It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush, Hannity and Boortz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh
Rush

Sean Hannity
Hannity

Neal Boortz
Boortz

Now while these Conservative Commentators take a lot of flack, their sheer dominance of the radio venue is factual and empirical evidence they are speaking what America wants to hear. Why else would over 22 million people listen to Rush?

Sure I have heard it all before. That the listeners are just listening to laugh at him.
That the listeners are just "sheeple"

SHEESH... 22 million sheeple? And that's just Rush. I think Hannity is somewhere around 12 million and Boortz 7 or 8....

I don't always agree with Rush, Nannity and certainly not Boortz, I listen to learn straight factual "goings on" in the Conservative world. I listen to NPR to find out what the enemy is up to. Same reason I watch CNN, MSNBC and the Big Three.

Of course I get a lot of news here on ATS, but that gets a spin every bit as often as CNN, just usually more subtle.

Anyway, I thought I would put links to their sites up for you all to go to and take a look around. It is the "Main Base" for Conservatives, so to speak...

If anyone knows of any other good, solid Conservative radio or internet commentators, please post their links here for all of us...

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I wasn't very happy with Rush's suggestion that Texas Republicans cross over and vote for Hillary. The last thing conservatives need is to be accused of using "dirty tricks" to help sway an election.
What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah that was kind of off color, no pun intended of course....

However it can be a valid and effective ploy in elections....

In fact as my state was in no way going to support the Republican Candidate I thought would do the best job, I voted in the Democrat Primary and pushed the button for Obama...

Now as for the general, I will have to support McCain even though I think he was about 5th on the list of Republican Possibles in conservative leadership principles, but he is what we have left to deal with...

Semper

ps.. I'm still not sure I wont vote for Obama in the general if he gets the nod... In my opinion he is at least as Conservative as McCain except on Taxes. It is the Tax issue that will cause me to vote McCain though..

S

[edit on 3/18/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Also remember...

These are political commentary shows...

They are paid to express THEIR personal opinions and not factual news...

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm still not sure whether I can vote for McCain. I definitely don't like the fact that he wanted to grant illegals special status. I'm still tempted to write Ron Paul in, just out of principal.
I also do not like the Fed, period, as you can probably tell from my signature. In fact, if you look at the financial crisis that we're in, I believe the Fed is making things worse, not better. They are weakening the dollar to the point, where the rest of the world wants no part of it.
Anyway, as much as Ron Paul calls himself a libertarian, with a few exceptions on some issues, I agreed with his stance much more than any of the others. It would have been nice if the MSM had given him an equal chance. Most of the people I talked to had never even heard of Ron Paul. I was quite upset that Fox News decided to exclude him from the debate they ran. What happened to Fair and Balanced? They upset a lot of long-time viewers with that decision, IMO.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't think that RP had any chance regardless of the MSM or the Fox Debates, but I would take him over McCain any day...

I have threatened to write myself in and you are welcome to as well...

Maybe I'll get the nod and then the country is in REAL trouble...

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Another one I enjoy listening to, although I hardly ever get the chance.

Mark Levin

apc

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
They are paid to express THEIR personal opinions and not factual news...

You got that right... it's like watching a train wreck. I can't stand the arrogance and hypocrisy of the others but I still listen to Boortz every now and then. However even him I've caught in a couple outright lies. Just part of the business I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If you missed Rush today, you missed a really GREAT show....

For those of you that hate, Rush was absent and Mark Davis took his place...

The commentary was excellent and the callers informed and interesting...

Rush

Here is Mark's site also...

Mark Davis

He is worth a look...

Semper

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think what the talk show host should be emphasizing is what a great job the GOP is doing with the economy and the war, instead of being such crybabies about the libs and dembs. Accentuate the positive!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well as the GOP only now applies and has only applied to the President and his extremely limited power during a Democratically controlled congress, I fail to see what the GOP has to do with the issue you espouse...

It is the DEMOCRATS that have failed to carry through with their promise of a GREAT economy, in fact they have destroyed a wonderful economy as they always do.

