It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Males against single females with children.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First, interesting, if controversial thread.

One thing that is a bit puzzling to me - IDK, maybe I'm self-possessed, but I just don't think about what other people are doing.

I mean their -behavior- can get me upset, but usually it's when they're driving a car - badly - and I'm riding my bike. Maybe we should pay more attention to our selves, and improving same.

But, anyway...

If you think about it, how many people would live together (after a certain time) if it weren't for financial constraints?

I think a lot of marriages would, uh, 'reformulate' at various stages.

For instance just after my daughter was born, things started happening that made living together problematic.

I think our family would have gotten along a LOT better if we'd been able to live in separate houses and just visit.

We did this for a few months and let me tell you, it was GREAT!

Everyone was on pretty good behavior and we had a lot of fun going places. Then at the end of the day, I'd go home for peace and quiet. This was not when my daughter was a baby, don't get me wrong - she was about 13.

If fact once we got back together that improvement lingered to a large degree.

So just because 'society' and 'convention' (and...finances!) seem to dictate a three or four person family of father, mother, and two kids, doesn't mean it's the best way.

I have to applaud people who find a way to make it work, who still care for each other, but have the courage to make the right decisions, no matter what they are. Too bad some people have to stay in bad arrangements due to money.

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I really hoped this was going to be a thread all about...

"shoplifting the pooty!"

As it turns out it's so much worse.

JediMiller

It would appear that you have some earth shaking woman issues. I pretty sure Freud never really said this but, "Tell us about your mother!"

It's either that or "Ding" second floor... Trouser department.

Just thinking out loud here, you know what I mean?!?

Go and talk to a pro (and not a golf or tennis pro dammit!)

MonKey

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
first jedi, I wish you could make a statement and then try and back it up without hiding behind your religion. I've rarely seen you make a case for a claim based on reason.

I believe in God.

I was raised by my mom.

Worked out great for me, my dad's an ass who doesn't give a damn for anyone. Not even his parent's know where he is now. What was my mom supposed to do? chase him around the country? hook up with another guy just to give me a father figure?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Another gem from Jedi

So far, from your threads I've gathered that you don't think races should mix, and that people of different skin color should be separated as per God's will, that homosexuals are inherently against God's plan, and that their existence is wrong because of it, and that women are incapable of raising a successful child without the help of a man.....

I must say, I'm sure many women would prefer to raise a child single than have you as the father figure, and so would the child.

P.S..

The only reason I haven't ignored you yet is that your posts are so much fun to read and show to my friends. We all get a chuckle every time.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh dear here we go again

Really Jedi.. If you're going to bring religion and God into these discussions shouldn't you be wary of 'casting the first stone'?

You're a 'Christian' yet you're
"divorced",You
"pick up young chicks",you
worship false idols .(little plastic star wars themed ones"
believe in the occult "healing crystals and pyramids" "predictions"

Need I go on??

You don't want anyone to mistake your intentions & be accused of one of these do ya?

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2

en.wikipedia.org...

Just saying..

[edit on 18-3-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Jedi, I have been a single mother for quite some time. I am the especially "evil" type, two different children by two different men. My daughters father left me, for hardly any reason at all and my sons father...well we weren't really together in the first place. Even though I am not with their fathers, they have close relationships with both parents and my current fiance. They are surrounded in love every which way that they turn.

Now I have not just heard single parents complaining, I have heard many parents complaining about how hard raising children is, married or not. Raising children is the hardest thing many of us will ever have to do, and we are not perfect. All of us get frustrated and impatient sometimes.

I also disagree with the idea that women are leaving their spouses "just because". There are many things that go wrong in a marriage. We've already covered abuse, infidelity, alcoholism, and financial reasons. There is also spousal neglect. You know, the husband who spends all his free time watching sports, playing video games, hanging out with the guys and never spends time with his wife or even asks her how her day was. In a matter of fact, when you say women are leaving their husbands for "no reason" I bet thats what you were referring to. Do you know what it's like to be with someone who does not seem to care? Do you really want that attitude passed down to your children?

I have also met plenty of people whose parents were married and they were complaining about one parent or another. You should meet my brother in law, he plays the "my parents hated me" game constantly and his parents were married from 1960 until the day his father died in 1999.

I think you are upset because of your particular situation. Have you ever sat down with your mom and asked her why she left your dad?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
What pisses me off is these mother's who get divorced, leave the guy and move out with the kids. you know what I mean guys? they think they can raise their children alone with no father figure. and that's just WRONG!:bash:

Why so much hate Miller? Are you to join the darkside? The path you walk here is already the first step down the path of Darkness.
(or maybe you hate your own mother and feel like taking it out on all women.) not wise.

I guess you didnt grow up with an abusive father.. Or a drunk who would beat the hell out of you for eating an apple out of the fridge.

