It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's crucifixion not politically motivated, but to stop a powerful sorcerer/necromancer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Assuming for a moment that there was a kind of radical rabbi around the time in question who would eventually be known as Jesus, not giving him any particular divinity, the more I read the various texts, I get the feeling that any sort of crucifixion that happened had a lot less to do with politics than it did with personal revenge and a need to suppress widespread sorcery and necromancy.

There are a number of disparate bits and pieces that leads me to think this way.

The personal revenge story is this. In a story in one of the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, Jesus magically kills a playmate of his, son of a man named Annas. Later, in the Gospel of Luke a high priest named Annas, possibly the same person, is cited as pushing hardest for Jesus's death.

Annas is particularly interested in getting Jesus to admit the source of his power. At that time, soon after Lazarus had been raised from the dead, Jesus was confronted by a number of fearful and angry townspeople and accused by them of using the demon Beelzebub to raise Lazarus. In a very roundabout way, Jesus essentially admits to it, claiming that by doing so he "divides and conquers" the Devil's army of evil.

Jesus actually refers to himself as greater than Solomon, a noted sorcerer who according to the Testament of Solomon, used demons to build the First Temple. Jesus's statement is made specifically within the context of sorcery and the casting out of demons.

Also, sorcery appears to be so rampant at the time that Jesus actually has a lot of competitors. The disciples are much more worried about it that him, saying that other people are casting out demons and saying they're Jesus ("using his name"). Jesus replies that anyone who does their sorcery in his name is doing good, although in this context, it seems he's basically saying that the imitators are good advertising for him and his work.

Maybe so, since the gospels leading up to the crucifixion are heavily weighted toward all kinds of sorcery and healing and necromancy.

All of this would certainly be worrisome to the priests of the Temple, particularly since the temple itself was built by demons under the command of Solomon. The Temple is actually said to be held up on one corner by demons.

Suddenly you get somebody who claims to be more powerful than Solomon, and who seems to have the appropriate mojo, and who strolls into the Temple and kicks the moneylenders out, now the Temple itself would be real in danger.

Add to all of this the specific mention of the death of Yshua in Sanhedrin 43A of the Talmud: There is a tradition (in a Barraitha): They hanged Yeshu on the Sabbath of the Passover. But for forty days before that a herald went in front of him (crying), "Yeshu is to be stoned because he practiced sorcery and seduced Israel and lead them away from God. Anyone who can provide evidence on his behalf should come forward to defend him." When, however, nothing favorable about him was found, he was hanged on the Sabbath of the Passover.

This puts a bit of a different spin on the whole execution of Jesus. It wasn't so much that Jesus had such a wonderful philosophy that it threatened the status quo, it was because one high priest personally wanted him dead to avenge his son, and Jesus was a powerful sorcerer who was even more of a direct threat to the Temple than the Romans.

Just some idle thoughts on the matter, what with Easter coming up and all.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Very good post, you don't read much about the miricles and wonders or socery that was a part of daily life in the time of Jesus of Nazereth.

I would love to know your take on Christian theology?

My positions is both religion and science are a devolution in the human condition, born out of necessity for lack of power to overcome circumstance, do to lost spirituality.

Human history is shaped by supernatural events and we rise and fall around them.

What is your take on the whole religion science thing?

Do you believe an individual can manifest spiritual power in reality?

Do you think that Lazarus wasn't actually raised from the dead or Jesus did not actually ascend into heaven that these were not actual events that they did not literally happen but were just nice stories?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday
I would love to know your take on Christian theology?

I see Christianity as a mystical cult that has over the centuries been modified to be more mainstream.

What is your take on the whole religion science thing?

I understand that science is having a difficult time working with the fact that consciousness can only be removed from the equation in limited circumstances, like when you're building a bridge. It can't be separated when you're talking about the fundamental nature of reality.

Do you believe an individual can manifest spiritual power in reality?

Consciousness is necessary for a collapse of the quantum wave function. Without consciousness, everything remains virtual. And each time we think of something or move, it begins as a conscious and active manipulation out of essentially nothing of actual energy and matter in our brains. That's pretty close to the definition of magic.

Do you think that Lazarus wasn't actually raised from the dead or Jesus did not actually ascend into heaven that these were not actual events that they did not literally happen but were just nice stories?

Some of the stories are allegories, some are misinterpretations of events. Some are literary conveniences. For instance, an Ascension is kind of necessary unless you want to try to explain why an immortal Jesus is not walking around to this day. The Gospels themselves may be more of an amalgamation of the activities of a number of different people at the time.

Lazarus? The description of him rising from the dead like a zombie and scaring people with his appearance and smell is fascinatingly accurate.

