It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio seizes voting machines in criminal investigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Well, because she is involved. She has the deciding vote, so she is involved in this process.

So explain what this has to do with confiscating voting machines or why you even posted this article at all except a poor attempt at bashing?

I never made her party an issue. I don't care what her party is. The only time I mentioned party was in the context of how things continue to stink in Ohio.

You really don't understand what is going on. The election in 2004 was rigged and many thought the touchscreen voting machine were part of the problem, so she wanted to do away with them. How does making the voting process more secure sound like it stinks to you? She saw what she thought might be signs of tampering with the machines and she called for an investigation. How do you see this as she is doing anything but her job? If she saw the name withdrawn when she knew it shouldn't have been, and did nothing, then she would be negligent in her duties.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
So explain what this has to do with confiscating voting machines or why you even posted this article at all except a poor attempt at bashing?

Once again, he who accuses others of selective reading continues the very practice.

To quote myself...

Second, I think it is an effort, slowly and surely, to move away from a secret ballot process. We'll soon hear a meme telling us, "the only way to prevent fraud is by making every vote public!" And it will be far more easy to manipulate the vote if you take away a person's right and ability to vote their conscience.

As I predicted, there is now an effort to end secret-balloting, at least in part. This is only the beginning...

All of this was said in context of the current discussion. You just choose to ignore that, don't you? And it involves another Ohio Secretary of State who may be involved in something suspicious. I'm sorry if your blind-devotion to your party-of-choice paralyzes you from even having the slightest suspicions when the person crusading against the system just happens to have a problem with it. If this was someone from the other party, you would be holding it up as an example of the worst sorts of corruption.

You really don't understand what is going on. She saw what she thought might be signs of tampering with the machines and she called for an investigation. How do you see this as she is doing anything but her job?

No, I don't think you understand what's going on. Do you ever stop and wonder why those who have the most to gain from exposing this supposed vote-rigging, those hurt the most by it, don't seem too terribly upset? Ever wonder why that is?

Don't bother answering, we already know the answer. You don't. Because you're stuck in a pavlovian response; you see someone voice suspicions about someone in your party of choice, and you leap into mind-addled, brain-numbed action, not bothering once to exercise the critical-thinking centers of your brain, as atrophied as they may be. Because you already have the answer: Your party-of-choice has given it to you, no need to question them. They are good, virtous, and can do no wrong. There is no way they can be involved in anything like what the other party does.

And yet, the stink continues. Despite their calls for change, despite the fact they now exercise control, nothing seems to be changing. But hey, you already got the answer for that don't you? Once again provided by your party of choice: it's that damned other party stopping them!

And just for the record, I refrained from naming any party in this post, because it applies equally whether you wear an (R) or a (D).

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

All of this was said in context of the current discussion. You just choose to ignore that, don't you? And it involves another Ohio Secretary of State who may be involved in something suspicious.

Why is it suspicious because some county which she has jurisdiction over calls for an investigation into party raiding? Just because she may have the final say? She did not bring it up, the election board in Cuyahoga county did. She has had nothing to do with it unless a decision needs to be made, but you probably found this article by doing a search and her name came up, it looked juicy to you so you posted it without understanding anything about it.

I keep asking but you fail to show how J. Brunner has done anything wrong.

No, I don't think you understand what's going on. Do you ever stop and wonder why those who have the most to gain from exposing this supposed vote-rigging, those hurt the most by it, don't seem too terribly upset? Ever wonder why that is?

Again you don't know the whole story. Blackwell has rigged everything in this state in favor of the republicans and she is trying to fix everything. Yes there are those opposing her because they have a lot to loose which is why she is being bashed from all sides including you. You are the one so blind to see justice even when it is right in front of you.

Your party-of-choice has given it to you, no need to question them. They are good, virtous, and can do no wrong. There is no way they can be involved in anything like what the other party does.

I have had to live in this state for the last seven years knowing that all this crap has been going on, and finally someone is trying to fix it, so excuse me if you think it partisan politics. To me it's justice. Believe what you want, but if you think my intentions are for towing the party line, then again as usual you are mistaken.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by Amaterasu
reply to post by projectvxn

I hope your enthusiasm is well placed. Sure a few of us here are railing, but does that mean we can pull people out of their Mainstream Media haze in large numbers?

