It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew Wilderness Tabernacle 6th Cen BCE site located amid the US in NM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Hebrew Wilderness Tabernacle 6th Cen BCE site located amid the US in NM

'Hidden Mountain' amid the Southwestern US where the oldest "Ten Commandments" found in the original Paleo-script has been located in New Mexico proving to have been a circa 6th Cen.BCE Hebrew Tabernacle site complete with a high-place rock Altar having (in the same writing) its dedication to the "LORD our God" of the Bible! The Mtn., an apparent monument, testifying to the sustained presence of a co-operative culture of ancient seafarers Hebrew-Phoenician-Greek & Iberian that ascended the Rio
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.mhccorp.com...
phoenicia.org...
www5.ocn.ne.jp...
www.ancientlosttreasures.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.gdrocks.org

The founders of this LLC located within sight of the locale, have taken it upon themselves to Preserve and Promote the Neglected and Abused site (as well as a handful of other as yet undocumented ones) and seek contributors to fund Legislation getting the area zoned as a Historic landmark or National Heritage site.
They've had a Gemstone Jewelry Inscription (!) Business going for about 5 years being the only artisans crafting the Hebrew 'birthstones' with the written in names of any who would submit their name & B-day (for $20 a rock, $30 a bracelet, $40 a anklet, and $50 a necklace), but their Paleologist has been busied reproducing the "Mystery Stone" and its script in related incentives to keep the project up and running.
They've got a Production Company (Mellon Mountain) on hold awaiting the sites Documentary (that'll include an associated Pottery Mound and Pyramid 5 miles downstream) pending some official state sanctioned or academia (contract archeology) response (or final lack thereof), and have with them a player of a special 7-string guitar with the higher string(!) planning to debut and showcase the G-D (and drop-C) tuned full 5 Octave Keyboard range Glow-in-the-Dark instrument with 29 frets playing Ancient Sacred Songs & Music there at the Mountain where there's places for each band member!
Anyone interested in becoming an Associate or Investor and getting in on a sure thing that's happening (over 700 hits on their site in the 1st week!) but is still real accessible, should contact them ASAP. They still do custom gemstone inscription jewelry too if you have a significant symbol or message worth being written in... and maybe they'll even default to the old birthstone crafting if requested.
I'm at the University (UNM) and Bill & Tod (their actual names!) are making quite an impact here with their "Holy adventure", I've heard that the School of Anthropology is in need of someone with Tod's knowledge & experience to resume monitoring the late Prof. Frank Hibben's formal Fieldwork.
I sure hope this .org pans out as they plan for it to as I'd rather see them on Cable than up at the Head of the classroom (or worse hanging out on and off Campus like they were awaiting their website and equipment) they need this as much as the world today does!

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Noe~Lot]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks interesting. I wonder if you could actually post the link again. I didn't see it the first time.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sounds almost interesting, think you could provide a link?

And I didn’t read your second post, maybe next time use paragraphs.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Noe~Lot

UHHHHHHHHHHH,

I think this is 3 or 4 of us asking for . . . drum roll . . .

THE LINK!!!

Where da link?

Am keenly interested in such stories . . . discoveries . . . Would love to check it out.

It is actually believable to me. . . . but not without a good link.

or is this some sort of linkless spoof? Advertisement for whatever?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You have to give us a link!

It would not surprise me that our ancient forefathers ventured much further than we imagine they could. Saying that, finding a 2,600 year old Tabernacle in American is somewhat surprising.

Sorry, but the second post is badly presented (where de paragraphs?) and reads like a cut and paste advert for someone trying to set up a business.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oops~ Apol.(!); This is the 1st time I've posted here, and must "Reply" to add the site:
www.gdrocks.org

Let me know if there's anything else amiss, s0rry!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Have they contacted the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons)? I think they would be very interested in this site.

Is there any early recorded proof of the site before the present day owners?

