It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What year is it really???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dany_Barking
reply to post by gmac1000

2012 will still be 2012, the date was converted to match the stars, which the mayans used to work out the predicted end date.

Dany (and Biggie) got this answer right.

We do all of our time keeping based upon the position of the planets. The Mayan calander was extremely accurate. The Gregorian calendar was not quite as accurate until they got the leap year stuff down.

So -- in approximately 1671 days from now (by my calculations) we will be at the end of the Mayan calendar. That is, the earth will spin 1671 more times on its axis. Another way of looking at it: the earth will revolve around the sun 4.578 more times.

It doesn't matter what year it is in terms of the faulty Gregorian Calendar. The Mayan calander was very exact and precise.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

could it really be 2012 right now.... because my deams are becoming stronger and stronger well there not dreams but nightmares and it's alomost the same one but a little different and for some reason it got really quiet and dark in here just a little creepy i'm 15 and i know i may just be a kid but i'm not stupid and i think the real 2012 is coming and were in for one big ride.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join