Well, I hope so.

I hope so too. I'm tired of feeling alone in giving a crap about a country I wasn't even born in to begin with. But that I have given a brother to(My brother serves in Iraq..I don't mean he died). I just want people to care as much as I do, I'm not even a citizen, and I come across so many citizens that care far less than I do about the issues at hand...It has been pretty surreal to me. Sometimes, when I'm in a crowd of my own friends born here, I feel like I'm the only patriot. That is scary to me.

It is a sad state of affairs when people here who are not even citizens show more interest in where this country is going that the natives around them. Well, rest assured that, at least, I am greatly concerned and make it a point to point out the issues whenever I can.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have a crooked goverment who invents ways to bypass the popular vote.

Lets see... we have - Delegates, Super Delegates, Super Duper Delegates, Pop goes the weasel Delegates, defective voting machines, Good ole boy favoritism and the list goes on until the Democrats are robbed again.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

but you probably found this article by doing a search and her name came up, it looked juicy to you so you posted it without understanding anything about it.

I keep asking but you fail to show how J. Brunner has done anything wrong.

I answered your question, and explained the connection. It is not my fault you do not have even the most rudimentary form of reading comprehension, and are suffering from a brain-dead devotion of a certain political party.

Since you have so much trouble understanding I will spell it out for you.

I NEVER SAID SHE WAS INVOLVED IN WRONG DOING. However, she may be involved in enforcing an unconstitutional law, something she knows is unconstitutional.

There, can you understand that? Or are you going to choose to ignore it, just like you selectively read and quote.

Again you don't know the whole story. Blackwell has rigged everything in this state in favor of the republicans...

And yet he couldn't rig a victory in his own race. Amazing...

To me it's justice.

In other words, "I'll just ignore anything that has the faintest wiff of suspiciousness, because the other party is getting it's come-uppance."

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm glad for that. I don't take this country for granted for all it's given me. And all that it will. I am lucky to be here as a non-citizen, and all you citizens need to realize that you are lucky to be here too.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I NEVER SAID SHE WAS INVOLVED IN WRONG DOING. However, she may be involved in enforcing an unconstitutional law, something she knows is unconstitutional.

She hasn't even made a choice and you are accusing her of supporting removing secret balloting. Don't you see how ridiculous you sound? You are speculating that peoples votes will be made public when no where in the article does it say that. Here I will provide a link to your article so you can read it again.

Cuyahoga County Board of Elections begins investigation of primary crossover voters

Why do you come up with these accusations when she hasn't even had to make a decision to break the tie vote to investigate this or not? This may not even get put up for a vote, because in my opinion party raiding, though dishonest, is legal and people should be able to vote for anyone they want. You keep saying she is doing something that hasn't even happened yet. Are you psychic?

Just like you presumably think that I am supporting a particular party, you are also wrong. I am an Independent, that has seen what Blackwell did to steal the election that re-elected Bush in 2004. He oversaw the distribution of the new touchscreen voting machines and more machine went to the areas where republicans were the majority, and fewer machines were in democratic areas. There were so few machines that the local courts ordered the polls to stay open 3 hours later so the people that were waiting in line for hours were able to vote. Not to mention that the touchscreen machines were easily rigged, and manufactured by Diebold who's owner was a contributor to the republican party.

And yet he couldn't rig a victory in his own race. Amazing...

In 2006 he ran for governor, and because people saw the tricks he pulled in 2004, he was overwhelmingly defeated. Voting machines cannot be rigged to overcome more than a few percentage points from the exit polls because it would cause suspicion and would be investigated. You really don't know much about rigging an election, do you?

To me it's justice.

In other words, "I'll just ignore anything that has the faintest wiff of suspiciousness, because the other party is getting it's come-uppance."

Again you are speculating. You think that because I am against corruption in our election process that it has something to do with political parties. More false accusations. You really need to work on that problem.

I guess that it didn't occur to you that a fair election still means something to some of us. And you accuse me of being so mind numbing partisan? Maybe you should try to take your own advice and open your mind to other possibilities.

You should be looking into what has happened in the past rather than speculate on what might happen in the future. Oh, that's right. You are psychic. Please, excuse me.

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Hal9000]

[edit on 3/22/2008 by Hal9000]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join