It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP CEO pushes for more open government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

AP CEO pushes for more open government

www.rawstory.com

At a time of continued government secrecy, the news media should press the presidential candidates on whether their administration would enforce "the spirit as well as the letter of the law" protecting the public's right to know, Associated Press President and CEO Tom Curley said Tuesday.

"Secrecy is one of the handiest tools for government that wants to be accountable only to itself regardless of the spirit of any law," he said in a National Sunshine Week speech
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
While his heart may be in the right place, he is more than likely beating a dead horse. An even bigger issue he might want to tackle alongside this one, is why the Main Stream Media THEMSELVES are co-conspirators in this secrecy! They are every bit as guilty of keeping the sneakiness and secrecy going by failing to EXPOSE what these criminals are up to!

Had they done their job properly, we would have likely NEVER GONE INTO IRAQ, amongst too many other infractions to even count, rammed though behind the scenes by this completely corrupted gov of ours.

I think it's a nice change of pace to hear the head of AP calling the gov out, but this will likely fall on deaf ears...The press needs to MAKE them more open by uncovering what they are up to...This is called 'reporting'. lol

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Associated Press is one of several angencies that provide news to the rest of the media. It's news outlet. I am amazed that someone from the MSM took this stand and I'm very happy about it. Let's hope he's able to bring about some positive changes in the way news is reported.

join