It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sends Putin 'very serious letter'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Two bullies always duke it out first then become friends. Thats just how it is and unfortunately thats what will happen. Letters like this are disturbing because they will by-pass all intelligence services. Maybe they think they have a problem with spies from China, No I know they do and thats probably the reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I believe we had a discussion about the relations between our countries not too long ago, let's hope this is a step in the right direction. Like you said, both country's stand to gain if we can cooperate.

As good as cooperation sounds - you know this "letter" might just as well contain more threats, with either side arrogantly presuming its strategic dominance over some issue such as the ABM system. Of course Putin's optimistic reply would seem awkward given that this is nothing more than an exchange of threats, but then there is no predicting what spin Russia is trying to give to all this.

As much as I would like to see some good-natured and mutual cooperation, I remain largely pessimistic. Even if this is going to lead to "cooperation" it will likely not be because of honest friendship but due to nessacity. As such it will be short-term, with one side trying to con the other.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Ah yes, I forgot about your bright outlook on things. How bout I hope for the best, and you expect the worst, and maybe the outcome will end up somewhere in the middle, which has to be better than it is now.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
As good as cooperation sounds - you know this "letter" might just as well contain more threats, with either side arrogantly presuming its strategic dominance over some issue such as the ABM system.

I doubt the letter would contain a threat. A threat would have to be verbal which minimises the chance that it could be shared with the rest of the world.

If the threat was in writing, then Putin would just have to show some other leaders around the world the letter in order to gain protection from whatever the threat was in the first place.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe Bush was letting Putin know about some lower-priced hookers in NYC (than the 5k/hour one Spitzer was using)...?

"Dude, I found some BOMB bittys for less than 3k/hour! -- come take some shots of Smiroff with me and lets tear up the town before our terms in office are up! Giddy-up! Yeee-haww!"

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have a friend that works at the white house and he told me that stuff is going to hit the wall this weekend. He couldn;t tell me what, but did say it was big real big. I think the letter was Bush telling him that he might go into Iran soon

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
D'ya suppose your friend could at least elaborate on whether this is "Tell your enlisted friends you love them" hitting the wall, "Get the heck out of the stock market" hitting the wall, "Go ahead and write a few bad checks to stock up on canned food" hitting the wall, or "Make your peace with God" hitting the wall?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88
I have a friend that works at the white house and he told me that stuff is going to hit the wall this weekend. He couldn;t tell me what, but did say it was big real big. I think the letter was Bush telling him that he might go into Iran soon

I too would like some more information on this. You can't tease us like that lol. Do you know anything that they told you not to say? or were even you not privvy to that information?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

why are you being so mean? I was just telling you what I know. Don;t get mad at me, its just me telling you what my friend said.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Considering most of Bush's letters to Russia are written on Hooters napkins and tied to a balloon, I'm surprised Putin even got the message.

Brilliant, loved it! Decider numbnuts sent a letter, this job of his brings him back to his childhood days. I wonder if Cheney wrote it for him and he just signed it?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If it were all that important, and secret, then why are we discussing it here in open forum? If it were all that, wouldn't they have kept it top secret and just passed the letter without fanfare? I don't know I don't trust it. But still it gives me a bad feeling just the same as all their encounters.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

I really think it was an earnest question. Just looking for some parameters here. "Real Big" could mean anything these crazy days.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

He couldn;t tell, just said it was big. I will let everyone know when I find out. I just hope I know before this weekend. Sorry for just throwing out there, just letting people know.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
If it were all that important, and secret, then why are we discussing it here in open forum? If it were all that, wouldn't they have kept it top secret and just passed the letter without fanfare? I don't know I don't trust it. But still it gives me a bad feeling just the same as all their encounters.

Well it was done secretly... it was Putin who decided to tell the world. Bush didn't come out and tell the world he sent a serious letter to Putin. Maybe Putin was hinting that it is indeed serious and wanted the world to know but he couldn't and this was the closest he could get to doing so.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
and the last card, the last card... the last card is the alien threat!!

what you said reminded me of carol rosin from the disclosure project:

00:47---
"..there is a lie being told to everyone.. that the weaponisation of space is now first being based upon the evil empire of the russians.. there are many enemies, he said, against whom we are building these space based weapons system. the first of whom was the russians which were existing at that time. then there will be terrorists, then there would be third world countries (now we call them rogue nations or nations of concern), than there would be be asteroids, and then, he would repeat to me over and over: and the last card, and the last card will be the extraterrestrial threat!"

2:55---
"and i am expecting the spin to happen bacause he also explained to me that (as a military strategist, as a person who worked on the mx missile which i did later) that you will find, that there is going to be a spin to find some enemy against whom we have to build space based weapons and now, we should expect the spin, because he said a part of the formula in the intelligence community is they might have these weapons that we have to suppose they do have these weapons,so now they do have these weapons so now we have to build these weaponss systems and thats the formula, except that it all is based on a lie."

@silent shadow
your signature makes me think fruit flies are back.. its getting summer and i was going to take a paper and smack them away.. but then i looked at it and found its you signature. hmm..

[edit on 18/3/2008 by rxnnxs]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A real big problem/question I have is where is the MSM? Shouldn't some news hack ask a question about this in a press conference? The administration has been skeezing tons of face time in the media this week trying to pretend to be out in front of this economy debacle.

Hey MSM - DO YOUR JOB! Oh yeah, I forgot, it is your job to make their job easier.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Bush,promises to back off on Kosovo and Putin lays off the the missle shield?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In my opinion, the letter stated that both countries have a common enemy in China, and this is the real purpose of the missile defense system. The letter would have gone on to say that Russia's future lies with the West, and that the US is willing to help the Russians work towards this goal (perhaps Russia joining NATO). Once this has been achieved, Russia will be involved and/or consulted in future decision making. This would have been the legacy Bush was referring to.

[edit on 19/3/08 by Cthulwho]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

Sorry, I wasn't being mean! I really want to know. If he can't give us details that's fine, but try and see if he can give us a 1 to 10 scale or something. At least ask him if he thinks paying off my car loan would be a waste of time. :-)

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Think someone can keep track of this and re-post if it escalates? Or send me info please?

I seem to think this is extremely important.

BtW, why does people think ET's are harmful...if they can visist our planet then im more then sure they can destroy us with out any problems from a Missile Defense. Hell if they were harmful im sure they would have got rid of us a long time ago.

EDITED TO ADD,
The guy above me has a GREAT point and even though i really distrust and dislike Russia (only because of its current leadership and government) i would seriously like the idea stated above my comment to happen/take place. If this was the true idea and reason for the letter i wouldn't mind Bush staying in office just until its done. Other then that im glad hes leaving office.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Mr.x211]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join