My mother did a wonderful job raising us kids!! And I love her with all my heart and always thank her for taking us out of that abusive home..

(Thus you laides doing what you got to do, dont let this kind of posts get you down, or make you feel what you did was wrong. You have one of the hardest jobs in the world.. I admire and have nothing but love for you tuff laides out there.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

you are generalizing. Most of those divorced mothers leave the husband because of financial issues.

hah, so you criticize one generalization, but manage to follow up with one of your own in the very next sentence. Classic Jedi, I have learned to appreciate your threads.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Umm, some kids are better off without their father. Some kids are better off without their mother. Some people just make awful parents, regardless of gender. Though there are plenty of cases where a good father or mother loses their kids.

All this stuff about God and how kids "need" their father is a tad biased. There's no black and white here. And don't even get me started on religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I can't quite figure out, what about this discussion specifically is irritating me...

The Title irritates me. "Males against single females with children"
Is this supposed to be some little club MASFWC - where men, who don't understand why single mothers choose to leave their relationships, generalize, b*tch, complain, and slam single women with children?

Originally posted by jedimillerWhat pisses me off is these mother's who get divorced, leave the guy and move out with the kids. you know what I mean guys? they think they can raise their children alone with no father figure. and that's just WRONG!

It is different in ALL situations as to why some women leave their husbands to raise their kids alone. Ideally in some cases, two parents work well together - in others, its simply not possible. Personally, If my father was: a jackass, a pedophile, a drunk, a beater, a drug-addict, or any other thing that would otherwise make him an unacceptable parent, I would have expected my mother to leave him. If she didn't, I would have some sort of complex, as if i really need the added stress of a dysfunctional childhood.

Its just wrong? WHY is it wrong for a mother/father to want the best living environment for her/his child? WHY is it wrong to want to protect your children? Last I checked, that was pretty important.

Originally posted by jedimillerWe have to put some sense into these girls who think they can raise those kids alone. God created males and females for one purpose alone.

Are YOU going to be the one to tell these mothers that it is WRONG for them to get out of dysfunctional, unsafe environment? If i have a husband who abuses my children, WHAT am I supposed to tell them? "Its okay honey, its just a little touching. It's better then living by ourselves without Daddy!" What do I tell them when they grow up thinking that sex is dirty, and unejoyable? What do I tell them when that have to see a therapist on a regular basis, to try and understand WHY I let it happen to them? Perhaps you should be the one to expalin it to these children?

Originally posted by jedimillerit's usually the female mentality.

The female mentality? That is a loaded statment. Until you're a woman, don't try and understand, speculate, analyze, or otherwise consider yourself a master of the Female mentality. In a court of law trying to insist that you "know" what someone is thinking is speculation. Its not accepted in a courtroom, nor is it accepted in a debate.

Originally posted by jedimillerI know, I had a mother who thought it would be a good idea to raise 4 children on her own.

Phone your mother. It sounds like you have some unresolved issues with her and her parenting style. I'm sure she'd love to hear your opinion about her as a mother. Maybe you should ask her WHY she thought you'd be better off without your father. She might be able to shed some light on this subject for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wanna know why my husband left me? His own words: I guess you didn't nag me enough.
I kid you not.
WTH?!
I guess my feminazi ways were just too much for him what with all that cooking, cleaning, buying him a car, etc. Left me with 3 kids to raise on my own. All that family stuff just took too much time out of his gaming concentration. He moved back home with his mom where he spends all his time reading comic books and playing video games. Sound like anyone you know?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Jedimiller

You sometimes crack me up, and I read your posts for entertainment purposes only, I think you are funny.

But saying that children from divorced families are better off with their dads is wrong. Let`s face it, 95% (I don`t have a source for this in case anyone asks, just my personal experience) of marriages fail because of us, men, we like to screw around and are usually more interested in games than in our own families. Women are better parents, and children need their moms, I know I still do, and all of my friends (late twenties early thirties) also. Women are more balanced, caring, loving creatures than us. In fact besides form brute strenght there is really nothing that they cannot do better than us.

I also believe that just like you are supposed to get a license to drive, you should be required by law to get one to procreate.

But that is another subject....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
jedi you really ARE in over your head with this one

put a little thought into your threads before you make them...this is almost offensive

i'm the product of a single mother and i'm shaping out to be a fine you adult... well thats arguable

i love my mom... she could not have done a better job of raising me...well maybe if she didn't get a divorce...but she did and honestly, i'm glad

i'm not sayin' i'm happy my parents got divorced...in a perfect world i would opt to live in a household with both my naturaul parents but this world is far from perfect, but you know that

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

....Same goes with males raising kids alone. can't be done. and if it's done, i'd be worried for the child. but you rarely see a male father raising the children alone, it's usually the female mentality. ...

My Ex wife had a Severe drug problem so I had to leave her, I also had to take my 4 year old and 7 year old.

