on 3/18/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not all salt contains Iodine. in fact in our house we use kosher sea satt for cooking and have a variety of slats in the grinder link pink salt from Hawaii etc. (To me it still tastes like salt, but its a good conversation speak) and none of that has iodine added in.

The people in NZ according to the article are not getting enough and the change to bread would ensure they do.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well I take iodine supplement about 3 times a week and it has helped me alot. Iodine used to be in say 95% of the salt you could buy, now you have to specifically look for iodized salt.

Iodized bread is a heck of alot healthier than bread with bromide, also a halogen thats not too great for you also found in many of todays products. Iodine displaces bromide, flouride, and chlorine from your body making you healthy. We know that flourine is more toxic than lead and is pretty bad that we are getting a constant supply from our water, food, and other commodities. It's debated but I think it is slowly killing us....

As shown below Iodine is really friggen good for us and I think it is a conspiracy that this has been erased from our (american's and other's maybe) diets. The RDA of iodine is totally wrong, we need more, and it has so many benefits and preventative capabilities, it really is a conspiracy...

from here

Through a series of articles (See website link at the end of this article), termed “The Iodine Project,” Dr. Abraham has proposed that the optimal daily dose of iodine for a person is approximately 12.5 mg, which is 100 times the RDA of 0.125 mg. He believes that the current prevailing medical opinion that more than 2 mg a day of iodine is toxic is wrong. He traces the source of this major blunder to a scientific experiment on rats that was published in 1948 by Drs. Wolff and Chaikoff, which erroneously concluded that iodine inhibits the thyroid gland at doses of about 20 times the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for iodine. This conclusion was later generalized to humans and can be found in medical textbooks, including endocrinology and nutrition textbooks.

The commonly accepted medical opinion is that iodine’s only role in the body is to help make thyroid hormones. Although this is an extremely important function, Abraham demonstrates that the role of iodine in the body goes far beyond its function of making thyroid hormones. Other possible functions include: helping to regulate moods, preventing cancer (especially in breasts, ovaries, uterus, prostate and thyroid gland), preventing and treating fibrocystic breasts in women, helping to regulate blood pressure, helping to regulate blood sugar and prevent and treat diabetes, and helping to prevent abnormal cardiac rhythms. For example, Japanese women, who have one of the lowest breast cancer rates in the world, ingest more than 13 mg of iodine daily from seaweed without suffering any adverse consequences. He further demonstrates that iodine tends to be antibacterial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and antifungal and that it enhances immune function. Furthermore, he suggests that suboptimal iodine intake may contribute to various thyroid abnormalities commonly seen today, including hypothyroidism (underactive), hyperthyroidism (overactive) and autoimmune inflammation of the thyroid (Hashimoto’s Disease).

pretty much where ever you live, unless you are eating lots of seaweed you probally could use some iodine. There is a whole forum on curezone (great website if you dont know it by now) dedicated to iodine here.

new topics

join