It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT HAPPENED??? buzzing noise in my ears and could not move my body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This morning my partner woke me up to say goodbye because he was going to work at the usual time of 5:30am. Everyday I just fall back asleep until its time for me to get up, however today as I was falling back asleep there was a strange buzzing noise in my ears, almost as if it was actually inside my head, and I was unable to move my body. I got scared because I have heard before that this kind of thing happens before an alien abduction... and there was no way I was gonna let anyone take me away!!!, so I forced myself to move by just twitching my fingers a little, which seemed to help. After that I was able to start moving other body parts but it was still really hard to do so and could only move a tiny bit.

I was still freaked out and wanted to stay wide awake until the sun came up, but I just couldnt keep my eyes open and it happened again... the same buzzing noise followed by being unable to move my body but this time I guess I just passed out/fell asleep and didnt wake up again until 10:30 in the morning!!!

Im not saying I got abducted my aliens.... I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what might have happened? Or if anyone else has experienced this??

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sounds like basic sleep paralysis. Basically your parasympathetic nervous system doesn't relinquish the hold like it's supposed to. Takes a bit to wear off.

It's fairly common, more so if you take serotonin reuptake inhibitors (anti0depressants), blood pressure meds etc... basically anything that can interact with the nervous system can cause it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Closest thing i ever felt to what you describe was about 5 months ago, i've put it down to muscle seizure but i'm never too sure about it - essentially it was as if i was carrying weight-lifting gear when i tried to get out of bed to use the bathroom.

Funnily enough, i also felt that 'presence' people talk about at the same time, which only gave me even more incentive to start moving*.

Put simply, no - i don't know what happened specifically in your situation or even my own.

*This, added to my desire to urinate, proved an extremily powerful force.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
lordtyp0 thank you very much for your explanation. I had a headache before bedtime so i took neurofen for it..... that is possibly what caused it.
It was just so scary because i guess its just human nature to jump to paranormal conclusions ie: me getting my fists ready for a fight because I thought the aliens were going to try to take me away!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
...it sounds like a case of sleep paralysis to me!
I've had this a number of times, and it can get quite frightening!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Lol, no problem. Allot of things can cause it, but its completely normal. The relationship of the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic systems is what causes people to twitch in their sleep.

Not to discount Alien Abduction items. But I've seen sleep paralysis and night terrors go hand in hand. Spend many a night in trying to calm my nephew after he would just start screaming in bed-all he could really do was open his eyes and yell for about 30 mins. It sounds and looks allot like Alien Abduction stories that Ive never been able to shake that. I believe in Aliens mind you, just a bit wary over things like cattle mutilations and the likes (can't figure out why they would bother).

It got better when he was older, but still. Nothing like trying to calm a freaked out 10 year old who can't even sit up. (I don't think it's happened to him in a few years now, but it isn't something thats really come up in conversation).

---

Realized it was a bit vague, the sound/look part was him describing what he saw when he woke up. Most the time he wouldn't realize I was in the room, he just thought I was one of the 'shadows' that was tormenting him.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by lordtyp0]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I agree on sleep paralysis but if the buzzing noises and the musscle weakening also take place during the day you should get yourself examined on Meniere's disease.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
5:30 is pretty common time for you to be in a REM period. It varies slightly from one person to the next, but normally between 5 and 7 everyone goes into the deepest REM stage of the entire night. During REM your brain does some pretty wild stuff, including inhibiting your neurotransmitters which causes paralysis. Your body does this so you don’t act out what it is you are dreaming.

Physiologically, certain neurons in the brain stem, known as REM sleep-on cells, (located in the pontine tegmentum), are particularly active during REM sleep, and are probably responsible for its occurrence. The release of certain neurotransmitters, the monoamines (norepinephrine, serotonin and histamine), is completely shut down during REM. This causes REM atonia, a state in which the motor neurons are not stimulated and thus the body's muscles don't move.