I've noticed that the owners of the web site you provided are very good at inscribing stones.... G-D Rocks LLC

For a $500 donation you get a engraved pocket stone:

For a $1000 donation:

Looks like they have the engraving down pat. How do we know they did not engrave the stones at the site themselves?

This is a very interesting topic, starred and flagged... but I would like to see more proof of the site that does not come from the people that are trying to market it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've just attempted to correct my error by posting another thread with the site at the top, and came back to find you've all righted the problem yourselves!
Wow you-all are some great people here!!! Well I suppose now this subject can be dealt with in either thread, that or this'll be deleted(?), but with this one I got to put some other relevant links on -only I think those ought have been elsewhere!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Noe-Lot,
Are you one of the folks from G-D Rocks LLC ?

And if so, have you/they considered utilizing some 3D laser scanning
to preserve and document these inscriptions? I own one of these..
3D Digital scanner corp.
Mod 400M
it is very accurate .002" resolution at 15" and has great registration functions. total non-destructive, (low level laser light)

I think this type of documentation would be of immense importance for
preservation and comparative analysis.

What do you think?

Share it with the world in a 3D image...far more useful than a photo.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi again all, had to rest and eat & 'am back!
No Zeptepi I'm not (unless by association) but I know the guys and Bills family (Tod's single), Bill says they're interested in a new dating of rock technology that is similar to what you've got (Thanks for the link!), but Tod would like to get you out here to scan it anyway because if it gets the attn and restoration backing it deserves then it's what you've got that's ideal!
I hope all you's don't think this is some scam, 'cause this shall break them if it doesn't happen, they're sure this is the 'missing link' for world peace, and actually I think they're right! Keep looking at this site and sharing it and talking about it cause there's no other way to cut through the ignorance so0 long in place...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mormon forgeries in the American west. Sorry to say you've been taken in by it. You might want to notice that hte "engravings" are very fresh, the rocks are unshaped, and there's nothing else there indicating a Jewish temple - there'd definately be a dumping pit for charred bones of the sacrifices, at last.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sorry, but it is a hoax by well-intentioned Christians (or Mormons, as Fox pointed out) who wanted to prove something about their religion.

The Jews do not hold the 10 commandments in any regard. Any *real* religious Jewish inscription would not include the 10 commandments -- since to them there aren't 10 commandments, but 613 commandments:
www.jewfaq.org...

So, it was done by a Christian. Furthermore, the person who did this copied from a Protestant Bible, since the Catholic version arranges the verses differently.

A truly Jewish artifact *might* include the Shemah:

Undoubtedly the oldest fixed daily prayer in Judaism is the Shema. This consists of Deut. 6:4-9, Deut. 11:13-21, and Num. 15:37-41. Note that the first paragraph commands us to speak of these matters "when you retire and when you arise." From ancient times, this commandment was fulfilled by reciting the Shema twice a day: morning and night.

www.jewfaq.org...

...and there you have it, straight from the mouth of the Jews themselves.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the info about the HOAX guys. I did suspect this, Hence the Comparative analysis statement I made. I did indeed notice the "freshness" of the inscriptions, trying to put that as reetching for photographic contrast.

Well good luck with your adventure boys.
It is unlikly that you will get much help from ATS in funding or otherwise.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Thanks for the info about the HOAX guys. I did suspect this, Hence the Comparative analysis statement I made. I did indeed notice the "freshness" of the inscriptions,

A good catch on your part.

One of my avocations is documenting Native American rock art, and it's pretty darn easy to tell when something's been done in the last 200 years or so. As the rock weathers and ages, it gets a 'varnish' ... it's still a different color, but it's very distinctive. One like this (the parrot, documenting Pueblo trade with Central America... and yes it's genuine and yes they did trade for parrot feathers there) : www.nps.gov... is actually only a few hundred years old.

The ones at the top of the home page may be as old as 500-900 years old. The "pinkish" color is very typical there :
www.nps.gov...