As for the actual mechanics of sorcery and the manipulation of non-corporeal entities, I've been playing with that notion a lot lately. The anecdotal evidence is admittedly compelling and visceral. It's interesting how many rational people to this day will get a creepy feeling when confronted with a OUIJA board. So the idea of a coherent personality that exists in some kind of (possibly) electromagnetic field has some interesting aspects that I'm toying with. After all, while our existence is defined by our consciousness as generated by an electrochemical matrix in our brains, it's fun to hypothesize about a consciousness that might exist without the physical/chemical component.

And it's fascinating just how much of the New Testament talks about the manipulation of demons and such. It's a very big chunk of the book, as well as the associated Pseudographic texts.

Maybe I read too much stuff here...
Early Christian Writings
... but it's interesting. Entertaining.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sounds like a good fictional tale, sure.

Infact it sounds remarkably similar to certain tales written by one Raymond E. Feist.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Sounds like a good fictional tale, sure. Infact it sounds remarkably similar to certain tales written by one Raymond E. Feist.

I would be much more interested in seeing a movie of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" if it included a huge battle between Jesus's demons and those controlled by the High Priests of the Temple. According to the Gospels, I suspect that a lot of Jesus's power is channeled through his robe (Mark 5:21-34). At the critical point in the movie, Jesus is caught in the garden without his power robe by the Roman soldiers, which leads to his inability to fight back. Later, in the tomb, the robe is returned to him, but the demons are only able to restore his life for a short time (the Pentecost), where he seeks some revenge on Annas.

Oh, and there's also a really good sub-plot involving a political/romantic triangle between Jesus, Salome and John the Baptist, who originally owned the robe.

Now that's a story!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
very interesting nohup

you mentioned the demons in the corner holding up the church would that be priests?

they say the closer to god you get the closer the devil!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
you mentioned the demons in the corner holding up the church would that be priests?

No, they are apparently described as "real" demons, rather than the symbolic representations of the priests. These are all documented in the Testament of Solomon. Solomon was apparently such a skilled sorcerer that he was able to get them to build and support the Temple by his command.

Of course, it doesn't do much for his reputation later in the Koran, although, Mohammed supposedly knew a thing or two about controlling demons, himself.

It is an interesting symbolic notion that an entire corner of Solomon's Temple, representing his faith, resting on the use of sorcery and magic. And in that same way, Christianity also rests heavily on sorcery and magic, through Jesus's very active work with them and specific association with Solomon.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
so are there people around today that can manipulate demons?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Awesome question! You'd think it would be more prevalent in today's society.

Nohup, this is the most awesome thread I've ever seen in CiR! It's amazing how just a small point of view change makes a whole different scene.

Star and a flag!

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My guess would be yes. Of course, there are a lot of pretenders and people who like to play act at being sorcerers. They're just a joke. But I suspect that out there in the world there are a few people who have found a way to control these strange entities probably mostly by trial and error.

I don't know of any, but it isn't necessarily the kind of thing you would advertise. It is a lot of power to throw around that could make you rich and famous, but it's like juggling dynamite. Some of these demons can apparently mess you up pretty bad if you lose control just a little bit.

I also suspect, but don't know for sure, that the Vatican has agents moving around in the world looking for these people so they can put a stop to them. If much of Jesus's power was derived through demons (Beelzebub, in particular), that secret knowledge may have been passed down through the ages to keep the foundation of their Temple secure, also. If somebody showed up who could really cure people by casting out demons or perform other miracles with that power, you could see where it would not be a good thing for the Church.

The demonic power we're talking about is the power of a consciousness able to manipulate energy more directly than we are able to. Psychokinetic power that demons use to hold themselves together and manipulate other energy and matter. Controlling the demons apparently requires using even stronger entities, ones people generally refer to as angels, but represent similar but different types of entities.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The latest source I can find of someone using demons is from the book of Dr. Faust, Wittenberg, 1524. Basically he made a pact with Asteroth, who introduced him to another named Marbuel who was appointed his servant. He banished Marbuel for a better demon, Aciel. Faust was found one morning with a knife in his back, dead.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't get it at all

Can someone prove this using the Bible?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

"The demonic power we're talking about is the power of a consciousness able to manipulate energy more directly than we are able to. Psychokinetic power that demons use to hold themselves together and manipulate other energy and matter. Controlling the demons apparently requires using even stronger entities, ones people generally refer to as angels, but represent similar but different types of entities."

i had an experience once 20 yrs ago where i channelled energy through my hands to a person who had wronged me, it was an unconditional love that i had no control over, but it came through me, are you saying it was from demonic power, it felt like pure love, even though i had the right to hate that person in human form, but something took me over, never happened since! dont tell me demonic can come across as love?

now that will wreck my head!

