It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone took a UFO photo in HongKong but

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
All my efforts to blow up the chinese characters on the building dont seem to help make them more recognisable (but then i only have firefox's image zoom to hand)

I have already postulated where I believe the image was taken from in a previous post, maybe your wife could do a reverse research and see if the buildings there match the ones in the pic/have chinese characters on the side?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is some EXIF data on the first pic.
Dont know if it helps but here it is.

[Image]
Make = Apple
Model = iPhone
Resolution Unit = inch
Date Time = 2008-03-14 16:48:57
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 128
A500 = 11/5

[Camera]
F Number = F2.8
Date Time Original = 2008-03-14 16:48:57
Date Time Digitized = 2008-03-14 16:48:57
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 1200
Exif Image Height = 1600

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
reply to post by freakyclown

But Freaky, those aren't dots of light. They're bars of light.

Again this is explained by the slight lenflaring of the iphone lens, coupled with the hase/mist in the sky added to the fact of multiple compression.
Will turn any bright dot into a slightly blurry bar shape!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Whenever I see a UFO pic taken from behind a glass window I always immediately think of the possibility that it is either something on the window or a reflection on the window.

That's my 2 cents. It could be something in the sky but unfortunately it could very simply be a reflection of light on the window coming from behind the photographer.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Hey, don't yell at me.
It's not nice to yell at girls. I understand your point of view now though.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thres One in Baltimore Tooo!!!! AHHHHHHh

Bigger mage

Actually I made this one.... wasnt hard...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The first image was taken using an iPhone and it does appear to have a Photoshop stamp on it but maybe iPhone use some elements of Photoshop for encoding images

Exif
Apple iPhone 2008:03:14 16:48:57
Photoshop 3.0
8BIM

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

After seeing the Baltimore pic, it very well could be a reflected light from behind, But wouldn't there be a reflection of the person taking the picture be there too? Just curious.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by saturnsrings]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
im just showing that image i made to prove a small point, if its easy to recreate then its most likely not going to be taken that seriously...

although interesting an intriguing most if not 98% of these images are shown to be one thing or another, so without further adu I will allow such process to come into light.

it has two sphere halves one on each side just a smig from the end, an then its in 3 sections and also has two raised square shapes .... very well could be a streamliner chromed out making some odd reflections....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absence of Self
If its not a plane heading directly away or towards the building i'd put my money of the reflection of a ceiling sunk tungsten light in the room behind the cameraman.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the image!
A reflection of a light source in the background.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Could very well be reflection of recessed lighting in the room behind him/her. It's definitely got the shape and color.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
OK just been playing with this image in photoshop and found this...

Load the image into photoshop and zoom into the "ufo" and then select layers.
Untick red and green just leaving the blue layer active.
now while looking at the "ufo" click the green layer to active
repeat unclicking and clicking to see the difference.

What you should see very clearly is the presence of the green light on the right side

Now before you all yell at me about green lights should be on the right wing not the left, imaging a world where the image has been flipped.

I can see no other clear explanation about this image.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it's an aiirplane. I think this also looks suspiciously like an airport:

ps I'm not discounting the reflected interior light theory completely yet either.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Wasco]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
reply to post by Absence of Self

Whenever I see a UFO pic taken from behind a glass window I always immediately think of the possibility that it is either something on the window or a reflection on the window.

That's my 2 cents. It could be something in the sky but unfortunately it could very simply be a reflection of light on the window coming from behind the photographer.

my first instinct as well. I don't like photos taken with glass or mist/fog between the camera and the "ufo" personally.

I mean at first look,you can even see the bulb in the center under a small transparent hood, like a cheap overhead light for a small living room.

Reflection of light bulb w/ with small illuminate cover(hood) on it, would be my best guess. Usually these shots are something simple like that.

I can get the same effect with my back sliding window, and the lamp in the dining room, if I take a pic of the sky outside the backyard through the glass.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Having flown into hong kong many times i can tell you that it is a plane with landing lights on coupled with an average phone camera.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I would have thought my post proving there is a green light on one side of the lights should not only have ended this thread with the conclusion of a plane, but also refute (in this case) that it was not a ufo or a light reflecting in the glass (a very common issue and like the rest is one of my first thoughts with photos taken behind glass)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
To me,, aeroplane landing is this kind of light, but in this iphone photo shown, the object really bright and not just the head's lights.

the level of height for that object seem cant be an aeroplane, in that level of height...too danger. landing beside those buildings?! too close....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Firstly I think people are seriously underestimating just how bright aircraft landing lights are on large commercial jets, can a plane expert shed some light on this for people (no pun intended there!).

Secondly as for being too close to the buildings etc....there is a wonderful thing called perspective that makes large objects that are far away look smaller than they are. So either the plane (it really is a plane honestly!) is either near the buildings in the foreground of that picture and is infact only about 10feet across....OR and try to take this leap of faith here...its actually a real sized massive commercial jet that is several miles away coming in to land!!! *gasp*

now please can we shut this thread?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

here is a C5 Galaxy with landing lights on
can you see them? pretty bright...even in daylight.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sweet that a pretty good pic, cheers for finding that....maybe that will convince people that this is a plane?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join