It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Don't Pull Troops From Iraq (and) Cheney to Troops: Mideast Needs Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

McCain: Don't Pull Troops From Iraq (and) Cheney to Troops: Mideast Needs Freedom

www.breitbart.com

Sen. John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting, said Tuesday that any hasty pullout from Iraq would be a mistake that would favor Iran and al-Qaida.
McCain, who has linked his political future to U.S. success in Iraq, was in the wartorn country on Monday for meetings with Iraqi and U.S. diplomatic and military officials.

"We were very encouraged by the success of the surge and the reduction in U.S. casualties," McCain told reporters in Jordan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cheney makes surprise visit to Iraq
Clinton says "we cannot win" Iraq war
McCain says early withdrawal from Iraq would mean 'genocide'
How exactly does fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan secure our borders at home?

[edit on 3/18/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't know what kind of delusional kool aid this man is drinking, but he needs to get me some!

Its been made quite obvious that McCain and Cheney's visit to Iraq has been over oil and "al qaeda." They both seem committed to the idea that there are terrorists "over there" trying to kill us here.

How that makes sense I don't know.

I will repeat myself for clarity.

McCain and Cheney are in Iraq to secure oil deals. They clearly do not care about the Iraqi people, as has been made evident to me time and time again. They do not care about our troops and willingly sacrifice thousands of them for profit.

Cheney has a nice chunk of Halliburton stock he's been nursing for years now. When will the American people stand up to these cowards and tell them to behave like men?

"We are succeeding, but we still have a long way to go," McCain said, pointing at what he described as al-Qaida's residual power in Iraq and at Iran's growing influence, as the major remaining threats.

He promised that, if elected president, he would uphold a long-term military commitment in Iraq as long as al-Qaida in Iraq is not defeated.

Yeah we're succeeding in creating more hatred and violence in an already wartorn country. The only thing we do by staying there longer is allow "terrorists" a larger recruiting base.

That's what people don't get. The longer we occupy a country, the more resentment boils over.

If we had been in and out it may have been an OK situation. However, after five years of OCCUPATION, which people still don't understand, pisses the local population off and rightly so.

If a foreign country invaded the US, you bet your ass I'd be taking pop shots at them, regardless if they claimed to be "bringing freedom and democracy" to us.

That claim is bull# and those who don't see it are in serious denial of the facts.

And from the additional source I posted:

Cheney said earlier Tuesday that as long as freedom is suppressed in the Mideast, the region will remain a place of "stagnation, resentment and violence ready for export."

Little do the brainwashed (by and large) American public know, the only suppressing going on is by foreign troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So, who may you ask is "oppressing"? Hm...I wonder?

If Saddam was "bad," what does that make us? Worse?

This man is highly delusional:

"You and I know what it means to be free," Cheney told the troops at an outdoor rally at Balad Air Base.

"We wouldn't give such freedoms away and neither would the people of Iraq or Afghanistan, but in both of those countries, they're facing attack from violent extremists who want to end all democratic progress and pull them once again in the direction of tyranny.

"We're helping them fight back because it's the right thing to do and because it's important to our own long-term security," Cheney said. "As President Bush has said, the war on terror is an ideological struggle and as long as this part of the world remains a place where freedom does not flourish, it will remain a place of stagnation, resentment and violence ready for export."

First of all, neither Iraq, Afghanistan, or the US has "democracy."

You are trying to install a federal dictatorship with a side of Congress in a country that has been ruled by a brutal dictatorship for decades. They don't know what the "freedom" you speak of is, and I don't think you know what the hell that means either Dick Insaney.

"We're helping them fight back because it's the right thing to do and because it's important to our own long-term security."

No. Its in your best interest as a corporate shareholder to protect your oil profits and that of your mercenary brethren.

You don't give a crap about anyone but yourself as I've said time and time again.

That whole "war on terror" line is getting mighty old as well.

Where are the "terrorists?" Do you even know what the definition of a terrorist is?

I consider you, and all else in the US government, who tell me who to fear and what I should be afraid of as the greatest terrorists of all.

You claimed 911 was a good excuse for invading a sovereign nation, and then you went ahead and invaded another one for the "war on terror."

Look at yourself Cheney. You're a terrorist. You create fear in the hearts of every Middle Easterner who knows that the US is in their backyard.

They don't want us there, but you simply do not care.

Terrorist.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well done, Biggie, flag & star.

It's beyond comprehension-- all of it. Our "future security"? The economy is circling the drain and all these idiot politicians can talk about is helping other countries.

What the hell is going on?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
erm , so remind me again - exactly how Mr Bin Laden and Mr Hussein actually talked to each other? since they both hated each other with a passion?

oh wait - that small minor detail cannot get in the way of the PR word of year - `Al-Qaeda` - which btw is the right way of spelling it

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Funniest thing is Dick Insaney STILL trying to spew his nonsense about how one of the reasons we invaded was due to Iraq's ties with the CIA-Invented 'al qaeda'...The Pentagon THEMSELVES just admitted after an 'exhaustive' study this was total hogwash. I know all politicians are pathological liars, but these guys noses make Pinnochio's look like Michael Jackson's.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

The American public need to be distracted as much as possible so they don't see what is really going on.

There is a quote of George Bush Sr. saying to the effect, "if the US public knew what we were really doing, we'd all be hung." I can't find it at the moment though. I'm sure its floating around ATS somewhere.

reply to post by Harlequin

Didn't you know Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were lovers during the Gulf War?

We invaded Iraq and Afghanistan because the "leaders" of both countries were gay. Well, that's what Bush would think anyway.

"Dad, Mr. Cheney doesn't tell me nothing."

"Alright George, go back to your book about Clifford the Big Red Dog."

"Clifford sure is big!"

"That's right son. Let Cheney do all the thinking for you."

"Cheney's mighty smart. Will I ever be that smart pa?"

"Not likely son, you and your brother are not the sharpest tools in the shed."

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

We know all about Bin Laden's CIA money. Don't worry about that.

I even made a thread about it, but its nowhere near finished:
Osama Bin Laden is Tom Osman a CIA operative

Al CIADA has always been a fabrication. Cheney/Bush knew that, but they still had blood lust.

To be honest, I think Bush looks more like Curious George than Pinocchio.

Cheney looks like an evil version of Popeye I think. His smirks are freaky!

[edit on 3/18/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That reminds me actually - i wonder how many of those Stingers M16`s and anti-tank missiles the CIA gave him , are still in use.....

apc

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
To be honest, I think Bush looks more like Curious George than Pinocchio.

Cheney looks like an evil version of Popeye I think. His smirks are freaky!

I still can't see anything other than Beavis and Butthead when I look at them together.

If traitor McCain takes the throne I have little doubt there will be a draft. I'm just glad smoking cigarettes gave me asthma so I won't be cannon fodder for his imperial lunacy.

Somebody should ask these people what their definition of freedom is.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I think Cheney's definition of freedom involves submitting to control to the Corporatocracy and being in constant fear of someone attacking us.

Reminds me of 1984...

"War is Peace"

"Freedom is Slavery"

"Ignorance is Strength"

-Courtesy of George Orwell

new topics

top topics

join