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

My guess would be yes. Of course, there are a lot of pretenders and people who like to play act at being sorcerers. They're just a joke. But I suspect that out there in the world there are a few people who have found a way to control these strange entities probably mostly by trial and error.

Again! Ba-ding! I see examples of "amateur" sorcery in the Paranormal Studies Forum all the time. Posters: Keep this thread in mind when surfing ATS. Might be apparent to many.

I don't know of any, but it isn't necessarily the kind of thing you would advertise. It is a lot of power to throw around that could make you rich and famous, but it's like juggling dynamite. Some of these demons can apparently mess you up pretty bad if you lose control just a little bit.
Hmmmmm....I could relate this, conversationally of course, to current/recent Hollywood headlines. Look at past stars like River Phoenix, James Dean, John Belushi to current stars like Britney Spears, Heath Ledger and Lindsay Lohan. Maybe some are very good at juggling the powers, like: The Olson Twins, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Again, just musing.

I also suspect, but don't know for sure, that the Vatican has agents moving around in the world looking for these people so they can put a stop to them. If much of Jesus's power was derived through demons (Beelzebub, in particular), that secret knowledge may have been passed down through the ages to keep the foundation of their Temple secure, also. If somebody showed up who could really cure people by casting out demons or perform other miracles with that power, you could see where it would not be a good thing for the Church.
THAT'S been mentioned once or twice in real life and alluded to in movies and TV.

The demonic power we're talking about is the power of a consciousness able to manipulate energy more directly than we are able to. Psychokinetic power that demons use to hold themselves together and manipulate other energy and matter. Controlling the demons apparently requires using even stronger entities, ones people generally refer to as angels, but represent similar but different types of entities.

I agree with the assumption. Right on Nohup! Keep going, I'm all ears. If no-one else is reading, so be it. I wanna hear some more!

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
I don't get it at all
Can someone prove this using the Bible?

What specifically don't you get? If you believe in the Bible, and not just the bits and pieces that are easy for you to accept, then you are already basically required to believe in demons, sorcery, and so on. Huge chunks of the Gospels are about Jesus working either directly with demons -- casting them out, and so on -- or through demons to accomplish a "miracle," like raising someone from the dead.

Other sources, such as the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, the Testament of Solomon, the Talmud and the Koran, provide other bits and pieces to the puzzle.

Overall, what we're talking about is a "conspiracy" (which is why it's in this forum) to downplay and diffuse a very significant motive for the execution of Jesus. That Jesus was an extremely skilled and therefore dangerous sorcerer who had to be taken out before his power grew to the point where he threatened the Temple, which was itself built by demons and supported by them. On top of that, we have the High Priest Annas, whose son was killed by Jesus as a boy, who wants Jesus dead for obviously personal reasons and sees a chance to do it.

I think it puts an interesting spin on the Easter story.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

dont tell me demonic can come across as love?
now that will wreck my head!

Unfortunately, I would have to say yes. Demons are notorious liars, and almost like wild animals will take every advantage they can to turn the tables on you, infect you, and so on.

The power you felt yourself manifest may have just been your own, however. We have some limited ability to directly manipulate energy, although mostly on very small scales, like the electricity and chemicals in your neurons. But it's a start.

I wouldn't worry about it, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
well Nohup it makes eating fish on a friday a trivial ting!

this good friday i mean?

all the pubs and bars are closed in ireland on good friday, which is a joke because people here go mad on good friday drinking because they are told they should not drink and the pubs are shut!

thursday evening there are queue's in the off license's to stock up for good friday!

people have party's on good friday because the pubs are closed!

we were told by the pope that we had to celebrate st patricks day on sat 15th march as monday the 17th is in the holy week?

did any one listen?

they did in england and northern ireland but not the south!

an area in dublin had riots yesterday of 200 people at 10.00 am (st pats )

sorry to go off the theme

i digress too much!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

sorry to go off the theme
i digress too much!

Not too far off theme. What we're talking about is manipulating mystical power. Jesus did it. St. Patrick may be another example or somebody using a mystical power to manipulate things to their advantage. Snakes are an interesting connection, since Jesus was Egyptian, and snakes figure prominently in their religion. Snakes and staves are obvious symbols of power. Look at any good Tarot deck.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

i shouldnt worry??

how the hell am i to tell la differance?

and another thing you mentioned the triangle with salome!

the one with jesus and john and her mother?

or the one with her , her mother and herod antipas?

waits with baited breath..

dont rain on my parade nohup,

oh go on then

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

st patrick wasn't irish he was welsh

and there are NO snakes in ireland,

except in the zoo i beleive

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>