The sound can either be a bit of Hypnagogia, which is a type of hallucination caused by chemicals excreted in the brain at sleep onset or when waking up, or it could be an “auditory sleep start” also known as Exploding head syndrome.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi just_julie,

There's a thread here that describes almost exactly what you experienced. Maybe you'll find something in common, or some answers there?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
you probably had water in your ear. Or a mosquito was sucking on your ear and making the buzzin' noise.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Could have been the alarm clock going off = buzzing noise.

And you could have been dreaming about being awake and feeling paralysed. This sometimes happens to me when i wake up from REM and go straight back to sleep... i dream that i wake up... it gets bloody confusing!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Im not saying I got abducted my aliens.... I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what might have happened? Or if anyone else has experienced this??

I live under high tension lines... in a 10 gauss or better field. Your evening experience reminds me of home.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perfect time to try having an OBE too.

If it happens again, go with it and mentally sit up and you'll find you should be able to whilst your body stays put.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
thank you everyone so much for your input....
It reminds me of one time that I must have been sleep walking I guess but I woke up and when I opened my eyes it was broad daylight and I looked at the clock and it said 12:00 noon so I ripped my sheets off and jumped out of bed because I was very late for work and went to run out the door of my bedroom to get ready but next thing I know I had smashed into my closed bedroom door and fallen flat on my butt, and in reality it was only about 5 in the morning and still pitch black! Needless to say I was a little freaked out. It was really weird because I had my eyes open and I guess it was like I was still in a dream?? lol hard to explain but I bet it was just like the above thread.
gave me a fairly decent egg on my forehead too

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I experienced the same thing one time. It was scarry as hell!
I was spread eagle on the bed the phone was ringing and I could not lift an arm or leg.

I confirm the sleep paralasys explaination. Your brain blocks the motor system while you sleep to protect you from moving around and getting hurt. Kind of the opposite of sleepwalking.

Wake stilling.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I just want to add my vote for sleep paralysis. It is terrifying to be stuck like that, so I can understand your worry. I have had the buzzing during a sleep paralysis event,too.
For years I thought I was either leaving my body or being abducted by aliens

[edit on 18-3-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah sounds pretty much like sleep paralysis, had had two times. The first time I was freaked out. The second time I knew it and decided to go back to sleep and I did
and then later I woke up without a problem. The clue is to give in to it, as scary as it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis occurs because your body is not quite ready to get up, and still wants to stay at rest.

The best thing to do is not panic, admit that its just a physical reaction to lack of sleep and return to slumbar. Panicking will only increase the electric vibrations.

My theory is that you are able to feel the natural current which runs through and controls your muscles. (Normally this is filtered out). Others believe that it is a phase shift between your spirit and physical bodies. But that all depends on what you believe as an individual.

Some people attempt to take advantage of this state for out of body experiences or conscious lucid dreaming. Again, that depends on what you would like to believe.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I had this happen to me on a few occasions.

I was in a kind of boot camp and woke up abruptly when the commanding officer was coming down the hall. I was pretty pleased with myself that I heard him before he made all the racket. Anywho, I was outside my door at attention and started to get a buzzing noise in my ear and remember hearing him stop and ask "are you alright?", then I fell over. When I woke up, he said I looked pretty pale. Apparently I moved a lot faster than my circulatory system could keep up with.

I also had this one time when I had blood drawn. Loud buzzing, can't move, felt weak, passed out. Here's the cool part: I remember the dreamlike thing I was in when I passed out. In the fainted state, I remember watching TV. Some guy was talking and then the constant buzzing was heard. After a few seconds of concentrating, the buzzing turned into really fast speaking. Some seconds more I could actually understand what the guy was saying though I was having a hard time keeping up (processing) what he was saying. Then it went back to fast-speaking, then buzzing, then I woke up. Doctor said I looked pale and knew I was "going under" to he and assistant acted quick to make sure I was laying down.

My advice is to wake up slowly, make sure you have plenty of food and water before doing any kind of strenuous activity. I've come close to passing out a time or two from heavy workouts where I didn't have enough. The body reaches for energy to keep up and it simply wasn't there.

There are many who like to slap it with "sleep paralysis" but I don't think the causes are the same.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
don't worry, that happened to me before, i waz scared to, but i dont thing it has anything to do with alien abduction, its a common case and has something to do with your body.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join