It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the dream I had a prediction of my future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream. It felt so real, and had more details than most of my other dreams. I cant get rid of this feeling that it was a look into my future. Here is my dream:

Im my dads car and he is driving. I can see him and he looks mabye 2-3 years older. We are driving south on I-75, and are in the far right lane. I see the Regal-Keystone theatre (It used to be loews theatre) and something reminds me that my mom has been dead for one year. I start crying and then I wake up.

Now, in my dream I could really feel the pain of my mom being dead. I could feel it so strongly that it carried out into reality and for couple of minutes I truly believed my mom had been dead for one year. I slowly remembered that she was alive, but I had to say it outloud severeal times just to convince myself.

Something about this dream just felt so real and I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about dreams. Was this a look into my future,Was there some type of other meaning? Was it just an ordinary dream? What do you think?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's probably just a dream...take a deep breath. When I was 15-ish? I used to have a reoccuring dream that my little brother Jeff died. Same dream....time after time...he always died the same way...

I would wake up crying and had to go to his room and make sure he was alive. Well, now I'm 40 and Jeff is 30....he's still alive and kicking. These kind of dreams are scary aren't they?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not to freak you out more then you are already...

But it very well could be...

Although USUALLY the fragments of our futures that we remember from our dream state of consciousness into our waking consciousness ... Is usually the mundane... or very far off POSSIBLE futures, that we tend to forget until it happens again, Think of your brain like a computer, there is only so much you can hold in your "Ram" for so long... until a restart happens

Besides.. the future is not set in stone...

One of the reasons we have the same dreams over and over and over again until we get whatever "it is" right ... is to lay our our best path of action... however how we act when the event unfolds is still up to us... however those are usually done behind the veil, meaning you usually do not remember it the next morning, and the a-typical dreams like that are usually to get you mentally prepared in one way or another.

Still there is nothing in my experiance that turns us into an automaton in a deja vu experiance...even if it seems to unfold that way... It simply shows you that you are where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there... and there is NOTHING you can do to change that fact... How you act afterwards is entirely up to you.

However.. Also in my experiance with this phenomena...

Major events are not remembered, until we are in the event...and by then it is too late to change anything as per the natural way of existence.

There are simply things we have to go through ... naked if you will, at least up until just before it unfolds...

If that happens to you, be thankful that you get to have a glimpse of one of the most personal experiences and mysteries of reality.

Besides, you trying to change what is not your responsibility in this life to change, is simply not kosher...if you could somehow break this natural rule... you would simply fry your minds circuits and place your self in grave mental breakdown dangers...

Seeing the future as you remember it unfold before you is a significant burden...

Always follow the path with heart.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry

Not to freak you out more then you are already...

But it very well could be...

Although USUALLY the fragments of our futures that we remember from our dream state of consciousness into our waking consciousness ... Is usually the mundane... or very far off POSSIBLE futures, that we tend to forget until it happens again, Think of your brain like a computer, there is only so much you can hold in your "Ram" for so long... until a restart happens

Besides.. the future is not set in stone...

One of the reasons we have the same dreams over and over and over again until we get whatever "it is" right ... is to lay our our best path of action... however how we act when the event unfolds is still up to us... however those are usually done behind the veil, meaning you usually do not remember it the next morning, and the a-typical dreams like that are usually to get you mentally prepared in one way or another.

Still there is nothing in my experiance that turns us into an automaton in a deja vu experiance...even if it seems to unfold that way... It simply shows you that you are where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there... and there is NOTHING you can do to change that fact... How you act afterwards is entirely up to you.

However.. Also in my experiance with this phenomena...

Major events are not remembered, until we are in the event...and by then it is too late to change anything as per the natural way of existence.

There are simply things we have to go through ... naked if you will, at least up until just before it unfolds...

If that happens to you, be thankful that you get to have a glimpse of one of the most personal experiences and mysteries of reality.

Besides, you trying to change what is not your responsibility in this life to change, is simply not kosher...if you could somehow break this natural rule... you would simply fry your minds circuits and place your self in grave mental breakdown dangers...

Seeing the future as you remember it unfold before you is a significant burden...

Always follow the path with heart.

Im not really freaked out by it anymore. I was only really freaked out by it the first few minutes after I woke up. It was such a strong feeling of sadness and dispair. You are right. The future is not set in stone, However if this was a true glimpse into my future I am thankfull that I am able to have this experience. I do feel slightly more prepared for the day that my mom really does die because I feel that I know a little bit of what to expect as far as how I will feel. Like you said, seeing the future is a significant burden. I believe that it can be considered a blessing as well as (for lack of a better term) a damning. You offer good advice, and I thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Although USUALLY the fragments of our futures that we remember from our dream state of consciousness into our waking consciousness ... Is usually the mundane... or very far off POSSIBLE futures, that we tend to forget until it happens again...

I was just thinking,this sounds like a possible explanation for deja vu phenomenon. Anythoughts on that SavageHenry?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You are very welcome... although I am just doing what I am put here to do, being able to assist others in something that makes my heart feel bigger then my body as I write it ... is and does make me feel very blessed.

I feel as though I went through the fires for that information...now I have it and when you have something really good .. you must share it ...as its not really yours.

So

Thank you.

As for your second response...

Hehehehe

All I can say is ...

EXACTLY... you are on your way, and touching the rail.

You may want to read my post here if you are interested.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I went into more detail and pretty much laid out exactly how the wall came crashing down around me and what I went through personally when it happened to me...

(although the OP never replied... lol
)

Anyhow... enjoy.. if you have any other questions or if I can be of any other assistance.. let me know, I will be watching...

Be well...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by SavageHenry]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You are very welcome... although I am just doing what I am put here to do, being able to assist others in something that makes my heart feel bigger then my body as I write it ... is and does make me feel very blessed.

I feel as though I went through the fires for that information...now I have it and when you have something really good .. you must share it ...as its not really yours.

So

Thank you.

Hehehehe

All I can say is ...

I went into more detail and pretty much laid out exactly how the wall came crashing down around me and what I went through personally when it happened to me...

)

Anyhow... enjoy.. if you have any other questions or if I can be of any other assistance.. let me know, I will be watching...

Be well...

Cool. im going to read that thread now. I must say that I believe that you are absolutley right.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

So

Thank you.

Hehehehe

All I can say is ...

)

Be well...

I read your posts in the other thread savage. Im am extremely facsinated by the realization of what exactly deja vu is. I had one of those Ah ha moments today. It feels so true to me. I can feel it in my heart. Just thinking about the fact that humans are able to see possible futures in their dreams is down right mind blowing, and then it actually happens and we experience that deja vu feeling. It just goes to show that the human civilization as a whole has barely even scratched the surface of the infinate knowledge of the universe.

new topics

top topics

join