It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The start of Androids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Prototype robot for transporting supplies across rough terrain and minefields... better a robot dies than a human, right? And look, you can kick it and it keeps going.

Could we be seeing the start of the future of androids here?If this technology is about 2-3 years old then I wonder where we are today.I know the Japanese and Chinese are working very hard in this field. I am just amazed at how this thing is able to traverse the different terrains.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Androids, in the classic sense that most people have, seem a little ways off yet. But we are getting a lot of specialized 'bots around. The home vacuum seems to be a big seller. I've heard of cars that parallel park themselves. It's coming.

But fully autonomous androids will need better decision making capibilities than are now available to computer programs. IMO.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Needs a better muffler.

No, that's wicked cool!!

It's like a mini, prancing Imperial Walker.

How long before they have one that will transport a human?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If they are going to use something that noisy to transport supplies I hope they give it some weapons. It sounds like you could hear that thing a few hundred yards away, that would make it very easy to steal the supplies.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The noise is a bit off putting i admit but I think thats probably a minor issue with all the sound dampeners and covers for things such as this now.I am just amazed at how this thing can correct itself as it begins to slip on the ice....to me that shows learning.

new topics

top topics

join