It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sends Putin 'very serious letter'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So the guy with about 5 people behind him is trying to tell the guy with 50 million people behind him how to do things?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
... doesnt this seem kinda strange?
like a '' can be denied '' later thing?

What happened to the red phone?
What happened to representatives?

This isnt normal practice, which means, the message didnt contain a normal request/order/idea

''I have no conflict with chechnya, serbia or eastern europe, so long as you dont have conflict in iran ''

possible? but not likely.

but this letter must of contained something unique, for it to be sent like this.

which begs the question.. was putins response the right response? was he meant to sent out that message via media to kick off what ever the letter entailled?
Or did he blow the cover, and reveal that Bush and co are trying something outside the normal means of communication for the degree of deniability.

Lets watch the economy tonight..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Considering most of Bush's letters to Russia are written on Hooters napkins and tied to a balloon, I'm surprised Putin even got the message.

now THAT made me laugh out loud

I can even picture him sat at his desk with the crayons and a look of utter concentration on his face

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My question would be whether or not such a letter would be subject to FOIA? How much time has to elapse before someone could request the document? Granted, all but "Hello" and "Sincerely" would probably be blacked out for national security reasons but it would be interesting nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just got to wonder when it's all going to go down, and exactly what sort of scenario will actually play out. So many things right now can go bad, the water wars, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Terrorism, weather manipulation, pole shift, man, we are actually living in the last of the good times right now, and I truly believe that very soon, one of the above or something else entirely, will happen to bring about some very hard times for most of us.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I always knew that if Russia was no longer left out of decisions, we would get along with them just fine. I'm sure the letter had to do with a host of issues, from the missile shield to Iran. It probably had to do with backing off the missile shield, and giving Russia a piece of Iranian oil, or something. Russia has no love for Iran and if they are promised a better deal, they'll probably help attack them. All governments are SO corrupt...

oh yeah, that letter was GREAT Evasius.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Possible contents of letter: " Hey Vlad, you want 1/2 of Irans' oil?, just look the other way when we and Israel provoke Iran into a shooting war. By the way, I've got to dump my Dollar holdings before the collapse, sell me a stake in GAZPROM!!" P.S. "See you at the Lodge"

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
naw, it was regarding Kosovo and Serbia, GW was road mapping for Putin his responses based on certain actions Putin may take in the future.

Sort of like cheating at chess knowing your opponents move in advance since he is telling you next I will move the "Bishop" then I will move the "Queen" to here, you in turn take my "Pawn 1" and move your "knight" here so you show some strength in your position. Then next you move your "x" here so I can look like I have bargaining power with your "knight".

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't think he's sending messages about the upcoming UFO invasion. I would put my money on the fact he's just confirming that his room in the secret underground bunker is ready. Ready just in time for the global collapse of the economy.

Spritzer was gathering and training women as prostitutes and house keepers until he was busted. What will they all do now? Back to playing risk I guess.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is only one agency I can think of that Bush did not want to intercept this message. The Mossad. He knows they have every line of communication monitored by them.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
There is only one agency I can think of that Bush did not want to intercept this message. The Mossad. He knows they have every line of communication monitored by them.

Could it be then that the US wants to cut ties with Israel but doesnt know how without them taking action?

Could the missile shield actually be protecting Europe from the future vengance of Israel?

Maybe the US and Russia have cut a deal to let Iran and Israel mutually destroy each other for the benefit of the rest of the world?

or even work together in instigating this then dividing up the entire middle eastern resources between thr two superpowers and backup plans on confronting the possible response from China to such a situation.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ET baby! Russia is heavily involved with the UFO/ET scene. They just publicly announce a multi million dollar building dedicated to do research on ET visiting earth. This is one the first public notion in regards to this, as well as Mexico being very open to this subject recently.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Extra Terrestrial Threat.

That was my immediate thought. Something so important that Bush couldn't even use a phone or email in case Big Brother was listening.

