It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US dollar is DONE!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I am pretty sure the world would survive without America. Hell IMO we would be better off. The world doesn't evolve around America like you think. We can sustain ourselves without the help of "big brother".

The world has, and the world could survive without the US. But the world economy would not be accelerating, or growing at 4-5% yearly. Infact, the world economy would take a few steps back. It would be a poorer, more hostile world, where wars would probably be more common to settle "trade disputes," etc. The US acts as a equilibrium. Without that, many "hot spots" around the world get hotter..

[edit on 18-3-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
China doesn't need to worry about their wrecked ecology, they will be able to afford to move over here and buy all those foreclosed homes after the US economy has caved in. And they will be welcomed with open arms by the poor Americans, by those looking to unload their unaffordable homes, and by those looking for $20 a day jobs in there new US based iPod factories. Sweet win-win deal, eh? China will save America from doom, they have a plan for the US to pay off all those dollars they have piled up over there. They could probably afford to send 100 million families over here with enough cash to buy your homes right now. Don't worry, I'm sure they will save America when the time comes to do so.
There, now everybody can sleep easier tonight.

Man, I wonder how much longer the feds can keep inflating this impending catastrophe before it explodes.

Interesting isn't it too, how the Feds and the government keep helping and bailing out the bankers, and the big wall street players, all the billionaires, etc., yet they won't bail out the peasants hit by high oil prices? Amazing how GW is willing to bend over backwards and do "whatever it takes" to save his rich CEO and billionaire buddies, but not those that voted him into office? You all should be rioting in the streets! Americans have become sheeple, haven't they. I'm so disappointed with them, they will let anyone walk all over them, even their own king. SHEEPLE!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with the "collapse" it is to force US, canada and mexico to unify thier dollar duh
ive known this was gonna happen before they did the same thing in europe. Canada and mexico really dont care, nor would it matter if they did. The US is the aroogant ones who will need their dollar to collapse, and thier basic living styles taken away for a short time to let them give in the the namero or whatever they will call it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

As irregular as the 2004 election was, I have serious doubts that the votes of the poor slobs who are getting their homes foreclosed on got Bush into office.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
but, thenagain, there would eb ample oppourtunity for private investors to jump on the fallen economy to gain better control before this happens.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

The world has, and the world could survive without the US. But the world economy would not be accelerating, or growing at 4-5% yearly. Infact, the world economy would take a few steps back. It would be a poorer, more hostile world, where wars would probably be more common to settle "trade disputes," etc. The US acts as a equilibrium. Without that, many "hot spots" around the wor

The US acts more like a nanny policing the world. I can guarantee that the rest of the world would get along a lot better then they do today without the US. I'm sure a lot of other people here feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
China doesn't need to worry about their wrecked ecology,

It is not just their ecology, if you would have bothered to read my full post, you would have seen that china faces greater problems then the US currently faces.

they will be able to afford to move over here

300 million chinese live on less than a dollar a day, 800 million live on less than 5 dollars a day... What part are you having a difficulty in understanding?

and buy all those foreclosed homes

refer to my post above...

after the US economy has caved in.

Under highly unlikely circumstances that the US economy were to cave in, china would have a lot more to lose (as would the rest of the world) than it would have to gain.

And they will be welcomed with open arms by the poor Americans, by those looking to unload their unaffordable homes, and by those looking for $20 a day jobs in there new US based iPod factories. Sweet win-win deal, eh?

Don't waste my time. I do not feel like arguing with an idiot...

China will save America from doom, they have a plan for the US to pay off all those dollars they have piled up over there. They could probably afford to send 100 million families over here with enough cash to buy your homes right now. Don't worry, I'm sure they will save America when the time comes to do so.
There, now everybody can sleep easier tonight.

It appears the only one that will be able to sleep better to night, is you. You keep living in your self inflicted land of delirium if for nothing more, then to help yourself get a good nights sleep.

You all should be rioting in the streets!

No, my life is just "peachy." I'm in Kansas, life has pretty much gone on unabated.

Americans have become sheeple, haven't they.I'm so disappointed with them, they will let anyone walk all over them, even their own king. SHEEPLE!

No more then the demographically challenged Europeans who are bending over backwards for their Muslim replacements.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This thread gives me the opportunity to yell a big "R.I.P dollar bill" to the crowd , how nice this is
. It was nice to see you around for a minute big dodo.

