It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own IR equipment....? (UFO challenge)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Will my cameras work? I have a canon Sd750 and a sony hdr sr5 with nightvision.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
I'm a new member to ATS but i have read alot in the forums over the past few weeks. Many posters claim that it is a fact that UFO's and others are here and now in abundance and an especially interesting claim is that they can be seen through the use of IR equipment on a regular basis.

SO... I would like to pose a challenge to anyone in possession of IR video and/or photo equipment.

Take a photo of one and post it in this thread. Be it a UFO, ALIEN, SPIRIT or DEMON - I don't mind but it has to be taken by IR and preferably by yourself or a close friend. Location, time and equipement info would also be interesting. (I'm really exited to see what comes out of this)

PLEASE NO DISCUSSIONS WITHOUT PHOTOS/FILM! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER GOOD DISCUSSIONS HERE ALREADY ON THIS SUBJECT.

xxx
Unconditional Love and Light to All

It has been proving that there are living organisms floating around in our air. They can only be seen through IR. I dont know what IR is but I know that you can only see these critters with them.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

I don't know. There might be another thread discussing equipment. But this thread is really just for posting the pictures once you've got them.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

IR means Infra Red and is a wavelength or 'type' of light that is not visible to the naked eye. (Any expert care to elaborate on this with a more technical explanation feel free to add to this

That's why you need special equipment that is able to 'see' this light. It is often used for attaining nightvision I believe. ( Again please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) And yes my point is if there are thousands of UFO waiting to be discovered by IR equipment then please if you do take a vid or picture then please post it here. With or without a story

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

As requested here is a video I took yesterday at the coast in the south east of the UK. I am using a Sony DCR-SR36 HDD (hard disc drive) with 40x optical zoom.With the night shot plus function on and a 30mm 950nm Infrared X-Ray IR Pass Filter screwed on to the front lens. This could be just birds however I filmed a seagull today too and it does not glow white as in the first film although it was brighter as taken at around noon and the first video was taken at 3.30pm gmt.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nice videos and it looks absolutely NOTHING like the strong solid bright lights in the original videos, thanks for shootin down the ridiculous skeptic theory..

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by IAmD1

As requested here is a video I took yesterday at the coast in the south east of the UK. I am using a Sony DCR-SR36 HDD (hard disc drive) with 40x optical zoom.With the night shot plus function on and a 30mm 950nm Infrared X-Ray IR Pass Filter screwed on to the front lens. This could be just birds however I filmed a seagull today too and it does not glow white as in the first film although it was brighter as taken at around noon and the first video was taken at 3.30pm gmt.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Well I stayed outside in very cold weather to try and capture a seagull at 3.30pm today but I think they had all gone to roost early because of the cold as there were none to be found.And you are right there is quite a significant difference between the two vids.Still playing with the lens to see how things look in infrared.I have not seen anything else that has looked so bright apart from the moon this evening.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thought I would post this video I have just found on YouTube .It is a film of seagulls shot in infrared and does show them as bright white.So I could be debunking my own video here but do not wish to misinform anybody.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great videos - thanks Tariffa

I also think the flying pattern of the 'seagull' v.s. your first video seems quite different but I remain on the fence on this one. Still this is exactly the things we need to se more of and discuss to get to the bottom of things. Until proven otherwise seems to me it is a UFO Unidentified being the key word here not necessarily extra terrestial

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Check this video out(he has many like it) I am going to try this for myself so watch this space.Is it birds dust pollen or something else? Quite impressive all the same, what are they?
:

[edit on 4-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
IAMD1,
When you are asking for infrared images do you want near infrared, thermal infrared or something else? I know you are not wanting to discuss technicalities here but I need to ask which type of images you are looking for so I can post the correct stuff. There seems to be a lot of confusion over what people are looking at in these images. Some think infrared means heat, some think it means outside of the visible red band. Some think that they are looking at a heat image whenever. someone mentions that they are imaging in infrared (which is not necessarily true at all). Some clarification would be helpful. Knowing what process is being used to capture the images would also go along way in determining what we are looking at. Perhaps you could implement a format such as what the astronomers do when they post an image. They include a header for each image or video that includes the following information:

Date, time
Seeing conditions
Device/s used (including make, model, aperture, spectral response,filtering, etc.)
modifications
mode/setup (fps, exposure settings etc.)
other relevant information

This information would go a long way in determining whether or not a person would consider pursuing further analysis of a particular image or video. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
They include a header for each image or video that includes the following information:

Date, time
Seeing conditions
Device/s used (including make, model, aperture, spectral response,filtering, etc.)
modifications
mode/setup (fps, exposure settings etc.)
other relevant information

This information would go a long way in determining whether or not a person would consider pursuing further analysis of a particular image or video. Thanks.

Great suggestion unfortunately I can't seem to edit my original post to include this info though.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have filmed this object today,It took me by surprise and although I looked at the sky as well as tracking it on screen I could not see it.But if a bird then may just have gone out of sight before I could see it. Anyway here is the video see what you think.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Your last shot actually looks like a bird to me

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I have blown up some stills but the shape does not give anything away.I think you must be right its just not clear enough to tell for certain.However I have decided that the last video is a seagull because when watched on normal player in full screen at 7-8 secs the bird opens its wings to stop before hovering.Well I am not going to give up just yet and will continue to see if I can capture something that has not got feathers

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join