The oldest ones (I really should put up some of the photos that we have) that are more than 1200 years old have weathered the stone color to the point where the petroglyphs are very hard to see. Those around the 3,000+ year mark are usually the same color as the stone and you have to wait till the light is right to get a clear view of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nice links byrd,
I have read some of your threads and am learning a great deal.
BTW do you have a new link for the cuneiform lib. you had it as
www.cdli.ucla.edu...

clicked your old link..its dead .
those are awesome stories about the flood and more.

Do you guys do 3D scanning as part of your documentation work?
as I’m sure you are aware that it would not do much good unless the
petro. has etched the surface by anything more then about .005"

But it is very useful to use on inscriptions. also re scanning and overlaying scanned meshes to determine the rate of erosion for preservation.

edit to change: less to more

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was going to post about the mormon thing as well. In my current quest for spirtiual knowledge I have been researching the Mormons. A very interesting group but they have some really far out beliefs such as mysterious golden tablets, native indians being linked to the lost tribe of israel, and of course the mother ship. Really the only thing I found appealing was having two wives... Wait a second the one I have is plenty, two could be a disaster..... Anyway I recently had the chance to talk to a few Mormon missionaries and it's really funny how they try and take you through their preestablished indoctriantion but they really start to squirm when you bring up things like historical evidence, Plagerism, etc. The fact of the matter is these people are really sweating trying to come up with some concrete evidence that supports Ole Joe smiths visions. Sure you must have faith and ask god for the answers but historically speaking Jesus has been proven to exist but their is no historical evidence of any kind to even remotely Justify "The Book of Mormon". Until now when they find mysterious engravings in the desert. Come on if this was for real this news would be all over the place and would change the entire history of the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
as a man of faith I find it absurd to think that one needs to forge any type of artifact. That it is why it is called faith. All this does is make a true believer look bad. I do not need false documentation to prove to others that my God exists. My job is simply to show the way to others. No force. No coercion. Just simple explanations to those that inquire. I see dollars behind this not faith. My two cents worth.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Nice links byrd,
I have read some of your threads and am learning a great deal.
BTW do you have a new link for the cuneiform lib. you had it as
www.cdli.ucla.edu...

clicked your old link..its dead .
those are awesome stories about the flood and more.

Hmm. Try :cdli.ucla.edu...

Do you guys do 3D scanning as part of your documentation work?

(chuckle) No. I can't imagine how you could get a scanner plus power close to some of these sites. Many of them are up in the interior of piles of rock a hundred or more feet above the plain, and most are miles and miles away from the nearest power plug. And some of them are in really odd positions (down near the base of the rocks)

Documentation is done by film and sometimes by several types of film because the different properties enable us to document different parts of the spectrum. We also use a mirror to direct sunlight at an angle onto the object... as well as a strong flashlight.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
as a man of faith I find it absurd to think that one needs to forge any type of artifact.

There are other types of forgeries out there to support faith -- often in the form of some of those "charming stories" that go around about the great results of faith.

This kind of "forgery to bring others to the faith" actually has been sanctioned for over a thousand years. There are countless manufactured relics or "discovered" relics (there are several skulls which are said to be the head of St. Peter, for instance, and it was said that they chopped down most of the trees in Palestine to make "fragment of the True Cross" souvenirs that were sold to the Crusaders and pilgrims.)

There's a number of these faked decalogues around... some appear to be using Hebrew texts and make many mistakes because the language changed from the time of the Romans to now (one of them, for example, has periods in it. The Hebrews didn't use periods to end their sentences until the 1700's.) There's also "garbage inscriptions" where people try to present "traces of a pre-flood language" ... again, something that only they can (miraculously) read, which has the same sort of structure and grammar as modern English and tries to incorporate letters from a bunch of different alphabets into it.

They are not aware of just how huge the collection of writing-that-dates-before-3000 BC is. That's to our benefit, because it enables us to quickly spot the hoaxes.

That and the obvious newness of the paint/carvings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join