Some people wrote here "don't be happy, the € will go down as well if the dollar collapse".Certainly true at some extent but who care?Not me.

At the end of the day the Chinese & Indians still win *tough.

When we will all be starving because our jobs are long gone to china,india, which will probably happen (the process is in "effect" since the early 80's at least) and after the 3rd world war ends, maybe the large brains we pay way too much for our interests will think twice and perhaps...perhaps figure out that capitalism is just the core of the matter.

One thing is for certain,the things i see on cnn international sickens me and that just can't be ok for much longer.In this day and age it's a shame.

As for the middle class in America i sincerely am with you, you're taking "in your face" the result of more than 40 years(yes that much) of incompetency to the highest degree coming straight from your politicians.Trillions after trillions, wars after wars they raped you all and w/o complaints apparently.I guess cnn did well its job after all.

And my warmest salutions go indeed to the ones who thought America could "offer"houses for every body.Even the ones who didn't need such "luxury"or couldn't afford the monthly payment.The way banks and the federal state played this "game" is absolutely unconceivable over here to give you an idea.The ones that have money have a house, the others rent that's how we play it over here So you've been lied and the responsibles MUST be held accountable for that mess if given the opportunity.

Well to conclude i'd say
oliticians, "don't play with "people's dreams" or you might suffer & end up six feet under.
Change your dollars in Euro a.s.a.p ! This is my advice.Dollars= nothing but thin air just remember that.

....and within 10/15 years from now, think about changing your euros in gold before changing it into Yen and ruppies ! That way you'll have a nice house!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
The US acts more like a nanny policing the world. I can guarantee that the rest of the world would get along a lot better then they do today without the US. I'm sure a lot of other people here feel the same way.

Without the US existence, the world would be speaking Deutsch. Without the US, the North Koreans would have taken over the south Koreans. The soviets, the whole of Europe, then who knows where else... The middle east would arguably be a bigger wreck then it its today, taking over Israel and starting their own holocaust against the jews. The world would be a much more volatile place. History proves this, if it weren't for America. Be glad its americans, and not the soviets...or nazis..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I for one, depend only on coin dollars..and I use them all the time.

Then you will be delighted by the new mint - it will be steel....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Stop with the immature and ignorant hatred towards this country. The USA is a great and beautiful nation, partially responsibly for some of the greatest advances in science, technology, literature, and art in the history of the world. It is my home and where my loved ones dwell. Yes, there is much corruption and wrong doing, but what country lacks that aspect? Give me an example. I am deeply saddened and I shed a metaphorical tear right now on this post for my country. It seems our enemies have somehow infiltrated, or perhaps been bred on our own soil. Our youth is drugged up beyond oblivion (especially our young males) and violence, stupidity, materialism, and self is constantly perpetuated by and on us, our economy is soon to be in shambles, if not already, the family is being torn apart, I could go on and on. I am only 23 and I've already seen a big difference here now as opposed to 10 or 12 years ago. I have a great job but I'll quit and join the CIA if it means I can help in even the slightest bit. I want my kid's kid's kids to be safe and secure on this very soil, and I pray that we get through this turbulent time period in a safe manner. To my fellow Americans, it's time we stick together and watch out for each other. Things could get rough.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Threads like this make me think some members of this thread subscribe to the motto "Embrace Ignorance." I mean, c'mon! Who here honestly believes that the abrupt collapse of the American economy would not have FAR REACHING international effects? People here look forward to worldwide economic chaos and strife. All lily-white Europeans/Americans I'm sure. Sorry guys, American hegemony has obviously turned off much of the world; but it shouldn't turn off the world's logic. For those who are about to start the party and dance around the destruction of America--go ahead, EMBRACE IGNORANCE. America may not be the sole SUPERPOWER in a decade, but to gloat over the decline of the dollar (still one of the world's strongest currencies) is just stupid. And to expect that a worldwide economic collapse is something to look forward to is just...shameful

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's amuzing to see others around the world bash the USA, because what they are doing is bashing themselves.

The USA is made up of every race, color, religion, nationality in the entire world, I think many people forget this.

This country was founded mainly on hard working immigrants that came the the USA seeking a better life for their families. I am living proof of these immigrants. The USA is far from perfect, but the majority of the people in the USA are hard working and good people.

