It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Do you believe in Aliens/UFOs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
Ok I don't want this to be useless so I went ahead and changed it a bit for all the people who have some problems with it's validity...

The new options are as follows:

Aliens/UFOs, do they exist/visiting us?

Both aliens/UFO's are real and they visit us.
Both aliens/UFO's are real, they do not visit.
UFOs are real, but aliens do not exist.
I'm undecided all together.
UFOs/aliens are not real, I don't believe in either.

ISTM your poll questions are flawed. I couldn't find a choice that works for me.

Both aliens/UFO's are real and they visit us.
What do you mean by 'real'?

Fact:
There are reports of things Unidentified in the sky.

It's not clear if they are hallucinations, mis-identifications, fabrications or actual physical objects in any specific case.

There is NO evidence, and I mean NONE that associates anything living, robotic or animated with anything flying in the sky that is not a terrestrial object. Not one.

Even those cases which are relatively strong, such as the Hill's abduction or the Zamora encounter, or Roswell have nothing which positively associates their reports with anything flying. It's all circumstantial

(all the Hill's 'evidence' comes from a craft which is on the ground. Zamora's primary evidence (holes in the ground) comes from a craft which is 'on the ground' (note there is mention of a helicopter and a lunar lander being flown around and some of Zamora's comments are contradictory). All the Roswell 'evidence' is of things 'on the ground'.)

Both aliens/UFO's are real, they do not visit.
Again, what do you mean by real? Let's say there are aliens in a distant galaxy on a very large planet which is 100% oceanic, who are similar to our Whales. But lacking technology, they will probably never leave their planet.

Does it have any impact on the question. Not really.

Yes, they are 'real', but we'll never meet them and (for the sake of argument), never know about them.

Likewise, the Milky Way galaxy may be teeming with alien life, but for a variety of reasons they will never become space faring. Or the 'life' may not be 'sentient' in the manner that we understand it.

Are they relevant? How?

UFOs are real, but aliens do not exist.
What do you mean by this question? Do you mean they have no pilots (not that far-fetched). I suspect any 'alien' visit would consist of nano-tech probes, not actual aliens in a physical sense.

At present, we have the technology using RPVs or holograms to reproduce any 'UFO' type scenario you can imagine. So I'd say that daylight discs and lights in the sky are no longer probative. You could see a full-on 'Close Encouner' ship and chances are great it's terrestrial in origin.

I'm undecided all together.
I'm not undecided. I think it's unlikely that -physical- aliens will ever come here. There's a .00001% chance, imo, that a sentient civilization could make a virtual visit, and a 1 in several billion chance that we will see it, or that they could find us, or that they would be capable of this at the same time in history that we are technologically capable of understanding this 'observation'.

Also your poll talks about 'belief'. It should stick with 'do you have evidence', and specify your choices.

Do I believe the 'ET hypothesis' is possible, or unlikely, or impossible? Who cares? The question is 'do I have evidence (even if slight) that it is possible, probable or likely?'

UFOs/aliens are not real, I don't believe in either.
Again, belief. Humans are notoriously BAD reporters. Even multiple witness testimony can be and has been shown to be wrong. (all the science writers, highly skilled, experienced observers who saw the F-117 prototype, swore it was the 'aurora' hypersonic craft. In reality, and if you look at it, the F-117 is not a supersonic craft, nor does it resemble one, with its blocky faceted shape. Why did they mis-identify it? They were highly influenced by their expectations. Even now, at various angles, the B-2 and the F-117 resemble classic 'saucer' shapes).

In fact we KNOW that human perception is based on illusion. We use 'forced' perspective in the movies to convincingly portray giants and little people. We see model-plane sized hobby craft in the sky and insist they are the size of football fields. People blind at birth given sight as adults can not tell how high a curb is. They still have to walk with a cane to 'feel' the height.

Thus the need for evidence, not belief.

I'd answer the following:

Do you have evidence that leads you to believe that non-virtual, non-terrestrial beings are visiting Earth right now? If yes, specify:
My answer: NO

Do you have evidence which leads you to believe at this time that the ET hypothesis is true?

Do you have evidence that people are highly suggestible, and mis-report things, and that their perceptions and observations are highly influenced by what they want to believe?
My answer: YES.

Can any direct observations of non-terrestrial beings or craft be produced using terrestrial science in a convincing way right now?
My answer: YES

Do you have evidence which leads you to believe that there may be sentient or non-sentient, animated creatures on other planets in our galaxy?

Do you believe it is somewhat likely that there are other examples of what we call 'life' on other planets (even if no proof) in our Galaxy, even if only primitive life, similar to microbes?
My answer: YES, but we may never know about it.

HTH.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Wow man you really went deep on this... I've changed the poll a few times already and I'm not changing it anymore... So you will have to deal with the poll and it's current selections... Sorry bout that and I did enjoy reading your questions and answers... Should have had you around when i made this pole... =)

Too bad nobody is voting anymore... Thought there would be more votes but there isn't really... Lets go people, place your vote so we can get some data built up thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Both are real, and they most definitely visit us..

** FLAGGED! **

- Mea

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Excellent thread dear Space Watson, I saw a few times weird things in the sky, I did describe 2 of them here, and from my searches at least, on Aliens, I never met any, but the Mars photos prove a lot, I shut NASA up, please visit my leightweight vd on You Tube, I'm LaPieinsky there, I have a good Space playlist, Welcome, I wrongly called the being a Little Girl on Mars.

After further digging into it, I realise that what is next to the Statue on St.Vincent, Mars, is in fact a preserved skeleton, and Cape St.VINCENT, from VICTORIA CRATER, 'walls' as they call it, is in my opinion a respected and kept CEMETARY.

Re: "Egyptian Statue on Mars?" thread here ATS

&

"MARTIAN-MADE STRUCTURES,PATHS,STATUES...please post" thread.

Thanx for this thread. I voted number 1, as it's really obvious to me.

I bet Aliens don't dare making contact because of our medical ways of tortures,

UFOS are either lost or very brave, they never stay long! No wonder.

Get a bit of Politeness within you GUYS & GIRLS, YOU are putting them OFF.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I said that aliens and ufos exist

not a doubt in my mind

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes, I believe.
Frankly I am suprised at the results thus far! If only all the world were as open-minded as us ATSer's.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
why cant you just make it simple?

what is your opinion on intelligent life in our universe?

a. ETI's exist and they are visiting us in spaceships.
b. ETI's exist somewhere in the universe but are not visiting us.
c. ETI's do not exist we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
please share this poll on other forums.

Obviously a place like ATS would mostly have believers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join