It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Field Res. Org (BFRO) Exped. 4/10-11/08 W.Va.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Who's up for going?

BFRO excursion secret

Stephen Willis is a native of Webster County. He lived in West Virginia until a couple of years ago, when he retired from the U.S. Army and opened up an industrial business near Wytheville, Va.

Pam Lovins of Kenova works in health care administration in Huntington.
In the past couple of years, Willis and Lovins have investigated dozens of reported Bigfoot sightings in West Virginia.
Willis will be heading up the April four-day expedition, the exact location of which hasn’t been disclosed.

“We can’t tell people exactly where we’re going before we do this because we don’t want people coming in with guns blazing,” Willis said. “There are a lot of people who’d like to kill one.”

Cool. Sounds like it could be a fun excuse for camping trip. Wonder if they have any high tech gear?

Peaceful Deer Hunter or Predator?

Bigfoot’s movement coincides with the movement of a primary food source — deer — Willis said, and the elusive creatures organize hunts “using some of the same tactics as deer hunters.”

“They will conduct drives and push the deer into the waiting arms of other Sasquatch just like deer hunters do,” Willis said. “A Sasquatch can run in excess of 30 miles per hour and will grab the deer and fold it in the middle and break its back.

OK hope that high tech gear includes some anti-personnel weapons for defensive reasons. I'm thinking a Bear suit and some bear spray.

Willis said the average creature can weigh up to 800 pounds, be about 4 feet wide at the shoulders, and have arms that are 10 to 15 percent longer than humans’.

...and some grenades, and a .50 cal?

“In the daytime, they don’t like to make eye contact and will melt into the woods to avoid everyone,” said Willis, whose wife Kathryn says she saw two adult males in Greenbrier County in 2005. “But at night, the best weapon against a Sasquatch is shining a light in their eyes.”

Oh, ok, then. No guns...just some 10 watt LEDs, "Porcupines" and MaxaBlasters for everyone.

Best. BF. quote. ever! (very bottom of page)

Above all else, don’t start shooting at one because they could become wounded.

(ok, second best)
"DUDE...RUNnnnnn!" - Brian Harnois (Ghost Hunters Intl).

Where do I sign up?

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"A BF can run in excess of 30mph"?

"They catch deer and fold them in half"?

Hmmm, OK

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

He's referring to the National Geo show (jpg) on 'The Tennessee Bigfoot Lady' where her husband 'demonstrates' a BF deer takedown maneuver. Janice Carter makes those claims. She says her BF, named "Fox" can talk and comes to the house to ask specifically for 'garlic'. (She demonstrates in a gutteral voice, on the show, heh.)

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow, I missed that one.

She sounds like she's a little light in the loafers. What's your take?

I can see that I'm missing a lot and I used to pretty good at knowing what was out there regarding info.

Must be the reason I follow you around the BF threads.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

My wife kids me about my study being the 'All Bigfoot, All the Time' zone, haha. Seems like whenever she walks in I'm watching a rerun or some documentary on it. (Like, just now, previewing part 4 of that Youtube vid. The first parts are fun also, but this segment is the most, uh, entertaining.)

Funny you should ask about Ms Carter. She has an interesting history. Showed up one night in 'PalTalk' asking about the topic, seemingly just an interested newbie. Then a few months later, or so the buzz goes, she started talking about frequent encounters since childhood.

(If you like, U2U me for her website. I'd rather not promote her by posting it on the forum.)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
anyone who has read the book janice carter wrote, should feel dumber for just reading it. It was a nice story tho, lonelyy farmgirl meets bigfoot, forgets all the important dates, and or times when she and "fox " hung out together, says they have a fully spoken language mixed of cherokee and cree, and that the younger male raped a neighbor girl, alas no police report, and no proof whatsoever, even the neighbors that donated food to the bigfeet, thru janice don't remember doing so. The BFRO fell for her story, hook line and sinker, thanks to he help of mary green"ex-BFRO"

good luck on thge trip if you go, however if somethin tosses rocks at ya, make sure its not someone who "was feeling ill", as this has happened a few times on their research trips.

new topics

top topics

join