What choice did I have? What choice did our 2 kids have?
There was only one choice to make and I made it.

I agree sooo much with you, kids need a Mom and Dad.
But sometimes life leaves you no other choice.

Sucks, but at least my kids have a stable life and a drug free environment now. I love my kids...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Jedi I am ROFLMAO.

I believe you stated once that you live with your mother. From the other threads you have started I can see why she is a bitch. She's had to put up with your stinking thinking for 35 years.

I raised both my children without their drug addicted, non supporting father. I never asked for or received one penny of child support, no welfare check, no food stamps or no other type of assistance.

Both my children are in their 30's and both have their own very successful businesses. They re both happily married and have children of their own. They are darn good parents too.

I get presents on Mother's day and Father's day.

Maybe you need to move out on your own and get away from your sisters and mother. You might learn something about the real world.

Your threads are usually amusing but this one is offensive.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
OMG! I just had like 4 people add me as their foes.

people can't handle the truth sometimes. why is it wrong for me to say that I needed a father figure? and why is it wrong for me to protect men's rights in the matter? I know, trust me I know..many of you ladies did a fantastic job raising your kids alone. You did great! but think for a moment, what if, what if you had help from your husband? wouldn't that be so much easier for you? like working as a team.

let's just say that I went to court. My wife wanted to leave me and take my kids. reason. "He drinks alot". "He spends his money with his friends".

This would be my argument in court and I dare any judge to take this case.

"Your honor, in god we trust. God wants my children to grow up with me by their side. When god gave me those children, he didn't just give them to my wife, he gave them to me too. I have the right to raise those children too. Are you going to deny god? how do you know that god doesn't want me to raise these kids? I can assure you that the only reason these kids are here on earth today is because of two people, a male and a female. And we both are responsible in god's eye to raise those kids together. if you take my children away you are against god".

What would any judge say to this? I'm ready to prove that god created man and woman to raise children together and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. there is nothing in any history book, bible or teaching that says that it's ok for single mothers to raise kids.

Lastly, bad example I know. britney spears. Single mother..left Kfed. for what reason? thought she could do it alone. can she? obviously not. in cases like these it is imperative that the husband and wife get together for bettering the kids. kfed didn't beat her up, she just left him because she wanted to be independent. and that's the problem with woman today, healthy, professional woman who think they don't need a man anymore..that they are independent.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with saying you needed a father figure!! But that's not what you've said. You've lashed out at every single mother,reguardless of what their situation is. No single case is black and white,and to say that "they all leave cos of financial trouble is laughable.

I'm going to have to take you as a parody from now on. Cos you're views (they're your views,you're entitled to have them) but your views are that of a satirical bible basher. You say that you're a Christian,and you spread love. There are several threads on here where you do everything but.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You said in that last post,that in court you said that God wants your children to grow up along side you. What you should have said is YOU want your children to grow up beside you. You keep pushing God to the front of your views and needs. It's you,you're the one who wants these things,and who holds these views. Have the courage to stand infront of what you say. Don't hide behind God.

I just read that back,and it sounds a bit like a personal attack.It isn't ment that way. What I guess I'm trying to say is,I think you come at things from a strange angle.

[edit on 19/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

"Your honor, in god we trust. God wants my children to grow up with me by their side. When god gave me those children, he didn't just give them to my wife, he gave them to me too. I have the right to raise those children too. Are you going to deny god?

Yikes! Though I think it's good, sometimes to post controversial threads, this sounds alot like those scary religious fundamentalists who deny their kids medical treatment, at least in the general tone of your comments.

Also sounds like one who considers their children as possessions, not as 'little people'.

I wish people thought of having children as a privilege and as a mission, rather than a right.

One of the worst things I've heard parents say is that mean old saw "I brought you into this world, I can take you..." well, I won't continue since most know it.

At any rate, I don't think that 'argument' if it can be called such, would float, JM. :bash:

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'll entertain you, since you have been entertaining me lately with this thread.

"Your honor, in god we trust. God wants my children to grow up with me by their side. When god gave me those children, he didn't just give them to my wife, he gave them to me too. I have the right to raise those children too. Are you going to deny god? how do you know that god doesn't want me to raise these kids? I can assure you that the only reason these kids are here on earth today is because of two people, a male and a female. And we both are responsible in god's eye to raise those kids together. if you take my children away you are against god".

What would any judge say to this?

"I appreciate your respect for the Bible, and the moral integrity you have at heart, but seeing how you have been beating your children, beating your wife, using drugs and not supporting the family financially in any way, request denied. We are also transferring you to a psychiatric clinic before facing criminal charges on aforementioned acts." - Judge

I'm ready to prove that god created man and woman to raise children together

please, do. keep in mind the definition of faith is to accept without proof, and you are undermining that bond of faith when trying to prove things of this nature. with that in mind, proceed...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by scientist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join