It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US dollar is DONE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by psylence1

I'm not so sure about your analysis of the situation prior to the Euro launch. from what I remember, and I was in Europe during the switchover, the currencies stayed more or less where they were as everyone knew the Euro was coming years in advance. It's not as if they had to trick anyone into doing, it was voluntary. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it here, along with true open borders like the rest of the continent have.

Prior to the introduction of the euro, £1=3DM. It stayed the same right up until the end of the Deutsche Mark.

They pegged each native currency to the value of the euro, then had them running side by side for 18 months to allow for a gradual change.

At no point, not once, do I remember the currencies "collapsing", as you state.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Dow Industrials closed up yesterday and it is up nearly 300 today so far.

If there were an ATS award for sensationalism threads like this would be a shoe in.

OP Original Source.
The dollar hovered near record lows on Monday, with one euro worth around $1.58 versus $1.47 a month ago.

So?????????

This whole end of the dollar nonsense is based on this from the OP article.

We survived Carter. This will be a cakewalk in comparison. I hope the Prozac crowd does not create a fake run on banks. Think twice before you vote for Obama who may be another Carter in disguise.

The panic is coming from people who through their own stupidity took out mortgages they could not afford and ran up debt to buy things they did not need and now they will suffer a little pain for their own actions. People with common sense will suffer slightly, but life will go on. Life in America is pretty damn good and will remain so.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In my opinion I think the dollar is going to crash out, and they will introduce the Amero along with the North American Union to stabalize the economy. Just one more step toward the NWO.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Sleuth a star for you
The first thing I noticed upon opening this thread is how gleeful the OP is about the subject. I guess there are those that hate the USA so much, (and some that are envious), that they are willing to see all citizens of that country suffer, or get some sort of misguided pleasure from the bad news of others (some people are just so unhappy in their own lives, they get entertainment and happiness from it).

We are not going to sink to depression, the dollar is not 'done', and the USA will always continue ,no matter how many doomsdayers pray it to be otherwise.

We may hit rough times in the US from time to time, but like in the past- we'll get through it with our hard work and determination.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaminggolfer
In my opinion I think the dollar is going to crash out, and they will introduce the Amero along with the North American Union to stabalize the economy. Just one more step toward the NWO.

100% agree my friend. its just scenically created chaos at the moment. The solution to witch it really quite simple....Stop the federal reserve controlling and printing the dollar out of thin air and give the oversight back to congress - but will they! hell no... Ron Paul has the right idea to create a stable economy but no one is listening over there! I mean come on the democrats are going to walk that election in November.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
conspiracy wise someone says the usa is not mentioned in the bible?
moses in his dying words blesses the sons of israel(deuteronomy 33)

jacob/israel in his dying words also gave a prophecy of his sons(genesis 49)for the last days

when you read about joseph who had 2 sons named ephraim and manasseh you are seeing a prophecy of 2 countries that have been the most powerfull nations on this earth(deuteronomy 33:17)

he will push the peoples,all at once (2 groups of brother countries speaking the same language and allied to fight against enemies) to the ends of the earth and those are the 10 thousands of ephraim,and those are the thousands of manasseh.

if you can figure out which 2 groups of countries on this planet have exercised the most military power in defeating other countries up to now then you can understand who ephraim and manasseh are today.

to get a grasp of power try to understand that just 1 b52 bomber can carry more nuclear explosive power than all the conventional high explosives that were detonated by all the countries involved in both ww1 and ww2 combined

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The value of a currency is backed by the strength of the economy that is behind it, among other factors. The dollar may be in a slump, and our economy may be in a recession, but if you think that means "the end of the dollar," then you're dumb. America remains the strongest economy in the world, and as long as there is a strong economy behind it, then the dollar will continue to have value. BTW, the whole Bible tangent was a little inane

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's a thought I'd like to throw out for discussion on this subject: Anyone an economist or financial analyist who could contribute?

Regarding the US Dollar...we often are told how rich certain people are, not only in the US, but all over the World. So and so is worth X Billion Dollars, Y is the richest, and so on...it leads us to conclude that all of their wealth is actually IN USD, but what if these super-rich are really keeping their chips in other currencies? Of course, these accountings aren't all liquid assets either...multi-national holdings in real estate, other investments, many ways to be super wealthy.

