It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angel, the Series - the Last Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
On again, this am for the umpteenth time thanks to TNT, here.

I continue to be amazed at the writing of Joss Whedon and miss him a lot.

Hope they get the 'Buffy' or 'Angel' cast (or both) together for a full-length feature movie.

Anyway, that last ep was so great in almost every scene, from the touching moment between Wesley and Illyria/Fred ("Do you want me to lie to you now?"), to Angel learning of the way to decapitate WR&H:

HAMILTON: The Wolf, Ram, and Hart. Their strength flows through my veins. My blood is filled with their ancient power.
ANGEL: (smirks) Can you pick out the one word there you probably shouldn't have said

When I first saw it I immediately noticed the parallel to one of my fave eps of 'BtVS'.

I'll wrap this post with an incantation to perhaps sway the 'movie gods'.

>(phonetically)
Sha me-en-den

'we are heart'

>Gesh-toog me-en-den

'we are mind'

>Zee me-en-den

'we are spirit'

>Oo-kush-ta me-ool-lee-a ba-ab-tum-mu-de-en

'from the raging storm we bring the power of the primeval one'

>Im-a sheg-ab.

'heat/boil the wind'

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Anyway, that last ep was so great in almost every scene, from the touching moment between Wesley and Illyria/Fred ("Do you want me to lie to you now?"), to Angel learning of the way to decapitate WR&H:

Are you kidding?!

Season 5 was terrible, and the finale especially terrible!

Let's just kill off the whole cast why don't we???

Plus they completely botched the whole "Nyazian prophecies" storyline, where Angel could have potentially won his humanity back and reunited with Buffy.... GRRR!! :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Are you kidding?!

Joss Whedon Speaks:

Joss Whedon’s stated point of view, is that it is not his job to tell
the story the fan’s “want” but what they “need”, though he admits
criticism “affects” him:

Joss:
“It always affects me. At the same time, I need to give them what
they need, not what they want. They need to have their hearts broken.
They need to see change.
They hated Oz, and then they hated that
he left. These things are inevitable. If people are freaking out, I'm
good. If people are going, "Hmmm...well, that was fine," I'm
[old anglo-saxon term omitted].”

(Whedon, 2002)

- from an article by Gwyn Symonds

Season 5 was terrible, and the finale especially terrible! Let's just kill off the whole cast why don't we???

Especially terrible, or terribly upsetting? There's a difference.

Hmm. You did know that UPN had canceled the show.

They didn't kill off the cast on screen, you know. We just see them running forward into the fray. Of course they were killed. That's Joss. Did it make you angry? If yes, then to him 'mission accomplished'. What was the title of that ep? Take a minute and look it up. You'll understand then, I think. (*)

Plus they completely botched the whole "Nyazian prophecies" storyline, where Angel could have potentially won his humanity back and reunited with Buffy....

Well, either you have not yet read the Nyazian Prophecies FAQ, or perhaps the writers were running out of ideas.

Besides, Angel, with his humanity, is about as dangerous as any normal human. Oh, wait, without it, he -is- a normal human. I doubt he'd have a very long lifeline after that happened.

Did you see the interview, recently where SMG talked about coming back and doing a Movie?

(*) Final Episode - Angel

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
They didn't kill off the cast on screen, you know. We just see them running forward into the fray. Of course they were killed. That's Joss. Did it make you angry? If yes, then to him 'mission accomplished'. What was the title of that ep? Take a minute and look it up. You'll understand then, I think. (*)

Yes they did kill off half the cast on screen. Cordy dies for sure in Season 5, so do Fred and Wes.

Sure there's a chance Angel or Spike or Gunn could survive the big final battle, but that's still no excuse to kill off Cordy and Wes! :bnghd: (Fred I could live without hehehe)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

So by having them all go out with a 'bang' (or survive heroically) the title:

"Not Fade Away"

I think the fans would ultimately object if everyone got cottages with white picket fences; though it would have been cool to end in a variation of this:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The comic picks up after the final season. Has a picture at the beginning of the gang with the dragon's head mounted behind Angel's desk.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Really, so they all survive that big battle in the alleyway? (Except for Cordy and Wes of course)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

So far as I can tell, didn't really pick up on the comic. I do know from a sample that Angel kept going out with the werewolf gal, and got turned back into a puppet at one point.

new topics

top topics

join