Good hard working people can be led very easily and taken advantage of, in any country.

I love the USA what it stands for and what it will always stand for. The powers that be that are forcing the USA's economic crisis at this point but it will change for the better.

Currencies are a faith based system, the USA currency has been tested from many different angles, in spite of a currency demise we will not see an Amero nor new currency but something very unique.

No matter what kind of currency is established the cartel will always get control, unless people start to barter or exchange services.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It makes me laugh when people talk as though every person is going to be homeless living in a cardboard box by next year. Actually im curious if some of you even know what the term sub prime even means.

The reason that the housing market is in such shambles is that people who shouldnt have gotten loans for houses in the first place, were granted credit. Guess what? There will still be apartment buildings and rental properties out the ying yang. If you make 25 thousand plus, you will be able to afford at least a tiny apartment to live in. As for the mounting credit cards and such....just dont pay them if you really cant afford them....whats the worst that can happen? Your credit rating drops...booo hooo.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The bottom line here is that America has been living high and mighty, at the sake of the rest of the world. Of course, when this all started, countries like China had few options, what with an ever increasing population. At that earlier time, China had no choice but to enslave their young to work in factories assembling iToys for the hoity toity rich Americans, which sell for a pittance compared to what they would have cost to manufacture them in America by union employees which drove all their manufacturing businesses out of the country. That was then.

This is now. And if you know anything about trade imbalances, you should be able to clearly see how the value of an American dollar is seriously eroding away, and fast. Those that think the US is safe from a collapsing dollar because if it crashes, so goes the rest of the world, are kidding yourselves if you think the rest of the world is going keep accepting US dollars for everything the US imports. I say again: What good are those dollars for? What can they buy from America with them dollars that some other nation can manufacture and provide cheaper? Your own government shops for things made cheaper elsewhere now too. China ain't gonna keep making iPods in exchange for dollar butt wipe paper.

Wake up, the dollar is dying. It's chump money now. It's like a bad check. Sure, a failed US dollar and collapsed economy will hurt everyone worldwide, but the rest of the world is not stupid, they aren't going to keep slaving for nothing, no matter how big a pile of bad useless money you offer them. The game is over. Wait, you'll see. Trust me. I know. I've known for 42 years. That's how old the plan is. Big changes, equalizing changes, are coming. Denial won't stop this from happening, you'll see. The dollar is soon doomed, at least for anything you import, including OIL.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

What do you know?

My dollar spent just fine down at the store today.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A dropping dollar is still worth more than all but about 2 0r 3 other currencies on the planet..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by scrapple

We will have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough. I did grab one quick quote to simply remind viewers of the costs that were historically dragging on the US economy by the end of NIXON/FORD/CARTER.

According to the US government's Congressional Research Service, the (adj2007) Vietnam War cost the US the equivalent of $662 billion

www.spiegel.de...

I would also suggest an excellent video (if you haven’t already seen/read it) put out by PBS based on the book -Commanding Heights: The Battle for the World Economy. A local library should be able to get it for you.

As you advocate a Reagan return, you will most likely agree with its message; HOWEVER, if you do watch/read it please consider carefully how both M.Thatcher and Reagan initiated their extrication from ongoing national economic burdens of inflation and low productivity produced by "big governement" – both wrapped in the banner of Free Market Champions.

Collective aggression/fear can never be a true free market principle for those who did not ask to purchase what a few have previously wrought IMHO.

-scrap

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
The world has, and the world could survive without the US. But the world economy would not be accelerating, or growing at 4-5% yearly. Infact, the world economy would take a few steps back. It would be a poorer, more hostile world, where wars would probably be more common to settle "trade disputes," etc. The US acts as a equilibrium. Without that, many "hot spots" around the world get hotter..
[edit on 18-3-2008 by West Coast]

Do you think it would be instructive (apples to oranges) if one looked to say Bear Sterns -up until this month and its cost today as a reflection of perceived value verses actual?

And while I feel the USA has every right to contribute to a global marketplace, I wonder if you would consider the (1-2) million Iraqi civilians who have been displaced from their meager means of production - onto the struggling economies of humanitarian neighbor states - as a component of your suggested equilibrium?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Is the dollar going to disapear? The answer to that is 13.5 Trillion GNP...I think not...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join