My question now, is: Could there be a plan to ALLOW the USD to collapse in order to further the concept of NWO? I'm not taking any side on this question, just wishing someone will have knowledge and experience to answer. Point is, one could say the rich won't let the Dollar plunge since they stand to lose...but that's ONLY if they have their wealth in the USD. Does this make sense?

[spelling]

[edit on 18-3-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
if you can figure out which 2 groups of countries on this planet have exercised the most military power in defeating other countries up to now then you can understand who ephraim and manasseh are today.

Who would they be, then?

Originally posted by yahn goodey
to get a grasp of power try to understand that just 1 b52 bomber can carry more nuclear explosive power than all the conventional high explosives that were detonated by all the countries involved in both ww1 and ww2 combined

really? That's a cool fact to know, even if nuclear weapons are sooo last century... Won't even go into how obsolete the B-52 is....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

WELCOME TO THE NWO!!!

All this was planned from a while back, none of it is an "accident". They (illuminates, freemasonry, etc...) knew what they were doing for decades. Few reasons why I'm stating this. We all know that US is pushing for NAU, and for this to fully start happening the "dollar" needs to be replaced by "amero" and no one wants to do this as this will give US ultimate control over North America (US, Canad, Mexico) financial economy. So their forcing this to happen by making "dollar" worthless, this is where they will propose to us all that we need to buy Amero stock otherwise everything you own will become worthless as it was bought by "dollar", they will claim this is the ONLY way to fix this problem.

Now how does NAU and all this fit in the NWO! To accomplish this they need to get rid of "middle class", which will leave us with 95% (poor) population and 5% (rich). The richer will get richer and the middle class become poorer (among the already poor people). Technically they are doing what our civilization history teach us, that there always are few people in power and the rest "slaves", this dates thousands years back in our history.

With the 5% in control they can do what ever they want, print as much money as they want, increase food prices, gas prices, etc... and the rest of us slaving away just so that we can feed our families. Many will have to join Army, policing agencies as it is a "guarantee" job, only way to fee your family. On the bright side, they will introduce other technologies, such as "free energy", etc.. which has been held from public for many years, since money will not become an issue anymore, there will be no need to use/sell oil. This will make North America completely independent from middle east.

Eventually NAU, and EU will dictate 2/3 of the world. All they need is to cut the other 1/3 out (either by cutting import/export or/and start a war) and well these few men in power will own the entire world in their hand. Our government is simply run by Private Business men, their ONLY interest is for them to succeed.... it's a sad, dark future coming and yet we're sitting around with thumb up our bums. How much more evidence do we need before it's too late!

SOLUTION:

- For all the "logical" people; our population will be divided in couple of groups (already happening) where we got the "non-resisters" (live in denial and ignore all fact as it jeopardies their comfort zone) and the "resisters" which most likely gather up and fight the army (enforcers/protectors of the rich). After many years of long battle this many create the scenario where all the "ants" beat the 'grasshoppers"! And so we start rebuilding our world from broken peaces left behind.

- For all the "believers"; Many people that there is something changing in our world an unseen/unmeasurable force (time/4th dimension). Lot of things point to 2012 and so called "the end of time" (not end of world, just end of time as we know it). With more and more UFO sightings over the last couple of years suggest a major sighting may occur i near future, if so many people perception on life and our world will change, this change in our consciousnesses can unite majority and upon this most of the war/hate might come to an end as we realize/learn many more new ideas about our universe and so we start our exploration of the universe.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Bush has run your country into the ground, and this is more evidence of it. The dollar will plummet more and more as everything he has destroyed adds up. Think about other things as well like tourism. I used to live in the U.S. but had to get out, but I know at least 10-12 people who used to take their annual holidays in Florida, but after Bush turned it into a fortress, they no longer go...There goes the tourist money. A lot of these people I know were terrified to land in the U.S. and be forced to have their eyes scanned by machines, and fingerprinted, and in some cases put into holding areas for questioning after a 10 hour flight. All this stuff does add up, as I said and it really is destroying a country I used to love living in....

