It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Yesterday's Complete Solar Obscuration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Today in Bristol - sunny day . Full of chemtrails! How do I know ? well, what about 2 airplanes that fly at the same altitude - one with one without chemtrails? I even seen today , one aeroplane entering a chemtrail , and getting out of it - however this aeroplane did not have any "trail" . Also , do not forget that the german government officialy recognised the use of chemtrails! now in SanFrancisco too ! Why I never seen trails lasting as long as few hours before ? why do the "contrails" appear to not vanish , but they transform into a very wide thin layer of fog !? I studied Dynamic of the Athmosphere in UNI, but noone told me that contrails would behave like this.. should I sue my PHD teachers????

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It really annoys me wehen the 'chemtrail' believers try to discount contrails as if they are far more unlikely. Read up on contrails and how they form here.

The majority of the cloud content comes from water trapped in the surrounding air.[citation needed] At high altitudes, supercooled water vapor requires a trigger to encourage deposition or condensation. The exhaust particles in the aircraft's exhaust act as this trigger, causing the trapped vapor to rapidly turn to ice crystals. Exhaust vapour trails or contrails usually occur at above 26,000 feet. where the temperature is below -40°C (-40°F).

They can last for hours if the atmospheric conditions are right. The colder it is, the longer they last. Mix that with low wind speeds and the ice particles have nowhere to go. They may disperse slowly enough to cover a wide area without totally disappearing.. these are what you call 'chemtrails' when infact, they contain no man made chemicals.. just water!

[edit on 19-3-2008 by fiftyfifty]

sty

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As I understood , the radar operators / air traffic controllers in Germany do complain about the chemtrails as they (trails) stay on the radar for hours. They seem to be comoposed on high concentration of metal powder . Anyone an air traffic controller here on ATS , to confirm this?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnangela
I want to know what planet people are living on that they don't notice that we don't have blue skies anymore and it's all because of the jets taking them away from us.

I mean no disrespect, but that is a very brave statement tnangela. It's quite difficult to help others see what you see or to engage them in this post with statements such as that.

Our atmospheric conditions change day by day, minute by minute, so therefore contrail reactions are going to vary greatly. I haven't seen the sun in a week, low pressure out of the gulf, no jets, just typical spring weather in the midwest. I don't really think that there is such a thing as 'normal' weather.

With that said, I do think that there are 'some' truths to the chemtrail theory, scientific theories testing weather manipulation is nothing new, but certainly not to the extent that I will blame all weather conditions on it.

A family member, a dep. sherriff in Virginia called me last week and asked me to check out possible chemtrails there after increased jet activity, possible chemtrails and possible trace material. Now, the jet activity doesn't surprise as they are close to a military base. However, the subsequent chemtrails and trace intrigue me, but that is a whole other thread as I get any info..

Please choose your words wisely. Such bold statements gain very little credibility. You don't want to miss out on the beauty out there because you can't see past the clouds.

sty

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
what about the recent unexpected global cooling?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

What about it?

Climate change is a natural cycle of mother earth. All we are doing is speeding up the process. There will be more ice ages, there will be more droughts and 'dry ages' We live on a constantly changing planet and there's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
Today in Bristol - sunny day . Full of chemtrails! How do I know ? well, what about 2 airplanes that fly at the same altitude - one with one without chemtrails? I even seen today , one aeroplane entering a chemtrail , and getting out of it - however this aeroplane did not have any "trail" .

How can you tell that they are at the exact same altitude? Maybe one was at 37,000 feet and the oyther was at 30,000 feet (it would be virtually impossible to tell the difference). A relatively small difference in altitude can make a big difference in the contrail produced, since atmospheric variables differ at various altitudes on any given day -- and those variables can even change within a few hours.

Originally posted by sty
Also , do not forget that the german government officialy recognised the use of chemtrails!

The German government did no such thing...a few months ago a REPORTER said that the government has acknowledge chemtrails, but the ACTUAL GOVERNMENT did not. Reporters can say anything; that does not make it true.

Here is a post from an ATS Moderator who pointed out this very same fact on another thread regarding this alledged German Government admission:

origianally posted by Crakeur (Super Moderator)
the german gov't admits to operating war games in the vicinity during the date in question. they don't admit to spraying anything in the air and the report states they are 97% sure it is chemtrails.

I'm not saying the trails are chem or con, I'm merely pointing out that Germany is not admitting to a chemtrail operation and the report is not 100% sure of this.

Here's a link to his post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by sty
Why I never seen trails lasting as long as few hours before ? why do the "contrails" appear to not vanish , but they transform into a very wide thin layer of fog !? I studied Dynamic of the Athmosphere in UNI, but noone told me that contrails would behave like this.. should I sue my PHD teachers????

With all respect, if you never seen a contrail last for hours, then you are not observing them enough. I grew up in a rural area in the 1970s, and although my family weren't farmers, I do remember the farmers complaining that persistent contrails are causing more cloud cover (and farmers like sunshine as much as they like rain). This is not a new phenomenon.

