It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US dollar is DONE!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i thin k they keep killing the combull to lure the last of the suckers into the market before they pull the plug. think how much fiat currency will get flushed if they draw everyone in

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Everyone holding US dollars, domestic or abroad, be them actual paper funny money, or digits on deposit in some computer, or any other kind of paper promise valued in dollars, are going to be hurting. There is so much stinking cheating going on, and so much of that funny money has flown out the window. The rest of the world could now crash the US economy simply by declaring they don't trust the stuff any more. What a plan, eh? Takes the heat off the Feds and your government. "It's China that has caused our demise." B.S. of course. Credit, funny money, and the cheaters, caused this. Time to pack ones bag with gold and move to Switzerland. Or, invest in bars of Twinkies, they'll be a tasty alternative to soylent green while they and you all last, ha. And hide, hide where not even the dogs can find you. Combined, the declining value of the dollar, along with the receding economy, massive unemployment is just around the corner. Everything will fall like dominoes.

Beautiful, the de-industrialized and de-populated world will be.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

You know the world will be de-populated and de-industrialized how?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I've lived in the US a long time and I've never had to exchange the dollar. So this is not affecting the regular people who live here in the states. it may affect the rich who travel overseas but I wouldn't worry to much about them..and it may affect the person who's into exchanging dollars to make a profit. but who cares about investors who are out to get rich. the point is, unless we travel to an expensive tourist area it doesn't matter.

Yes it does matter. The US imports much of what the US uses. As the dollar is decreasing in value, those items, resources and services will become (much) more expensive. The companies will not bear the cost. They will pass it on to you, the American consumer.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
You know what I really think? you guys wish the dollar was worth nothing! is that a way to get back at the united states? to throw it on our face? But hating on the dollar because it comes from america only shows you will do anything to destroy it. Ibet many europeans would cheer if the dollar was done. heck, they will probably have pinata parties and have monthly celebrations. I for one, depend only on coin dollars..and I use them all the time.

I believe the dollar slide has been carefully orchestrated. The US has massive foreign debts; loans it has taken in other countries. Those loans has to be paid back. Any other country would have had to take those loans in the currency of the country of the lender, but the US has managed to take those loans in their own currency.

Now those loans have to be paid back.

If the dollar decreases in value, the loans will suddenly become much cheaper. With a carefully orchestrated super-inflation, the loans can be paid back for next to nothing. And once done, the dollar can easily be replaced with another currency (the "Amero" for example, about which the president of Mexico has already talked on CNN).

The rest of the world depends so much on the dollar that it wouldn't make it any good to have a worthless dollar. A weak dollar is mostly in the interest of the US (but not in the interest of US consumers).

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I understand from your post, which summarises a lot of what I have heard before just had not assimilated, that EU and UK are now better positioned to withstand any fall out from a decline in the US economy etc, but surely the subsequent domino effect will still affect us quite severely.

Up unitl recently I had quite a bit of faith in the strength of our economy, (for all Brown's faults as a leader he was an excellent Chancellor), now I am just not so sure.

I fear that the Sterling will go the way of the dollar and the Euro will come out the stronger as euroland (the countries using the Euro as their currency) are far more diversified than the US or the UK.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
There is a distinct possibility that Lehman Brothers will go down as well as they don't have a diversified business which is quite similar to that of Bear Stearns.

I feel that the downturn of Bear Sterns os mostly due to market manipulation. Remember 9/11? Somebody took huge short positions in the US airlines the weeks before it happened and made a fortune selling those positions the minutes afterwards.

Now it appears that somebody did the same with Bear Sterns. The SEC is currently investigating.

Times Online
Wall Street Journal

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Without the US existence, the world would be speaking Deutsch. Without the US, the North Koreans would have taken over the south Koreans. The soviets, the whole of Europe, then who knows where else... The middle east would arguably be a bigger wreck then it its today, taking over Israel and starting their own holocaust against the jews. The world would be a much more volatile place. History proves this, if it weren't for America. Be glad its americans, and not the soviets...or nazis..

