It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT HAPPENED??? buzzing noise in my ears and could not move my body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks, at least I know I'm not crazy now. This has been happening to me for the past year or so. Loud buzz in my head, almost feels like my head is vibrating real fast for a split second, and I can hear the sound even though I know it's not really a sound, even makes my eyes water at times.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Luckily whether you think it's sleep paralysis or not has no bearing on whether it actually is. You might not like evidence, but thankfully the medical profession does.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thank God For That...

Last night I was falling to sleep and then heard a large buzzing/humming noise which got louder and louder and felt like it was in my head aswell as the room when I tried to move my neck I felt my whole body stiff up. After a few seconds I was able to sit up... When I did my heart was pumping really fast. More Ironically was that when I told my brother, he said he had the same experience only a few weeks ago...

Glad thats cleared up!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Luckily whether you think it's sleep paralysis or not has no bearing on whether it actually is. You might not like evidence, but thankfully the medical profession does.

Please notify the university that gave me my Biology degree (strange that I got hired as a healthcare biochemist). Anyway, "sleep paralysis" is a general term that describes a condition, not a medically catalogued disease. It's a nebulous term that doesn't adequately describe what's chemically going on. I'm not here to play WebMD, just giving an impression based on my past experiences of having a similar condition...and no, it wasn't "sleep paralysis" in my case, it was syncope. Same effect, different cause. When medically diagnosing something, often you can't just look at the effects and say "oh, this is what it is".

[edit on 15-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
last night i had a similar experience!! it was about 3am and i woke up with my wife resting on my left arm and holding her with my right (spooning position). anyway i decided to roll on to my back to kinda take the weight off of my left shoulder. so there i was laying on my back. when i was about to fall asleep again something in my head told my not to sleep like this?? but having heard that made it more tempting to fall asleep!! but before i slipped away into dreamland i decided i wanted to cuddle up with the wife again. but i could not move!! my right arm was pinned to the bed as i made the effort to continue spooning with my wife!! i felt a form of energy on my chest i tried to turn my head to my wife but i could only face the lamp which was above us not to mention the lamp was swinging in all directions and i could hear a wierd buzzing noice throughout the house?? at this point i was terrified i tried calling for my wife but i even struggled to call her name!! no offense but i sounded like a retard!! after about 3 times of calling her name and trying to bring my arm across to hold her, my wife woke up in shock and then i was able to grab her trying to crawl under her arm for some protection!! i never felt so afraid in my life. i felt all the hairs on my neck and head stand up!!! then my wife calm me down and we prayed and went back to sleep..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

I have experienced this several times as well. I had the exact same symptoms, and the same thought went through my head (probably because I read too much about UFOs and listen to too much Coast To Coast AM). When it has happened, I am never sleeping in my bed, it is usually when I fall asleep on the couch or something different. And it has never happened when I am falling asleep at normal bedtime, it's always been in the afternoon.

I have no explanation for it besides Sleep Paralysis.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
this is when you are about to go on a out of body experience. you hear the buzzing sound and you suddenly realize you cant move, if you let yourself go and dont get scared you get yourself an OBE otherwise you are stuck for some moments with a phenomena called Sleep Paralysis.

Never had the balls to "go with the flow". Also the two SP experiences i had contributed to my fear of these things. feeling an evil presence, the overwhelming fear and being powerless to do anything.if there's evil, that's how i describe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join