It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sends Putin 'very serious letter'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hello,

Far be it for me to poke my nose it, but....

Im not sure you guys are seeing this quite right.

A letter is a permant record, and its now in Putin's posesson. What this means to my mind is that it either contains info that Bush doesnt mind getting out in to the public arena, or it contains something Putin would never release. I suppose that works both ways.

So for me most of whats been put forward in this thread is highly unlikely. War plans could be blown, iffy deals over oil would be damaging to both.

It has to be be soemthing so long term and serious that both sides would have no question in keeping it secret.

If it were a phone call or a personal conversation it could easily be any of the stuff posted here, but the fact that its a letter, a permant record, suggests soemthing quite different.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foo_Poster
It has to be be soemthing so long term and serious that both sides would have no question in keeping it secret.

If it were a phone call or a personal conversation it could easily be any of the stuff posted here, but the fact that its a letter, a permant record, suggests soemthing quite different.

Well some of us have hinted as ET Disclosure, i would place that within that long term 'serious' category.

If you disagree what do you suggest it could be?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No idea. And Im not saying any one is wrong as such.

The China thing sounds good. But most of whats been suggested leaves Bush vulnerable. The rest of it is bad for Putin.

The best I can come up with is pretty boring. Trade. I reckon Bush is threatening Putin over or with trade. So, something like the missile defense or invasion of Iran, both of which are general issues, being traded against future trade with the US. If Putin backs down, he won want to admit to backing down and disclousure doesnt harm Bush.

I dont think its immediatly dramatic.

However, I do think its worth considering the fact that it was a letter and not another form of communication and the fact that hard written communication is hard proof of 'something' that could be disclosed. And this of couse can leave both open. Mostly the writer of the letter.

Of course, like everyone else, Im just guessing.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
reply to post by SilentShadow

Why would Bush have to watch out for big brother? Isn't he big brother? or is he little brother> How old is Jeb?

It is not a literal "big" bother, and he IS older than Jeb.

THey mean the deep dark secret ultra-controlling black-ops Illuminatae Skull & Bones, Bohemian Grove few VERY few men who TRULY control the world.

That's what they mean. Any and/or all of the above.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88
I have a friend that works at the white house and he told me that stuff is going to hit the wall this weekend. He couldn;t tell me what, but did say it was big real big. I think the letter was Bush telling him that he might go into Iran soon

Maybe Christ is coming back this weekend? I mean, it is Easter after all.

What ever the letter is about, it must be serious. I think it’s something big, possibly ET discloser, something to do with NWO, or possibly .ing for Iran.

Who knows?

PS: If you get any more info from your mate at the white house let us all know as soon as possible, and I guess we’ll all be waiting for something this weekend.

Mikey

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Actually I think the letter was a reference to the missile defense system being implemented in Europe.

This newest article by BBC even discusses the recent communication between Russia and Washington.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88
I have a friend that works at the white house and he told me that stuff is going to hit the wall this weekend. He couldn;t tell me what, but did say it was big real big. I think the letter was Bush telling him that he might go into Iran soon

I believe this post had some sort of influence on my sub-conscious as i attribute this post to my dream last night of an alien invasion happening this weekend.

How extremely odd lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
How serious of a letter can it be?

Dear pootie...

[edit on 20-3-2008 by grover]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why do people keep mentioning threats??

Putin doesn't seem like he's easily intimidated, and since his response was "If we manage to reach agreement on its basic provisions, then we can state our dialogue is proceeding successfully," it's safe to assume the letter was not hostile...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Why do people keep mentioning threats??

Putin doesn't seem like he's easily intimidated, and since his response was "If we manage to reach agreement on its basic provisions, then we can state our dialogue is proceeding successfully," it's safe to assume the letter was not hostile...

Well like i said earlier in the thread. A letter is the worst form of threat Bush could give as all Putin has to do is show the world. If a threat was to happen it would be face to face or on a certain secure line.

The letter had to contain something Bush know Putin will NEVER reveal, or it is not really that important of a letter. The latter though does not seem feasible because of the secrecy of a hand delivered letter in this modern age.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Could be about:

Hand power over temporarily to another country for when something big goes down. Appoint a command in chief from another country.

^^If this is the case then it's because of an inside problem that must be dealt with.

Believe in Life Row East, maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I

What would necessitate a hand delivered letter of that much importance?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

I doubt it. He probably used the letter for toilet paper. He most likely backed down because it was not effective for his public image. These insane ego ridden tyrants usually will only respond to a threat if a threat is serious. Putin knows we are busy getting ready for war with Iran and doubtfully will take any action as there is no time to deal with Russia. Personally I think he milked the missile shield for as much as he could get and now that its dry as a bone and he only got a "serious" letter- he is onto other things which may grab him a .line or two.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
in retrospect of the more recent events...doesnt this ''note'' make you wonder about whats really going on...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe it is offering them a "cut" of there oil spoils from Iran, for one million dollars. (cue Dr.Evil laughter).

edited

[edit on 28-8-2008 by all2human]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

this was back in march...before this 'crisis'. Thats why Im trippin on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

LOL God Damnit, you beat me to creating a letter!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

You think it was a letter outlining some deal to inform Russia that Georgia was about to declare war?

I have to admit, the letter did enter my mind a few times during the Russian-Georgian conflict.

But we don't know what's on it, so we can't be sure.

For all we know, serious could be; "Dear Ruskies... don't try using nair on lower extremities, VERY itchy. You've been warned!"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
reply to post by iiinvision

You think it was a letter outlining some deal to inform Russia that Georgia was about to declare war?

I have to admit, the letter did enter my mind a few times during the Russian-Georgian conflict.

But we don't know what's on it, so we can't be sure.

For all we know, serious could be; "Dear Ruskies... don't try using nair on lower extremities, VERY itchy. You've been warned!"

It just seems odd. Like you, several times throughout this conflict, this thread has crossed my consciousness, but it was this thread that made me go find it.

I don't think this situation will get serious until after elections or until one of the candidates is sworn into office. For now, I believe that all we are going to get is just foreshadowing and more fear mongering.

The part about both of their legacies definitely has to make one wonder if all of this is simply a charade...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join