Surely you mean "without the existence of the UK, France and Russia" as Germany would otherwise have won WW1.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
moniker you know that no nation has ever paid off it's debt in full.

The u.s will not be the first.

Debt forgiveness, defauting, or as you suggested, debasing the currency to a level that makes the debt much more servicable ( at least easier to pay intrest) are all options.

very interesting year or two ahead for the dollar, the bond and stock markets, commodity's, etc

also that since the u.s has changed the way they calculate inflation (not just excluding food and energy) but changing calculations and weights for other variable's, the u.s effectively politicized the numbers to in effect make a -2 GDP (recession) look like a plus one or two in GDP. so long as the wealthy are doing well it becomes politically easy to pull this off. remember GDP is inflation adjusted, so by surpressing (manipulating) inflation numbers by 3 or so% , "inflation adjusted GDP" get's the same boost. remember wall street and the financials are a confidence game, and they are famous for being able to put lipstick on any pig.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
i thin k they keep killing the combull to lure the last of the suckers into the market before they pull the plug.

Kill the Bull...Fatten the Calf. In the interim, it resembles a combination of Chinese Water Torture and Death By A Thousand Cuts.

In terms of commodities, the same top-callers were out in force back in 2006

Horrendous technical damage, but after a seven month chop it was back in the saddle. Granted, when it comes to sleuthing major dislocations...I'm Inspector Clouseau, but I really don't anticipate a 'combear' here...food shortage potential, war premiums, the oil/dollar thingy, emerging market growth, and several large fund players on the horizon *see the Calpers link below* At worse, a languishing correction - global slow-down effect...precious metals exempted of course.

Anyways...no sacred cows in Jim Rogers barn, after he rips the Fed apart again, he moves on to Bear Stearns et al. Interesting that he's more bullish financials than he was a couple months ago...says he'll buy the banks at $8...before, it was $5. Commodities commentary begins around the 9:25 mark. Bloomberg Vid from Singapore *Not the one previously posted*

Calpers approves big increase in commodity investments

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
moniker you know that no nation has ever paid off it's debt in full.

Yes I know that, but the foreign debt of the US is among the largest, if not THE largest, in the world. And the lenders are now asking for the US to pay off at least some of that debt. In dollars.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
You know the world will be de-populated and de-industrialized how?

I helped to design and implement the plan. I am also one of many visiting shaman that helped to put the curse upon humanity. (don't worry, your belief is not required). The party is over. Humanity will be stopped before they destroy the entire planet.

Humans have become totally dependant on the industrial machine that takes care of them. The industrialized era houses them, cloths them, warms them, feeds them, tells them what they can and can not do, and how to do it or not do it, and how much you have to pay for it all.

You've condemned your children to the same future too? The unborn have no choice either? Who is to pay for your so-called national debt when you are gone? Who is to clean up all this mess? Who is to restore the damage done to the Earth and her decimated extinct species that have been polluted and plowed over by the so-called righteous humans and their party down good times?

The world economy will be crashed because it can be, and must be, and will be, regardless of the means to stop humanity anyhow. The whole monopoly board is lopsided and easily tipped over now. Tip it over and it will all come crashing down. It's all balancing on the edge of timber right now. All that needs to happen now is for someone to yell fire sale of the US dollar on a crowded planet and the oil and China-Mart goods will trickle to a stop. Everything else will tumble like dominoes as a result. Madness and chaos and desperation will follow next, as millions search for food and fight over scraps. That's how. The nature of humanity will feed upon itself to do itself in.

Wait, you'll see ~ the collapse of the dollar will bring the oil to a trickle, and that will trip up the industrial machine world and the infestation will begin to disappear. And the planet will be better for it. This has all been foretold before elsewhere already. Now it's happening. Good riddance, humanity!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Surely you mean "without the existence of the UK, France and Russia" as Germany would otherwise have won WW1.

No, don't try and spin my words. And I find it amusing that you would even mention the cowardice french...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bear Stearns unwinds Long Gold/Short Treasuries positions

It's here in this special weekend audio report from Korelin Economics.

