It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Males against single females with children.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

My gosh Zysin Iam so glad to hear that.Iam a friend of both you and Bachelor and to see you both going at it head to head was killing me, but I didn't want to intervene.
Luv ya buddy..just keep it real.
Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah I wasn't liking it much either lol, I'm glad it's all good now. I just KNEW he was really a cool person and didn't REALLY want to be all hate'n on me lololol... Poor guy, I had his feathers all ruffled up and everything, Bachelor can be so hateable sometimes can't he? Eeeeeeeehehehehehe. Just overlook me guys, think of me as a friend that loves ya but just happens to be very opinionated. Gotta love me, I can't help myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor

Yeah I wasn't liking it much either lol, I'm glad it's all good now. I just KNEW he was really a cool person and didn't REALLY want to be all hate'n on me lololol... Poor guy, I had his feathers all ruffled up and everything, Bachelor can be so hateable sometimes can't he? Eeeeeeeehehehehehe. Just overlook me guys, think of me as a friend that loves ya but just happens to be very opinionated. Gotta love me, I can't help myself.

Ah yes Bachelor..we all just love you, you opinionated arse!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ROFL @ thread!

Another classic, JediTroll

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Kosmic.. I can only assume what you posted was nasty..enough for it to be removed by FredT. Whoever starred you is not very nice either.
If anyone should have just cause to be nasty about this thread..it should be me.
Iam not.
I want everyone to please stop attacking the poster of the thread and only address the issue itself.
Trust me when I say..he has seen the error of his ways OK?
Now cut the guy some slack and back off. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
god forbid anyone get offended or speak their mind around here, that would be tragic!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just for the record...

I still fully support the OP even if I stand alone in doing so and even if he's had a change of heart himself lol.

And I've never made a habit of seeing the error of my ways very often, you can bang me over the head but I'll never give in, nevuhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I saw what was written there before it was removed. I didn't give it a star either. It was pretty much to the point, though.

With that said, I think it's great the Jedi made an apology to you.

What about the rest of us who were offended? I don't think it was just you.

Are we getting an apology as well?

I would love to hear from him, how you say he has seen the "error of his ways," as you put it. Truely, I would love to know what turned him around on this issue.

I won't hold my breath for an apology, but I would still like to hear what he has to say.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well then you can color me gone outta this thread.
Never once did I say no one should speak their mind..just address the thread not the member.
When I said Jedi realized what he had done (Again I should not be speaking for him) he realized he was judging based on his own experience.
Instead of continuously attacking the guy..I tried to figure how how best to help him cope with what is going on in his life.
Ya'll didn't see that because it was off the boards.
Excuse me if Iam trying to be a better person here.
All of you make fun of another member which my gosh I find unreal..yet do any of you offer him advice on how to improve his life that doesn't come across as sarcasm?
If anything, THAT is where the standards around here have diminished.
'Do unto others ..."

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Jedi....
First mistake. Overtones of 'always, never, all, them, are all the same'.
That type of allegory is hyper infuriating for what you are insunating. To access 'everyones' past experience to your own is most immature. I would give a lot more thought in what you are trying to express in the future.
Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What a shame if you no longer reply, as I appreciate your input.

This is a touchy subject, and unfortunately, sarcastic replies will abound given the opening statement was a verbal assault on all single mothers, and then he continued not just with the single mothers, but others as well (men) who happen to be raising children on their own as well.

What you discussed in your private conversation should be kept private.

Also, I don't think you give many of us credit. I know that if Jedi was seeking help about his situation and asked, many people would be more than happy to help him in any way they could.

He hasn't asked for help in any way, here in the discussion. He has been looking for people to agree with him. After all, this is a rant forum.

As I said in another post, if he has changed his views, I sure would like to read what he has to say about it now.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Exactly. I will led Jedi speak for himself.
I'm out.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hello all. Jedimiller here. I wanted to start off my saying that this was somewhat of a spin off to the organization; MADD: "Women Against Drunk Drivers". I wanted to show that I was angry at females who leave the husband and take the children and I've seen it too many times. same way those mothers are angry at men who drive drunk, but that's another thread. But I was coming from my personal point of view.

And from what i've seen it affects the children deeply. My two male nephews are all messed up. and why? because they have no father. But I wanted to apologize to those woman out there that CAN actually do a good job raising children alone. Still, I feel that many people would rather have their parents not get a divorce.

Saying that, I can't help the need to apologize to those woman who do a good job and don't turn to drinking like my mother did. It's not your fault that this society accepts it. The courts take the female side and I suppose that's natural because woman can do better at raising children than men. And I'm talking from an evolution standpoint. it's known in the Ape family that the female Ape Gorilla is the one who raises the children, and the male Ape totally ignores them. So in nature, the females raise the children and they avoid the father altogether. females raising children alone has a scientific explanation.

finally, I had way too many negative reactions from the female ATS/BTS members and I undestand completely why you feel insulted. So I take it ALL back. I need to work it out with my mother and talk about it more with my family.

So I ask of the mods to lock this thread for the good of all single mothers with children who do a good job.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I appreciate you coming back to give us some details of why you feel the way you do.I still disagree that men can't raise their children as well as women can,but that isn't the premise of the thread.

Kudos to you AD for showing understanding towards your fellow man even though you disagree.

jedi,my mother was/is an alcoholic,that's why my father raised us.He fought long and hard to gain custody of us during a time when it was almost unheard of for a man to win.
If you ever need to chat,you know where the U2U button is.I've been told that I'm a good listener.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen truth

CT..thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Jedi,

After reading your story I understand why you feel the way you do, however I still feel like it is misdirected. What your single mother did is vastly different from what every single mother does.

My mother wasn't the worlds greatest mother either, and without going into great detail I can say that I have similar experiences. However unlike your case, her ex's really were scumbags and she had every right leaving them. However it always seemed like her main interest was with her personal life than raising us kids.

I feel like my situation with my kids is different. As I said before they have great relationships with their fathers and I don't think either of them feel empty inside because I am not with their father.

Therefore, I don't think it's the seperation of your parent in itself that has made your mother a irresponsible parent. It is the way your mother has conducted herself since. Having difficulty being a parent is never an excuse for alcoholism..EVER!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join