[edit on 18-3-2008 by DARKJEDIG]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Nonsense!! 1 million USD is still worth 100+ insurgents.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
We survived Carter...

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Blaine91555]

Care to reflect on the interest rates at that time - kinda bearish was it not?
But Vietnam was Carter's war - so its only right he had to pay for it.

Funny how Stagflation always seems to leave a funny taste in peoples mouths.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaminggolfer

It has to crash, it was always inevitable. You just can't keep printing the stuff up, piles of unsecured funny money, and keep tossing it out there for imported China-Mart goods and foreign oil, and expect the rest of the world to not begin to wonder if we're not just ripping them off. The US no longer makes anything that can't be purchased from another nation cheaper. And how many Americans are willing to work in factories making things as inexpensive as China can to trade with the world in return, and to pay down the national debt?

At some point in time every nation the US trades with are going to wise up and stop accepting that worthless US funny money for their exported goods and services. And when that day comes, the payback begins. Soon, the US will have to settle up this debt it owes the world, and the only thing they will have to offer are her slaves (you all) and her lands (your homes). Then global justice will prevail.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
NEW WORLD ORDER!

This is all falling within their plan.

No need to get worried, this has been the plan for ages.

Do you see any higher ups concerned?

NO

Why?

Because the AMERO is going to be the new currency.

Implementing Canada America and Mexican currency.

Its already been decided....

How did anyone not see this coming?

Its going on behind the scenes right in front of our faces!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
well, i'm not in the exchanging business. I've lived in the US a long time and I've never had to exchange the dollar.

Perhaps this is why you don't fully appreciate the situation nor understand what the experts are saying. I have traveled abroad and I have family in various places overseas. It is SERIOUS, especially for those living in the States but it will effect other countries as well.

Unless you buy G.W. Bush's "everything is fine, just a little rough patch" folksy rhetoric in which case you won't see what is about to hit you.

dollar still good in mexico...

Oh Miller...that's not saying an awful lot now is it.

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
This collapse is manufactured. The 'American Empire' will only fall and be absorbed in to a bigger and more powerful empire.

Exactly!

I'm an American and I have no illusions about this nor am I blindly holding on to the hope that our currency will rebound. I certainly don't believe all other nations are celebrating our impending disaster. I'm no nationalist I am a realist.

Here is what I believe:

The dollar will die as planned.

The States will fall into turmoil (a major terror strike would be another way to exacerbate this inevitability and is probably already in the works) and we will slowly combine with Canada and Mexico but still it will be made clear that we need more assistance.

The EU will bail the combined North America out of the chaos only as a part of itself.
No more Constitution as a new draft that relates to the new union will be created.

We become one.

Then we will become history.

I don't mean the written down kind.
The dollar will die just as most of mankind.

Peace.

- Lee

[edit on 18-3-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Regarding the US Dollar...we often are told how rich certain people are, not only in the US, but all over the World. So and so is worth X Billion Dollars, Y is the richest, and so on...it leads us to conclude that all of their wealth is actually IN USD, but what if these super-rich are really keeping their chips in other currencies?

Just because they say they are worth X$, it doesnt mean they have that amount in their bank account, if someone was worth X Million yen, would you know how wealthy they really were?

They only say they are worth X$ because that is a universally recognised currency, when the dollar crashes, the Euro will probably be the currency quoted, it doesnt mean everyone has switched to having Euros in their accounts.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Dear Sleuth,
Try not to be too disheartened, there are many of us over here that have a great deal of sympathy for you all, as we too have a Government that treats us with contempt and does all manner of iniquitous things in our name without consent too.
I sincerely hope the Dollar survives and wish the American People nothing but the best. We both need not only a change of Government but many of our Politicians need to be brought to Justice, or nothing will change for the better, ever!
God bless you all,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well looking at the stock market right now, the dollar has risen quite a bit, so in the 3 upcoming months, the value of it will be raised.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessit

Today it probably rose due to the Fed's actions. I wouldn't take a few days worth of market data as indicative. Look at the longer trend:

OVER THE PAST MONTH COMPARED TO THE POUND STERLING:

OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS COMPARED TO THE POUND STERLING

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join