They have failed MISERABLY in the fact they have not even made a serious attempt to follow through on their stupid promise to surrender in Iraq...

So as the real power sits in the sitting Senate and House, and those august bodies are Democrat Controlled, your postulation is flawed...

Semper

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I still listen to most of them, every now and then.

Mark Levin, With that voice, and those rants..LOL..thats when the radio goes off.
I just can't take him. He just recently replaced Bill O'really? in our market.

Rush, is the best entertainer of the group. Possibly the least narrow minded, and friendliest to his callers. I swear, at one point he was inches away from supporting Ron Paul.

Hannity? He does some nice things for our troops, and the families of fallen soldiers. I don't think he understands all the facets of Patriotism. Very narrow minded IMO. He trashed Ron Paul constantly. His callers are not the sharpest tools in the shed. But he likes it that way.

I also think whaaa, should have his own show.

Music, and Politics....Or Tunes n Goons..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I also think whaaa, should have his own show.

Music, and Politics....Or Tunes n Goons..

Thanks Mono, at least I wouldn't be such a crybaby.

Now M. Savage; thats a real man!!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hmmm. So i'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. At least i think i am.

I listen to Glenn Beck & Neal Boortz on my way into work in the AM. Boortz appeals to my "not-a-morning-person" side and Beck keeps me entertained (and distracted) long enough to not rage on some of these Florida Suncoast drivers.

The drive home is accompanied by Hannity & Savage. Savage is as entertaining as Beck in the morning, but way more angry. Hannity is my enemy!

Mark Levin has got to be the hardest to listen to. He never lets his challengers speak and i'm not into the whole us against them mentality that he and others (Hannity, Rush) seem to encourage.

I'd name some of my favorite liberal talk show hosts but liberal talk radio is a myth!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Dennis Miller has turned conservative talk show host on FM and he makes some really good points after you wade thru all the obscure references about obscure sports figures somehow tied to contemporary politics and currents events.

What appeals to me about Dennis is that he is not a crybaby whiner all the time and doesn't take himself so seriously and can be critical without being sanctimonious and mean spirited.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

By ALEX MINDLIN
Published: April 7, 2008
Rush Limbaugh’s fans are at their most numerous when he is not even speaking. That is among the findings of a study by Coleman Insights, a radio consulting firm, that uses newly available minute-by-minute listener data from New York, Philadelphia and Houston to map the ebb and flow of Mr. Limbaugh’s audience.

The study found that Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was greatest during commercials, beating his share during on-air segments by 0.18 percentage point.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Even more applicable...

One of the Left's great agonies and frustrations of the past fifteen years has been its abortive quest to field a counterpart to Rush Limbaugh.

To their bitter dismay, they all came to grief despite the great hype and hope that surrounded each successive attempt.

The key to success in this kind of enterprise is the host's ability to articulate his positions in a logical and cogent manner.

the crux of liberals' problem lies. They are simply not able to explain and defend their views in rational fashion.

American Thinker

Now as for the .18%... THATS RIGHT FOLKS.... The difference is POINT ONE EIGHT Percent...

Well I think that speaks for itself...

The biggest flaw Libs can find with the MASSIVELY successful Rush Limbaugh show is a discrepancy of .18%..

Keep it coming Grover, that is the best laugh I have had all day....

Semper

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh yeah....

Also here is the ACTUAL STUDY...

This finding shows that the Rush Limbaugh audience has extremely high anticipation for the show and tunes in through commercials—a testament to his extremely strong brand and the loyalty of his audience.

The findings show significant tune in at the beginning of the show and at the start of each subsequent hour of the show, which suggests high anticipation for its content. The study has also found that audience share levels do not change significantly as content changes during the show, demonstrating the high loyalty of Rush Limbaugh‘s audience.

Coleman Study

OOOOPPPPSSSSS

BACKFIRE!!!

The above is from Grover's link and the actual study... Check it out yourselves, it is a GREAT promotion for the Rush Limbaugh Show...

Semper

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Oh I can do better.... click on the link in my signature.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Now THAT is a picture worth a thousand words my friend...

Excellent...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join