It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Do you believe in Aliens/UFOs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess I fall into "undecided".

I'm certain there are UFOs.

I think the probability there are aliens is near 100%.

What you are really asking is: Do you think UFOs are alien spacecraft?

I'm not ready to go there yet. I will say ET seems to be a possible explanation for a small percentage of UFO sightings. It's also possible better data would reveal those sightings to be something completely ordinary.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wasco

Ya it's a basic question... If you believe in UFO's but not aliens, vise versa or both then choose yes, if you are unsure of either or, then choose undecided and if you are convinced they don't exist and/or just don't believe in either then choose no... but yes if you have any doubts you can choose undecided as well...

Anyway, glad to see everyone likes this so much!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I cast my vote as a yes to support your site and take your poll.

Truth is, until one walks up to me and whisks me away to surf space- I will remain skeptical of facts and theories- but to arbitrarily believe we are alone in the universe is as arrogant as it is stupid. Its a pretty big place and if we are all there is and this is the best the universe can produce- I would commit suicide and be glad for the peace!

And if we are being farmed for food- I hope I taste good and its the reason I always keep a little packet of smoked paprika in my pocket! Everything tastes better with smoked paprika!

[edit on 20-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yip!
Star people have always, and will always be here!
We have never been alone.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
- Astronomers are predicting discovery of or contact with alien life within the next 20 years or so.

Which astronomers are making these predictions?

If it's true, then I suspect that the astronomers are being fed some information from the powers that be, who are already in contact with aliens. It's a soft-sell approach, to prepare a dumb population that we will, one day, eventually discover aliens. Human conditioning at work.

Aliens exist. They visit Earth. They have been in contact with humans. No, I can't prove it - people are free to make up their mind, based on what they consider to be evidence.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I agree with you on this one... And as far as proof goes, there are thousands of pictures and videos on the subject... All I know is I've been into this for several years and the evidence in my opinion is irrefutable... And like you said, we are free to make our own decisions and come up with our own conclusions based off what we consider to be evidence... If anyone is waiting for the government to say they exist before you believe, you might be waiting for a long time... Heck they might not ever tell us and short from an alien invasion they may never feel the need to tell us.. My opinion is to use your instinct on the subject, view the data, videos and images and then make an educated common sense decision... I think you'll find everything is pointing to "they exist"...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Wow that is funny stuff! Paprika? Well yes that and a little garlic and you'd probably taste pretty darn good! haha, just kidding of course, but yes I agree with your statement... To believe we are the only living entities in the massive universe is arrogant... There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone, our galaxy is over 100 light years in size itself and then there are billions of galaxies... hmmm... Just the mathematics alone should show there is other life out there... So we haven't found it in our single solar system, honestly it's like looking at a spec of dust on the needle in the hay stack... We have a lot more to explore and it will probably take thousands of years if not more to become technologically advanced enough to make a decent effort in the search for life...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I know that God exists so anything is possible.

With all the photos and accounts of abductions, I have to say yes.

Good thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

Ah yes, another person with common sense! I agree with you that given the evidence it's hard to deny the existence of UFO's... Aliens on the other hand might be a little harder to prove, but most likely they exist as well... That's just my opinion...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Yes and seen both more than twice. edit: ufo/ghosts. Still working on what I've seen (and if) alien wise... it's 'blurry.' to say the least.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by GhostR1der]

Can you tell me more about your experience? Sounds like you are saying you've seen UFO's and aliens... Where you abducted?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
perhaps some UFO's are a strange kind of lifeform.

This is a great point... Some of them do appear to be look like lifeforms... Like a jelly fish, only in space...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal
Wouldn't the nature of this forum tend to skew your results somewhat? I know we have our fair share of skeptics but I'm betting most of the folks who freuquent the Aliens & UFOs forum would likely be believers.

I voted yes, BTW.

I have to agree with this post. Since everyone that visits ATS and other "conspiracy sites" is at least a skeptic the results are greatly skewed in favor of undecided and yes.

A poll conducted by a large mainstream site would be much more revealing and accurate. I am willing to bet the figures in favor of a yes would be about 10 percent if not less.

Oh and I voted yes on the poll.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
465 votes nice!

This thread is moving along swimmingly!

Keep up the good work my friend

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

I only believe with any certainty in things I have experienced myself ... only then when I've dismissed other possibilities (not fool-proof admittadly *spelling*, but a pretty good guideline).

So I voted yes.

Great post so I gave you a flag and star.

Woody

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I voted though I think the answers will be skewed.

For me, belief in UFOs is not equivalent with belief in aliens. To say that there are unidentified flying objects is not the same as saying that there are alien spacecraft.

I voted "yes" but only because there are things in and outside of our atmosphere that have been photographed and videotaped but have no KNOWN equivalent. The "known" is what I deem the most important aspect. I believe that they exist but I do not know what they are, or where they come from.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Im sorry to say this.................

This is a stupid idea and is attention seeking fer sure.

"""""""""""I believe in UFOS/Aliens!""""""

"Thats great." Applaud for you.

""""but wait, I thought of this idea to creat a poll on who how many believes?""""

Um how many other polls exist? Why make another one...?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm a poll-dancer by trade... at night and I'm glad you've
started a new poll. My name's Mimi and only just recently,
my guy has ran off with a fellow poll-dancer called Charlene.

Keep up the good work!
Mim.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsFrickenAndrew

Why don't you compile all the polls you're talking about and link them up here... Add something use full to the conversation.. I'd like to take the polls you speak of...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Which astronomers are making these predictions?

Seth Shostak
Alexandra Barnett
Frank Drake
...and probably others.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I found an old cnn poll from 1997 and the results have suprised me quite a bit although to be fair the sample was quite small.

Poll: U.S. hiding knowledge of aliens.

June 15, 1997
Web posted at: 12:00 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Nearly 50 years since an alleged UFO was sighted at Roswell, New Mexico, a new CNN/Time poll released Sunday shows that 80 percent of Americans think the government is hiding knowledge of the existence of extraterrestrial life forms.

While nearly three-quarters of the 1,024 adults questioned for the poll said they had never seen or known anyone who saw a UFO, 54 percent believe intelligent life exists outside Earth.

Sixty-four percent of the respondents said that aliens have contacted humans, half said they've abducted humans, and 37 percent said they have contacted the U.S. government. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

But only 9 percent said they believed there were any aliens near the Hale-Bopp comet, which recently passed close enough to Earth to be seen with the naked eye.

I think the main problem when conducting a ufo/alien/paranormal poll is that avid non-believers avoid participating in such "nonsense" therefore the real results are probably skewed.

Off course I could be wrong and I am only guessing. Until we see an extensive large scale poll we will never know for sure!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join