The question on everybody's mind last week: 75bp rate-cut = Dollar-rally

I feel like I'm finally back in Kansas.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All i know is something bigs going down, you cant turn the earth into plastic forever. Just look out at the traffic lines and tell me that it looks ok,
Chinas going to but the final nail in.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Bear Stearns unwinds Long Gold/Short Treasuries positions

It's here in this special weekend audio report from Korelin Economics.

The question on everybody's mind last week: 75bp rate-cut = Dollar-rally

I feel like I'm finally back in Kansas.

thats a good piece of the puzzle IMO but i think their is more to the takedown in commodity's, perhaps to punish those who stray from the fiat game. Crude oil went down big so did wheat futures.

central banks have been co-ordinating lately and i think they may have co-ordinated in the currency markets to buy dollars, which would also crush commodity's.

i like how they said JP morgan basically is the fed.

Also since the fed only controls the short term of intrest rates, i wonder if our mideast shiek buddy's agree to buy long term debt (30 year bond's)from the cayman island's (keepin 30 year rates artificially low) in exchange for Jp morgan/us fed continuing to cut interest rates which weaken the dollar and put more money into our shiek friends pockets, since other country's may be slowing their treasury purchases.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
unfortunately this shouldn't be news to anyone... however the implications of the dropping dollar are quite large... as we can already see with rising oil prices, which is basically a result of the diminishing value of the dollar. We will be ok though as long as China doesn't adopt the Euro, when that happens America's economy is going to be #ed

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Hi cp. Short on details, and I'm still unable to verify, but yeah, it would make sense especially with respect to the Dollar rally. Also, it's possible that BSC would have broad exposure to commodities not just Gold...but particularly oil.

Regarding Gold, apparently John Meriwether (Long-Term Capital Management founder) was faced with huge redemptions last week in connection with a couple of his billion dollar hedge funds. Some speculation that he was liquidating also.

If you're not already familiar with Don Coxe from BMO Capital, I think you might appreciate his calm, sober, well-grounded commentary. I've come to rely on his weekly webcast. This weeks presentation sheds clarity on the BSC rescue, the structure & health of the financial industry, the direction and rationale of Federal Reserve, and the current state & future for commodities. Don takes questions at the 30:00 mark....worthy.

The latest

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Is this the moment when America finally discovers the meaning of the Faustian pact it signed so blithely with Asian creditors? As the Wall Street Journal wrote this weekend, the entire country is facing a "margin call". The US has come to depend on $800bn inflows of cheap foreign capital each year to cover shopping bills. They may have to pay a much stiffer rent.

As of June 2007, foreigners owned $6,007bn of long-term US debt. (Equal to 66pc of the entire US federal debt). The biggest holdings by country are, in billions: Japan (901), China (870), UK (475), Luxembourg (424), Cayman Islands (422), Belgium (369), Ireland (176), Germany (155), Switzerland (140), Bermuda (133), Netherlands (123), Korea (118), Russia (109), Taiwan (107), Canada (106), Brazil (103).

telegraph.co.uk

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaints2012
yes but if the US dollar loses its value, all the importers that bring in food have to pay more in dollars for those products from overseas and to make back their extra costs sell it for more at the till - directly affecting YOU.

You're right. Due to an increase of the amount of Dollars available, demand will fall and thus the Dollar will depreciate. Production of goods and services won't increase, thus making the prices of food and other stuff you buy on a daily basis, more expensive. Your purchase power will be decreased.

In Europe, especially German businesses competing with US businesses on the world market suffer as a consequence of the weak Dollar. The US businesses are able to compete better and sell their products and/or services for respectively lower prices.

On the other hand, (precious) metals, and other (natural) resources such as oil become less expensive due to their devaluation in Dollars.

With regards to oil. The weak Dollar also directly effect you as the rich oil sheiks don't care about you losing purchasing power, as long as they don't That's the mere reason they are increasing the price oil (or keeping the output on a constant level) - so that they will maintain their purchase power.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join