Oh, it MUST be, because Big Brother can't possibly read, now, can he?
Really, some people would just love to jump to the conclusion of ET threat if Bush/Putin started dancing. This makes no sense. About as much as an ET threat!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could it be that Putin was putting on a false face for the Elections and now its over there is no longer any need for the fake animosity? Could it? Perhaps?

He had to have a bogeyman to control the elections and Bush is a popular target. Now Putin HAS TO make nicey nice to undo the perceived damage. Trade is everything in a World Economy I'd think. Better relations means more trade.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

That was my thought as well. If Russia were to join the US and our allies, it would be nearly impossible to counter balance.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Most likely US realizes that it cannot go on ignoring Russia if it wants to accomplish its long-term goals in regards to foreign policy. Whatever way you look at it - whether US is after Iran, or after oil, or after "terrorists" - US does not stand to gain much in the long term from a tense rivalry with Russia. US does not need Russia as an enemy, and frankly it cannot afford to have Russia as an enemy. No one expects the two to be true allies, but Russia is the "gatekeeper" who keeps US from doing what it wants to do in the Middle East (read Iran and Syria).

ABM in Eastern Europe is just one of the cards which the US holds in this game against Russia. Russia holds its cards too, primarily the energy resources to Europe and cooperation with Iran. For the past 7 years the two sides have tried to secure as many foreign policy "cards" as they could - incidentaly we saw the cooling of relations between the two. This communication between Bush and Putin may be where we see the card exchange finally taking place.

Russia would not agree to forgive and forget the ABM shield for nothing, not even for some good PR in the Western media. This is especially true given that Russia is still mighty mad about Kosovo. So the question is what is Russia going to get in return for cooperation with the US - that is if this is what the "letter" is about. And it does not necessarily have to do with Iran.

I am thinking it has to do with NATO and Ukraine and Georgia. If the US agrees to drop NATO invitations to these countries, and allow them to fall back under the Russian economic and political sphere of influence, Russia will me more than happy to forget the ABM affair.

Alternatively the negotiation might involve Russia's current hegemony over energy resources in the Caspian region - primarily Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. US would be very much willing to give up the ABM shield and Ukraine's cooperation with NATO, if that would mean that US would have equal access to the mostly untapped energy resources in the Caspian region.

We are at a point where both sides - US and Russia - could gain politically and economically from cooperation on these and other issues. So far the US strategy in regards to Russia was rather arrogant, and Russia's reaction was far from friendly either. Now that US finds its foreign policy deadlocked and Russia finds itself politically isolated it's time to make amends.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just a thought...but maybe he was letting Putin know that when the Bushco team drops that nuke we lost several months ago on an American city, that Russia would not be in our sights for retaliation.

However more likely Bush was preparing Putin for upcoming trouble with Israel and Hezbollah and Syria.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You guys are all thinking along the wrong lines.

Although, i think the idea of the napkin note is VERY credible, however i can reveal the true contents on the letter, obtained under the FOIA. Some of the data has been blacklisted to protect the source, however it is also believed that the sender may have forgotten to change the "Your Name, Your Address Fields."

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone #

Debt Collector's Name
Debt Collector's Address

RE: (Account # of Debt Owed, Customer Name & Type of Debt)

Mr/Mrs. Debt Collector,

According to my records, I owe $____ on the above referenced account. This letter is to inform you that within 30 days, I will be sending the above due amount of $____ in order to fully settle my Debts with your company. I will then mark this debt as "Paid in Full."

If you do not agree with the above amount that I owe, you are required to send me a written explanation before these 30 days pass. If I do not receive a written correspondence from you within 30 days, I will assume you agree with my payment and will accept this final debt payment. I will also assume you will mark my account as Zero.

If you have any clarifications or questions, you can reach me at (###-###-####) or my Email: [email protected]

Sincerely,

(Your Signature)
(Your Printed Name)

This letter was taken after W was visiting here

ROFL

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I believe we had a discussion about the relations between our countries not too long ago, let's hope this is a step in the right direction. Like you said, both country's stand to gain if we can cooperate.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

What happened to the red phone?

Simple.
Its been taken off the hook. Too many phone-calls from creditors. It was just getting annoying.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join