Contrails CAN last for hours and spread out like a thin cloud and have been doing so since planes first starting laying them back around WWII. If your professors told you otherwise, then they are wrong (NOTE: Professors can be wrong -- they are merely human.)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnangela
Very good. Yes, it is chemtrails. No, I did NOT post this to the 'Space Exploration' forum. I put it in the 'General Conspiracy' forum but someone moved it in an attempt to censure it. I want to know what planet people are living on that they don't notice that we don't have blue skies anymore and it's all because of the jets taking them away from us. My Representative sent me a news letter the other day that claims there is no evidence supporting 'Global Warming'....well I'm old enough to remember blue skies and normal weather. So yeah, yesterdays chemtrails equals todays severe weather....is it stormy enough out there in the Southeast today?

You're right -- are skies are cloudier because of high-flying planes, and this may be affecting our climate...but what proof do you have that these are so-called "chemtrails" instead of simply water-vapor contrails?

NOTE: Perhaps the mods should move this back out of the "Space Exploration" forum.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah take this out of the Space forum... this makes no sense.

And all I see are the same tired explanation from Chemtrail skeptics.

We have all witnessed contrails evaporate while the chem trail RIGHT NEXT to it will linger for hours.

Yes, we all know contrails can hang in the air but they usually don't . And sometimes its just plain obvious (to some of us) that they are not contrails.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tnangela

I remember back in the day (around 1942) when we called those things contrails. A natural occurance when air is dispersed by wingtip vortices or at the very worst they can be generated by engine exhaust.

I don't doubt that there have been experiments into seeding clouds for rain, but sometimes I think people go a little overboard.

Maybe I'm just naive ... after all, here in America flouride can be found in our tap. Which is known to produce sedative behaviour over long periods on ingestion. Also, the FDA chose to overlook the effects that mercury has on human beings and allowed vaccines to be life-prolonged with the element, endagering the health of it's citizens across the country.

I'm not a firm believer in "Chem-trails", but sometimes second-guess myself when I look at our society and it's past behaviour on such matters.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
you don't need believe in chemtrails just LOOK UP!!!!!!!!!!

These chemtrail spraying programs, which are being conducted on a worldwide basis, are evident to anyone who has the desire to look up and perceive the evidence.

this is BS---
That all depends on a lot of factors such as, height, temperature, wind etc. I've seen contrails last a while.--BULL SH1T!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

As I explained in the above post, contrails are produced 2 different ways.

The form in which they produce ice particles no doubt evaporate rather quickly. But, the form in which they are produced by engine exhaust will not evaporate at all. It's physically impossible for exhaust to evaporate. It may disperse quickly ... or take some time to do so, depending on the elevation and amount of cross winds.

I'm not trying to debunk the video. I'm just offering an explanation for the different trails you may see streaming the sky. They very well may be "Chem-trails", but on the same note - may very well be contrails.

The amount of time that they last, in my opinion, is not evidence for or against "chem-trails".

[edit on 19-3-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LORDMETAL
These chemtrail spraying programs, which are being conducted on a worldwide basis, are evident to anyone who has the desire to look up and perceive the evidence.

What evidence do you have?

Extra line for confused smiley.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this is not contrails !
img373.imageshack.us...

img367.imageshack.us...

img136.imageshack.us...

Since approximately 1998, thousands of people started noticing airplanes spraying Xs, parallel lines, and grid patterns across our skies. These trails initially look like contrails but actually aren't. According to the U.S. Air Force, contrails are condensation trails and happen when hot engine exhaust momentarily condenses ice crystals into pencil-thin vapor trails that quickly vanish like the wave behind a boat, very much like your breath when talking outside on a cold winter day. Chemtrails, on the other hand, linger for hours and will spread out to form large areas of cloud cover.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LORDMETAL

Here's a very intersting website called "Contrail Photos Throughout History". It shows photographs taken of contrails form the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and through to today. Many of these contrails are shown to be persistent, crisss-crossing, spread out, and stretching from horizon to horizon:

Contrail Photos Throughout History

These photos disprove the false assertion that persistent contrails are a recent phenomenon. These have been around (not coincidentally) for as long as we have had high-flying aircraft.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LORDMETAL

From the looks of your pics it must be around winter time because of the lack of leaves on the trees.

This cloud formation is very similar to the process that occurs when you breath on a cold winter day and you can see your own breath in the form of a "cloud". You may have noticed that on some days this "cloud" you produce lasts longer than on other days where it quickly disappears.

If contrails persist for a long enough period of time, say on the order of an hour or more, they can spread out across the sky due to the prevailing winds at the level at which they formed.

~source~

Living in the midwest and lots of open sky, I notice this quite often in the winter.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

The time of year doesn't really matter that much...the temperature and other conditions at 35,000 feet could be the same in the summer as it is in the winter.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LORDMETAL
this is not contrails !
img373.imageshack.us...
img367.imageshack.us...
img136.imageshack.us...

Yes they are.

Much like your quote above, this is simply my opinion I'm offering. Since we are not at that particular point in time, or elevation to take a sample and have it tested, I guess we'll never know who is right or who is wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
temperature was 85, believe what you want fools

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks for the clarification soylent.

<< 1    3 >>

join