It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race and Politics... Obama on CNN NOW!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There's a speech you all may be interested in, he will approach this subject matter and it's on CNN right now....
Ohhh I hope this doesn't work against him.....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
How does Race effect this Presidential election? I feel that Race is definitely going to be the deciding factor for Obama. Unfortunately, that's what the world has come down to... it's sad, but true.....

And say he doesn't get elected, will race Still play a major role in the media... based on the "Because he's Black" reason flying around in the MSM?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
here is the point...
every time a ethnic race or how ever piloticaly corrent to say it.

start's to loose or feel's beat they allway's pull the race card out..

pooof there's the card yet again.
im just saying it happen's every time.

we knew it was gonna happen eventuly...rev wright ect.... no big surprise.

Now the riot's begin lol

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sounds like a stump speech to me, gotta love how the politicians seize an opportunity

How long until Hillary & McCain demand equal face time on the news channels

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Starred.... I agree with Wolf Blitzer saying that this a a pre-emptive strike speech...

What I didn't feel, is that he emerged out of this, unscathed... I feel he may catch more heat, and as JacKat says, of having more face time than them...
As far as the race issue, I pray for your country's sake, that it will be toned down a bit in this election...

Let the tomfoolery begin!!!

JSR

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i didnt get to see the speach, but, i read the speach. IMO, it was well deserved and well writen. kudos to the writer.

i believe this whole rev. wright things is a bunch of bs. i never really liked obama. but after reading that speach......i just might vote for him. if i vote at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was a brilliant speech--mature, reasonable and inspiring.

I don't know why every time his black and/or white heritage is mentioned somebody says he's playing the "race card." I thought that meant taking an unfair advantage because of one's minority race. I have yet to see or hear Obama do that, ever.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As far a race is concerned, and what is truly driving a divide in those terms here in America. I have to agree with what was put forward in this speech. I have been saying this for years, and so have many others. It's not the speech that moved me, it was the fact that SOMEONE said SOMETHING about it finally in public. He addressed the real reason behind the current inequities we face in this country. He talked about how policies involving race has closed doors to many white Americans over many years, he talked about how stereotypes have poisoned the Justice system, he talked about the fact that the real enemy in this class war is corporate America, and those who feed the animal our blood, our homes, and our futures. He talked about the need for everybody to take responsibility for this, not just one group or another, but the whole of America.

That has to count for something. And this is why I support him. Everyone has been trying to paint this issue with a wide brush for generations, and at times denying that it exists all together. By saying stupid things like "I'm color blind", or "racism is dead", or that this culture or that culture is just "under-evolved" or "evil" in the case of the white man. How about the notion that members of a particular group can't succeed because of the existence of another? The only case I have found where this is true is in corporate America. WE ALL SUFFER under their rule. Everything else is a distraction from the fact that they are stealing this country away from us, to every war they create, every lie the spew, every politician they buy to sell their agenda, every disease they manufacture, and every crappy drug they make to cure it, only to create another problem they made a pill for. And they charge you up the ass for it for good measure.

He addressed how silly the notion of racial discrimination and divisiveness is when measured in the weight of the blood that has been spilled in Iraq in the name of corporations. These people aren't divided by race, only by segments of the military. I am Hispanic, my brother and I are from Costa Rica, our parent are Cuban ex-pats, my brother serves in the United States Army, has two kids and a wife. Sound familiar? Should to anyone of any color who has a family member or friend fighting to collect a debt for corporate America. There are thousands of stories like mine as well. And they come from every race in the book of America. And I have been tired of this same old "baby-boomer" hawk style BS for the entirety of my conscience life. And I'd really like to see it change, and maybe it begins now? Maybe with this speech we can be inspired to actually understand each other, and be honest about how we feel, and actually think about what it is we can do to change this country as a country.

That's just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

join